Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

Just getting tired of watching this brand of baseball. Not what I expect from the Reds and I, unlike others, am having a hard time accepting the fact that this is who they now are.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Sounds very reasonable to me. Sounds like he's treating them like adults.
    I agree. I was being funny I thought, but I get your point. Unfortunately, the brain farts from Votto, he of the big contract, and Phillips, he also of the big contract, seem to be phoning it in these days. The offensive woes of this team seem to be a lack of concentration--first pitch hitting and having he same pitches getting them out over and over. It seems like the opposition's scouting is followed and we're not smart enough to know it. I still say that not signing Scott Rolen (and replacing him with Jack Hannahan on more than a one year contract--Sweet Baby Jesus) was a mistake (see my other post). If a team ever needed adult supervision, this is one. But, that's water under the bridge by now.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

4. Likes:

joshua (08-28-2013),Mutaman (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about Rolen. What had we really accomplished with him?
    Leadership that's what! I agree with WVRedsFan on this.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

6. Likes:

armybrat45103 (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I agree with you Muteman that it's time. However we all know with Griffey...just because your a star does not mean your a leader. It has to be a everyday player.
    True, but did't ludwick prove he was a leader last year. The best baseball this team has played in a long time came during a period when joey wasn't even on the team. Good pitching, great defense, solid fundamental baseball, and step up play by Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Yep, that's what was said
    Was not directed at you, or anybody in particular, but rather the entire "Reds = worst team in the world, Cardinals = best group of warriors who ever lived" tone of this thread.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No anchor tied to your bottoms boys, if you want to root for the Cardinals and their gritty warriors, I'm sure there's a CardinalsZone out there for ya. Through thick and thin, I'm happy as a Red.
    Seems a bit dramatic.

I think there's a difference in pulling for a team and respecting the way they play the game.

10. Likes:

joshua (08-28-2013)

Was not directed at you, or anybody in particular, but rather the entire "Reds = worst team in the world, Cardinals = best group of warriors who ever lived" tone of this thread.
    It's frustration, Tom. If someone is on this board, they are Reds fans. This series will come and go and hopefully we'll forget about this. Three straight losses will do that to you. We will overcome.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

True, but did't ludwick prove he was a leader last year. The best baseball this team has played in a long time came during a period when joey wasn't even on the team. Good pitching, great defense, solid fundamental baseball, and step up play by Ludwick.
    Ludwick is not a leader. Wish he was though. Leaders are far and few between which is why I hated losing players like Hernandez, Rolen, Cabrerra, Vaughn, etc.

"So Fla Red"

No anchor tied to your bottoms boys, if you want to root for the Cardinals and their gritty warriors, I'm sure there's a CardinalsZone out there for ya. Through thick and thin, I'm happy as a Red.
    Tom I'm usually with ya, but I just don't get these type of posts. Everyone is frustrated the team has completely spit the bit and melted down in an almost embarassing fashion the last couple of nights.

The team is headed to the postseason, but certainly has many flaws. Most of which have been on painful display since Friday night and amplified x10 the last two nights with sbsolutely no fire in the belly.

For me it has just been a strange season to watch. They are 15-over .500 so it beats the crud out of the Lost Decade yet the club has just seemed unsatisfying and frustrating most of this "all-in" season. Get on a late season roll then watch Cingrani and Broxton go down the next week.

The repeated gaffes and boneheaded plays - which seem to be increasing in frequency when focus and detail are needed down the stretch are what leave me scratching my head the most. It's lack of leadership both on the field and in the dugout and it is rearing its ugly head as we head into September.

14. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Tom I'm usually with ya, but I just don't get these type of posts. Everyone is frustrated the team has completely spit the bit and melted down in an almost embarassing fashion the last couple of nights.

The team is headed to the postseason, but certainly has many flaws. Most of which have been on painful display since Friday night and amplified x10 the last two nights with sbsolutely no fire in the belly.

For me it has just been a strange season to watch. They are 15-over .500 so it beats the crud out of the Lost Decade yet the club has just seemed unsatisfying and frustrating most of this "all-in" season. Get on a late season roll then watch Cingrani and Broxton go down the next week.

The repeated gaffes and boneheaded plays - which seem to be increasing in frequency when focus and detail are needed down the stretch are what leave me scratching my head the most. It's lack of leadership both on the field and in the dugout and it is rearing its ugly head as we head into September.
    All of that I can get. But to be praising the Cardinals to the heavens on top of it? Count me out. Screw the Cardinals.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

kbrake (08-28-2013),Larkin Fan (08-28-2013),WVRedsFan (08-28-2013)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

You were ragging on a Michigan Man and I called you out for it. Now you can have the last word.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    This must be what it's like to be a Michigan fan the past dozen or so years.
    "ragging on a Michigan Man"?

Whut?

lol

"So Fla Red"

You were ragging on a Michigan Man and I called you out for it. Now you can have the last word.
    He was doing no such thing. Pointing out the feeling of being owned by your rival again and again. Steelers vs. Bengals would be another perfectly apt analogy.

I'm a diehard OSU fan and that's exactly what the Cooper years felt like the other way around. And I'm sure the Matta/Tressel/Urban freight train that has stemrolled the Maize and Blue season after season has felt the same way for the team up north the past decade.

Not that any little perceived backhanded shot at Michigan isn't a good thing every once in a while. Perfectly acceptable on any message board or casual conversation

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    Ludwick is not a leader. Wish he was though. Leaders are far and few between which is why I hated losing players like Hernandez, Rolen, Cabrerra, Vaughn, etc.
    On two different occassions last year, the Mets announcers, who are competent, pointed out where Hernandez was not hustling. I remember this well because it was so unusal for last year's team. So i guess leadership is in the eye of the beholder.

Saw the score was 2-0 in the 2nd inning and didn't watch the rest because it was already over. The reds are Pedro Martinez and the cardinals are their daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    He was doing no such thing. Pointing out the feeling of being owned by your rival again and again. Steelers vs. Bengals would be another perfectly apt analogy.

I'm a diehard OSU fan and that's exactly what the Cooper years felt like the other way around. And I'm sure the Matta/Tressel/Urban freight train that has stemrolled the Maize and Blue season after season has felt the same way for the team up north the past decade.

Not that any little perceived backhanded shot at Michigan isn't a good thing every once in a while. Perfectly acceptable on any message board or casual conversation
    Fair enough. I just don't like dirty coaches and the Universities that hire them. Tressel and OSU are a good example. Perfectly acceptable criticism on any message board or in casual conversation

Turn Off Ads?