Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

"So Fla Red"

Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    All of that I can get. But to be praising the Cardinals to the heavens on top of it? Count me out. Screw the Cardinals.
    I'm not one in the praise the Cardinals camp and in general avoid the hat tipping of the cap to the opposition. I have respect for the RedBirds franchise itself , but Molina (yeah I think he has been and may still be a PED user) and the rest of them can go collective suck it as far as I'm concerned.

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-28-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    On two different occassions last year, the Mets announcers, who are competent, pointed out where Hernandez was not hustling. I remember this well because it was so unusal for last year's team. So i guess leadership is in the eye of the beholder.
    I also remember Hernandez staring down Edwin E. for not completing a routine play at 3rd.

"So Fla Red"

Fair enough. I just don't like dirty coaches and the Universities that hire them. Tressel and OSU are a good example. Perfectly acceptable criticism on any message board or in casual conversation
    I think you managed to state your bias and hypocrisy on the entire subject and then tried to play thread police when you were called out.

And a Wisconisn fan showing empathy for "Michigan Man" LOL funny.

OSU envy? It will eat ya up.

6. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    I think you managed to state your bias and hypocrisy on the entire subject and then tried to play thread police when you were called out.

And a Wisconisn fan showing empathy for "Michigan Man" LOL funny.

OSU envy? It will eat ya up.
    Wll I guess UConn and Penn State fans used to feel other schools were envious of their programs too. Success at what price? But now that I think about it, what would anyone be envious about? When's the last time you guys won anything? 2002's a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    I'm not one in the praise the Cardinals camp and in general avoid the hat tipping of the cap to the opposition. I have respect for the RedBirds franchise itself , but Molina (yeah I think he has been and may still be a PED user) and the rest of them can go collective suck it as far as I'm concerned.
    When I was a kid, the Reds biggest rival was the Dodgers. As much as we hated them back then, you had to respect their talent and grit. The difference between now and then is the fact that we played hard nosed ball in the 70's. Rose, Bench, etc made sure of it. Now, all we do is watch how well other teams play the game and, as much as I hate to admit it, the Cards play the game much better than we do at this time. Even though we have the better talent.

I have been a Reds fan since I was old enough to follow baseball, I remeber the Reds when Jim maloney was the ace and Bobby Tolan was playing basketball in the off-season I consider myself a die-hard Reds fan; however I have to give the "dirty birds" their due, at this point in time they are the better team, I have little faith in this Reds team against the Cards. The Reds were playing good ball, move to within 2 1/2 games and "wham" they drop a series to the Braun-less Brewers and get smoked in St. louis. Yes I am Frustrated, because unless someone on this team steps it up, I sense a "bengalesqe" departure from the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    When I was a kid, the Reds biggest rival was the Dodgers. As much as we hated them back then, you had to respect their talent and grit. .
    The Penquin? Lasorda? Cry Babies Russell and Lopes? Speak for yourself.

The Penquin? Lasorda? Cry Babies Russell and Lopes? Speak for yourself.
    Any team that wins 95 games a season routinely gets my respect. Sorry.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Wll I guess UConn and Penn State fans used to feel other schools were envious of their programs too. Success at what price? But now that I think about it, what would anyone be envious about? When's the last time you guys won anything? 2002's a long time ago.
    It's garbage like this that has kept me from visiting your favorite board - The Tavern.

Your hate and envy will eventually consume you. Let it go.

13. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    It's garbage like this that has kept me from visiting your favorite board - The Tavern.

Your hate and envy will eventually consume you. Let it go.
    Sis Boom Bah. But thanks for the psychological advice. Worth every penny. That's why we pay you the big bucks. Go Redlegs.

"So Fla Red"

Seriously a Wisconsin fan calling smack on tOSU football...

tOSU and Michigan have been the only programs consistently holding up the conference nationally the past 40+ years. Nebraska is too new to count. OSU seemed down after the Tressel situation and then just went out and got the best college coach in the country not named Saban to fill the void to steamroll the rest of the conference for another decade. UW's meatball coach cried like a baby that the Urbanator was out SEC-recruiting him and then bolted to a second tier SEC school when he saw the writing on the wall.

Just for comedic value I looked it up and Wisconsin is 18-55-5 against tOSU all-time and 10-49-1 all-time against the school up North. Wisconsin also needs to thank Ohio HS football for any occassional national relevance.

I will say Camp Randall is an awesome venue and the 4th Quarter jump thing is kind of cool. Nice academic school, but just let the two big boys slug it out on the rivalry smack. It is a respect thing and we know how to handle it ourselves.

Now how 'bout those Reds?

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    When I was a kid, the Reds biggest rival was the Dodgers. As much as we hated them back then, you had to respect their talent and grit. The difference between now and then is the fact that we played hard nosed ball in the 70's. Rose, Bench, etc made sure of it. Now, all we do is watch how well other teams play the game and, as much as I hate to admit it, the Cards play the game much better than we do at this time. Even though we have the better talent.
    I do love the fact the Reds have a rival again. That makes for much better fan interest and conversation. MLB stole the Dodgers from us in the 90s, I hated that Blue growing up, but always had incredible respect for the franchise and Lasorda. (similar for me with tOSU and Michigan football). And never thought it was fair they got to live in sunny Southern California to boot.

I was also one of those late night radio under the pillow kids from the late 70s and 80s NL West days.

Kept the radio under the bed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Was not directed at you, or anybody in particular, but rather the entire "Reds = worst team in the world, Cardinals = best group of warriors who ever lived" tone of this thread.
    Honest question, how old are you? I know the "board rules" vary, depending on the poster, but how about an answer. I'm guessing between 15 and 25. Is that close?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Sis Boom Bah.
    Sorry, I don't speak that language (whatever it is).

Turn Off Ads?