Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.30.13 Reds @ Rockies

"So Fla Red"

Re: 8.30.13 Reds @ Rockies

Those were two painful AB's

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Terrible at bat by Choo. He's just killing the Reds tonight.
    Yeah....everyone else has had quality - amazing at bats

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    You might want to recall that the majority of pitchers we face are RH, and the majority of our games are played OUTSIDE of Coors field. Just sayin'.
    Yeah, but when these guys leave, as they both likely will, remembering tonight will make Reds fans feel better.

Choo's mid .800 OPS still looks pretty darn good to me no matter how you slice it.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Could have been a big inning, but the #'s 1 & 2 in the order can't hit the ball out of the infield. Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Choo's mid .800 OPS still looks pretty darn good to me no matter how you slice it.
    Completely agree. But he doesn't hit lefties very well.

"So Fla Red"

My nightmare is Choo leaving and Dusty still around to fill the #1 and #2 slots next year. All of that is retracted if the Reds win the WS (stop laughing people).

Although to his defense, there aren't any good options in that scenario. This offense is going to be gawd-awful without Choo next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    I was 13 was mowing my parents' grass and listening on the radio. That was probably the most fun I've ever had listening to a baseball game.

Also in 99 was when we hit 9 or 10 hrs in Philadelphia....that season was just magical and combined with how young I was, I don't think there will ever be a more fun summer for me following the Reds than that one.
    I was always a reds and baseball fan, but this season is when I really fell in love with baseball....im still haunted by what I think that team could have done if they had actually made the playoffs. Not positive, but I believe every year since 96 wins would have them in the playoffs.

Logan looks sharp tonight.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Bronson had just won 4 straight, going 7 innings in 3 of those 4. 4 out of 5's not bad.

Reds have 27 games left after tonight. Can't keep wasting the chances to gain on the leaders.

13. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-30-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

1-2-3 for Logan.

How u doin

watching this offense feels worse than getting youre teeth pulled

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Completely agree. But he doesn't hit lefties very well.
    No. But he still walks enough to merit a lineup spot. And he kills RHP obviously. As a left fielder, he's still my guy. CF? Not so much.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Could have been a big inning, but the #'s 1 & 2 in the order can't hit the ball out of the infield. Sheesh!
    Working on memory here, Choo could have walked at least twice tonight if he had aid off the slider. BP is just having his usual slump.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?