Turn Off Ads?
Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1284

Thread: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Trying to bunt Hamilton over after PR him was my head scratcher of a moment.

2. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-05-2013),WVRedsFan (09-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I don't think you know what a suicide squeeze is. It looked possibly like it could be a safety squeeze. But in no way was it a suicide squeeze. On that play the runner breaks straight for home, damn the consequences.

Heck, it has been reported Dusty just said it was Heisey bunting for a hit.
    Choo "broke for home, damn the consequences". By your own definition it was a suicide squeeze. Don't flatter yourself. We all know what a suicide squeeze is around here...

Trying to bunt Hamilton over after PR him was my head scratcher of a moment.
    I didn't like it, but it is the "book" move with a normal runner.

One thing, Mujica is Cuetoeque in terms of stopping the running game. Mujica and Molina might be the best combo in the league at it. That might have something to do with it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Parra wasn't at the game because his wife was giving birth to their child. Congrats to him, luckily Duke got a huge out for us when we needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Parra wasn't at the game because his wife was giving birth to their child.
    Good one, Dusty.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Choo "broke for home, damn the consequences". By your own definition it was a suicide squeeze. Don't flatter yourself. We all know what a suicide squeeze is around here...
    If that is the case, round up some others who believe it was a suicide squeeze at this point (bear in mind Dusty said Heisey was bunting for a hit) and get back to me. Seriously.

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but there was a lot of "suicide squeeze" talk, and I tried to put the brakes on that, and most have realized it was not now. But you are digging in on this one, and I am glad to engage.

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-05-2013),TSJ55 (09-05-2013),villain612 (09-05-2013)

No way that was a suicide squeeze. While not the only reason, Choo's run from 3rd was more opportunistic and reactive than full turbo thrusters. That said, I'd give 10% of the blame to Choo since his aggressiveness, while admirable, wasn't sensible given it was Heisey batting. So, 10% Choo, 90% Heisey.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Choo reacted to Heisey squaring and he assumed (incorrectly) that Heisey had a clue and would lay it down. If he layed it down it would be for a hit (since there were two out and all) and of course Choo would try to score just like any other batted ball in that situation. Hiesey whiffed and put Choo is a bad spot. Bad all the way around.

Not a squeeze. Not close. Can that term even be used with 2 outs anyway?

If that is the case, round up some others who believe it was a suicide squeeze at this point (bear in mind Dusty said Heisey was bunting for a hit) and get back to me. Seriously.

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but there was a lot of "suicide squeeze" talk, and I tried to put the brakes on that, and most have realized it was not now. But you are digging in on this one, and I am glad to engage.
    I live in the real world and it reality, Choo's move towards homeplate was "suicidal". It may not have been a called suicide squeeze from the bench but Choo made it into one by breaking for home

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    No way that was a suicide squeeze. While not the only reason, Choo's run from 3rd was more opportunistic and reactive than full turbo thrusters. That said, I'd give 10% of the blame to Choo since his aggressiveness, while admirable, wasn't sensible given it was Heisey batting. So, 10% Choo, 90% Heisey.
    I disagree with you. I'd flip it. 90% on Choo. Just because the hitter does something stupid is no reason for the hitter to compound the stupidity

I disagree with you. I'd flip it. 90% on Choo. Just because the hitter does something stupid is no reason for the hitter to compound the stupidity
    And, God knows we couldn't blame Heisey. You know, the .233 hitting, .700 OPS "slugger" who was 0-6 tonight who decided to bunt with two out in a game that lasted forever. The love for Heisey around here borders on sickening.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Think you mean "runner" where you wrote "hitter" the 2nd time? Heisey has to be able to lay down a bunt and, in that situation, shouldn't have been bunting anyway. Choo saw Heisey square and bet (wrongly) he'd put the ball in the play. Not a terrible bet but, in hindsight, obviously not the right one. MLB.com has the play as Choo caught stealing home. That's funny stuff if you watch the replay.

Tomorrow is, in fact, another day. We are still in very good shape. But we really need to take care of business and this series with a win tomorrow behind Tony.

Execution.

If Heisey gets the bunt down and beats it out he's a hero for seeing the 3B playing back.

17. Likes:

Ironman92 (09-05-2013),Rantly (09-05-2013),texasdave (09-05-2013),TSJ55 (09-05-2013)

Execution.

If Heisey gets the bunt down and beats it out he's a hero for seeing the 3B playing back.
    Right. The bunt idea wasn't crazy. Heisey is fast. Element of surprise. Chris isn't a high average hitter, chances of a base hit weren't great.

But the execution was just not good. Heisey doesn't make contact and Choo is caught off base. How could it go worse?

19. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-05-2013),texasdave (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    You are simply wrong.
    The point here is that Heisey not only made an attempt to bunt the pitch with 2 outs but also swung at it in a bunt attempt.
    100% on Heisey.
    I'm 100% sure we really need to win tomorrow night's game.

Turn Off Ads?