Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers vs Reds 9/7/2013

Re: Dodgers vs Reds 9/7/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'll admit I wasn't crazy about the idea of having a one-dimensional player on a playoff roster. But after seeing just how ridiculously disruptive he is on the bases, now I'm coming around on that. I'd still like to see him get some plate appearances, though. I don't think it's good to have a guy only for pinch running. Still need him to be able to hit too.
    Not sure what you need to see.....DRob or Hamilton? X or Hamilton?

He is the best in the world at a baseball skill....and while I have nothing beyond past experience....when he's in the bases the pressure adds to the pitcher to hold him on and the catcher to extra quick.

The negative is.....they don't want him to hit or field so Dusty has to use him correctly and make sure there is a sub to replace whoever he replaced.

From watching on TV and at the stadium....he has Deion speed but has base running instincts. So far in just 4 attempts he's advanced 4 bases without an out and each one has been by more and more.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Take 3 of 4 from the Cards, 2 of 3 (so far) from the Dodgers, and some people are trying to find a way to be negative?

Please, go outside. Look at the sky. Reflect on life. Be happier.
    No kidding. I just don't understand some people. Apparently they're only happy when things go poorly so they can spout off the "I told you so" 's. Sad.

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-07-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-09-2013)

Billy Billy Billy
    Can't you see
    Sometimes your steals just hypnotize me
    And I just love your flashy ways
    Guess that's why we win when you run for days

(we're still good btw )
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Brisco (09-07-2013),dabvu2498 (09-07-2013),dubc47834 (09-07-2013),JohnCocktoasten (09-07-2013),powersackers (09-07-2013),WVRedsFan (09-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Cant wait for us to win the central, then make a deeeeeeep run into the playoffs, win the WS. Would love to see how the Dusty bashers would take to him being around and extra year or two with a World Series ring on his finger....buwahahahaha
    We're you this way with Pete McK, Miley, Narron and Boone?

Do you post without defending or giving kudos to Dusty?

I do get on Dusty (not nearly as much now that Stubbs was taken from his arsenal).....but I also post about everything else.

Why didn't Dusty PR for Heisey the PH? Heisey runs pretty well but is closer to Ludwick's speed than Hamilton's.

I guess I just find it odd that you only post on one topic, but to each their own. Have a good day.

Go Reds!

The Dusty honks are possibly worse than the Dusty bashers. Start a separate thread for that nonsense.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

I do get on Dusty (not nearly as much now that Stubbs was taken from his arsenal).....but I also post about everything else.

Why didn't Dusty PR for Heisey the PH? Heisey runs pretty well but is closer to Ludwick's speed than Hamilton's.

I guess I just find it odd that you only post on one topic, but to each their own. Have a good day.

Go Reds!
    You obviously don't read many of my post. I post about everything here on Redszone, but lately the bashers have been out in force. So when something goes right for the Reds I like to give credit where credit is due, since when the Reds lose it's Dustys fault, i give him credit when they win!!! Go back and read my other post before you blindly accuse me of something...Go Reds!

Since June 22nd the Dodgers have only lost 16 games, and we gave them 3 of those losses. The rest of the NL isn't doing their parts!
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Great move Dusty. Save BH for the 10th. LOL Geez Dusty is THICK sometimes.
    Dumb ol' Dusty saved Bill Hamilton for the 10th inning. What a dolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    "Pet Sounds" was brilliant.
    Way over the heads of most people here.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    You obviously don't read many of my post. I post about everything here on Redszone, but lately the bashers have been out in force. So when something goes right for the Reds I like to give credit where credit is due, since when the Reds lose it's Dustys fault, i give him credit when they win!!! Go back and read my other post before you blindly accuse me of something...Go Reds!
    Blindly? How can you possibly deny that most of your posts aren't something favoring Dusty?

C'mon, I've spent a ton of time on here since early June. There are two names when I scroll through the threads that when I see them I know the post is some sort of Dusty defense or compliment.

You are a good poster and you typically defend/compliment him well....but I assume you have much more to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Way over the heads of most people here.
    Why don't you explain it to us?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Blindly? How can you possibly deny that most of your posts aren't something favoring Dusty?

C'mon, I've spent a ton of time on here since early June. There are two names when I scroll through the threads that when I see them I know the post is some sort of Dusty defense or compliment.

You are a good poster and you typically defend/compliment him well....but I assume you have much more to offer.
    My post about BH and JV tend to disagree with that. I will admit that I defend Dusty more than most on here, but it's not the majority of what I post about.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Watch it again....and again and again and again!

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_...ic_id=28898650
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 09-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.

17. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-09-2013),oregonred (09-07-2013),TSJ55 (09-07-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Go Reds!
    Bob "Buffoon" and Narron asleep in the dugout posts were standard fare for most of the Lost Decade. The overmanaging and dynamic lineup construction by Bob was a source of great entertainment. Pete McK was a short lived Redszone favorite, but was never given a chance to manage fulltime.

My complaint isn't that Dusty is a horrible manager, I think he is a great clubhouse guy and player's manager and has served the Reds very well to this point. My expectations are higher now, this is the best sustained Reds roster since the 70s. He's had the keys to a Mercedes in a league full of Kias, Buicks and Yugos for the last couple of seasons. With a top shelf rotation, I simply have higher expectations now than during the past few seasons.

Can he get the Reds over the long standing playoff series drought in year 3-4 of the Reds competitive window? Fair or not that's the measuring stick now and his history of not winning the big one has to be a concern --with last year's Giants series meltdown only serving to reinforce that.

Yes the Dusty defenders emerging after a hard fought win or good week is as annoying as the bashers.
    Last edited by oregonred; 09-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Dumb ol' Dusty saved Bill Hamilton for the 10th inning. What a dolt.
    I would have pinch ran him for Heisey and I would have pinch hit Phillips for Izturas. I also wouldn't have bunted with Choo. That's not to say it was bad strategy but it was just something I would have done different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?