Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

Re: 9/10/13 --- Reds vs Infant Bears

glad i was feeling bad and slept and DVRed tat game.. just watched it and was like how in the world did the Reds play great the last two series then lay a egg against the CUBS????? Goodness.. Did somebody tell them they clinched the division and the rest of theses games are no big deals?? Here is what I WISH would have happened the 1st time Jay Bruce came up.. 2nd and 3rd 2 outs.. has a 2-0 count.. They showed the shift and noway anybody throws him out if he drops a bunt down 3rd.. Jackson throws him a perfect straight down the middle pitch Which he takes, and if he dropped the bunt its 1-0 Reds 1st and 3rd.. of course he has to ground out towards the rightside of the infield..aftyer that to end the threat.. The Cubs looked more motivated in that game..GRRRRRRR..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    My prediction is that if the Reds get out of this half inning without giving up any more runs that they comeback and win.
    Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Reds pinch off a smelly turd tonight.

Very poor effort from a team in a pennant race with 17 games left.

Bah.
    They look like a team that is merely satisfied with making the playoffs. No urgency in their game at all. Very disappointing. You know you are in trouble when Corky Miller drives in the only run.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    They look like a team that is merely satisfied with making the playoffs. No urgency in their game at all. Very disappointing. You know you are in trouble when Corky Miller drives in the only run.
    Seriously? Why would they go to all that trouble of grinding it out against the Cards and Dodgers, two playoff teams, then consciously decide that "eh, that's enough for me, just be glad to get to the playoffs at this point, think I'll dog it against the Cubs. We can just throw our gloves out there." Things just don't work that way. Perhaps, just maybe, it is beyond their control, because it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense psychologically to be about effort at this point. Does the answer always have to be "if the Reds would just play harder....they just don't seem to care" when they lose a few games, even to a bad team like the Cubs?

Or maybe we'll just all go to the game and start chanting "let's get fired up" clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....and the Reds will win every freaking game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Seriously? Why would they go to all that trouble of grinding it out against the Cards and Dodgers, two playoff teams, then consciously decide that "eh, that's enough for me, just be glad to get to the playoffs at this point, think I'll dog it against the Cubs. We can just throw our gloves out there." Things just don't work that way. Perhaps, just maybe, it is beyond their control, because it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense psychologically to be about effort at this point. Does the answer always have to be "if the Reds would just play harder....they just don't seem to care" when they lose a few games, even to a bad team like the Cubs?

Or maybe we'll just all go to the game and start chanting "let's get fired up" clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....and the Reds will win every freaking game.
    That's the way they look to me. A team that was satisfied with winning the last week and believing they can just throw their glove out there and beat bad teams. The Cubs pitching ain't that good. I think sometimes its just a metter of concentration for these guys.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That's the way they look to me. A team that was satisfied with winning the last week and believing they can just throw their glove out there and beat bad teams. The Cubs pitching ain't that good. I think sometimes its just a metter of concentration for these guys.
    Right, and you know the Reds pitching ain't that bad.

Random. Random. Random. Random.

Keep saying it.

It will help your sanity. It will help explain how bad teams beat good teams, how bad pitchers baffle good hitters, how bad hitters hit a home run off Aroldis Chapman.

It's just a very random game, and attributing it to lack of effort, or concentration, or hangovers, or lack of sex, or too much sex, is just trying to make sense out of randomness.

Random. Random. Random.
    Last edited by traderumor; 09-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?