Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who do I start? 2013-14 Edition

Who do I start? 2013-14 Edition

Might as well get this started with some week 2 matchups. I'm in a Yahoo fantasy league that is not a points per receptions league and have a pair of decisions to make:

Tight End
    Owen Daniels vs. Tennessee
    Jared Cook at Atlanta

I drafted Daniels to serve as my TE1, and he had a solid performance in week 1. Cook ended up on the waiver wire despite his monster week 1 performance and I scooped him up. Pundits suggest that Cook is primed to breakout in the Rams offense. Daniels is what is he is - he's solid during weeks that he scores a TD but he usually doesn't seem to haul in more than 50 or 60 yards receiving each week. Right now I'm leaning toward Cook.

RB/WR Swing Slot
    Lamar Miller at Indianapolis
    Eric Decker at New York Giants
    Mike Williams vs. New Orleans
    T.Y. Hilton vs. Miami

I started Miller in this spot in week 1, and he did nothing. Plus for some reason the Dolphins aren't giving him a full workload yet. Both Decker and Hilton also did nothing in week 1. Mike Williams hauled in a TD with 52 yards receiving. I'm leaning on giving Miller another shot, but I'd also like to hear some opinions (if any).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who do I start? 2013-14 Edition

Wish I'd seen this thread in time. What did you go with?

I'm stuck on accepting a trade.

I give up Jamal Charles

For Ray Rice and Welker.

I am playing PPR.

My RBs are Bush, Lamar Miller and Charles.

WRs are James Jones, Damayrius Thomas and DeAndre Hopkins.

Obviously Rice is day to day and so is Bush. If I took the trade I'd go with

Welker and Thomas at WR. Jones at Flex.

And then ideally Bush and Rice but if one of those two are limited I'd insert Lamar Miller.

I'm going back and forth on this one. He has Eddie Lacy on his bench I almost think I should ask him to toss in Lacy as well just in case he gets healthy down the road.

Also, I'm in a 14 team league so my team is one of the top teams as is.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 09-18-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Re: Who do I start? 2013-14 Edition

Charles is really good but I can't imagine someone is going to give up Rice (top 10 pick), Welker, AND Lacy for him.

I would stay with what you have as having Bush and Rice as your top 2 means you have to hope that they both stay healthy all year and as can be seen that is not going to happen.

5. Likes:

Razor Shines (09-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Charles is really good but I can't imagine someone is going to give up Rice (top 10 pick), Welker, AND Lacy for him.

I would stay with what you have as having Bush and Rice as your top 2 means you have to hope that they both stay healthy all year and as can be seen that is not going to happen.
    I ended up turning it down. Good thing too Charles put up 30pts on Thursday.

I am trying to workout my flex.

Lamar Miller, Hartline or DeAndre Hopkins? It is PPR.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Alright, here's a tough one:

WR1 - Vincent Jackson (Mia)
    WR2 - T.Y. Hilton (StL)
    Flex - Andre Ellington (Hou)

Bench - Torrey Smith (Cin)
    Bench - Cecil Shorts (@Ten)
    Bench - Lance Moore (Dal)
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I would hate to leave Torrey Smith on the bench against the Bengals without Hall and Atkins. Maybe swap Ellington for Smith?
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?