Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/14/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Re: 9/14/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Brandon high-fives himself out after the sac bunt, lol

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Nice of Surfer Joe Cool manager to finally see that. I thought he did when he had Chapman go 2 that one game.

I also want to hear what Walt has been doing since the beginning of the season and some explanation as to why making moves during a season is destroying some team chemistry or are they really that strapped for cash.
    They showed him in the dugout before the game started...he really did look like he fell asleep sitting up. Guess the 12:00 start was just way too early for him.

Ryan Ludwick is a great guy, and I like him a lot as a player. I was in favor of re-signing him this past offseason. But the way the Reds handled the situation after he was injured on Opening Day has been detrimental to this teams World Series chances, IMO. That sort of injury is tough for anyone, but especially a 35 year old. The Reds really couldn't have thought he would come back and be the same guy he was last year. He has a .688 OPS and his bat looks slower.

I'm still surprised they let the Pirates acquire Marlon Byrd.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Wheels don't fall off based on one game in the marathon they call a baseball season.

The randomness of baseball ensures they is little momentum (either positive or negative) during the baseball season.

If you wonder why the Reds (or any other team for that matter) sometimes look unbeatable and sometimes look like that couldn't find their bats with two hands and a map, look simply to the randomness of baseball.

Sometimes you can do all the right things and lose, and sometimes you can do all the wrong things and win.
    This may well be true, but it also means baseball has all the charm and fascination of watching a roulette wheel.

No thanks. I'll take history and narrative and character and glory, you can celebrate randomness.

Fortunately it's a big sport and there's room for both of us.

For those that didn't see it, BP bunted down the first base line to advance Choo, turned around to run back to the dugout, then decided to jog back to first to high-five the fielders glove and record himself out.

Also Votto hit a sac fly, 1-0 Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    They showed him in the dugout before the game started...he really did look like he fell asleep sitting up. Guess the 12:00 start was just way too early for him.
    I take no pleasure in a man's health not being well. Clearly after last year....he is taking it easy. I understand that. Sometimes the rest of the team seems to also be taking it easy.

The Melatonin Gang would be an appropriate nickname for this team, for most of this year.

Great start by the Reds.

Hellweg is awful. Good to see the Reds getting to him early. 2-0 Reds on a Frazier RBI single.

Hate a bunt in the first inning especially when the runner is already in scoring position but just glad to see the Reds get a couple runs.

I love how I live smack dab between Milwaukee and Cincinnati and yet Fox thinks I'd rather watch Yankees/Red Sox.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

12. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Hate a bunt in the first inning especially when the runner is already in scoring position but just glad to see the Reds get a couple runs.
    Scored a run, but who knows what might have happened. They could still be batting around.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Wheels don't fall off based on one game in the marathon they call a baseball season.

The randomness of baseball ensures they is little momentum (either positive or negative) during the baseball season.

If you wonder why the Reds (or any other team for that matter) sometimes look unbeatable and sometimes look like that couldn't find their bats with two hands and a map, look simply to the randomness of baseball.

Sometimes you can do all the right things and lose, and sometimes you can do all the wrong things and win.
    So I guess your position is that the ebb and flow doesn't show us much. All teams have ups and downs. You are what you are and it evens out over the long season.

I don't disagree. It's unusual for the season long trends to be de-railed at the end.

However the season long trend for the Reds is that they have the fifth best record in the NL. So what they are is top third of the NL, as long as they hold on to that spot.

It top third satisfies the fans, that's fine. It doesn't satisfy me, but I'm a tough grader.

15. Likes:

toledodan (09-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    No TV? Fox is showing the Yankees game....
    Big Fox dropped the game. It is on FSN Ohio and FSMW.

If the Reds make the one-game playoff, they need to seriously think about starting Homer Bailey.

He's a strong finisher and is missing bats better than Latos in September.

Of course, assuming the Reds have time to adjust their rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If the Reds make the one-game playoff, they need to seriously think about starting Homer Bailey.

He's a strong finisher and is missing bats better than Latos in September.

Of course, assuming the Reds have time to adjust their rotation.
    Totally agree, but I think it's already set up for Latos. Homer would have to pitch on 3 days rest, or skip a start.

Turn Off Ads?