Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Your Advice Welcome

Your Advice Welcome

Hi all,

Below is my 2-1 team; I lost last week, and had I played anyone other than the person I played (who had Brees and Murray), I'd have won, and I still only lost by six. Still, I have definite areas for improvement in this 12 team non-PPR standard scoring league, and I'm open to your ideas. We start one QB, two RBs, two WRs, one TE and a flex RB/WR.

QB Russell Wilson
    QB Jay Cutler
    (I just dropped Pryor before his week 3 game to make room for a fill in TE)

RB Jamaal Charles
    RB Chris Johnson
    RB Darren Sproles
    RB Joique Bell
    RB Pierre Thomas
    RB Bryce Brown

WR Randall Cobb
    WR Jordy Nelson
    WR Josh Gordon
    WR Michael Floyd
    WR Emmanuel Sanders (picked him up for Kenny Britt)
    (I drafted Stephen Hill, and I'm currently regretting dropping him for a backup QB)

TE Vernon Davis
    TE Zach Miller (I only picked him up once it was clear Davis wasn't going to play in week 3)

K Dan Bailey

I switch defenses most weeks based on matchups.

I look to be pretty set at RB (knock on wood) to the point I have the dilemma of Sproles or Bell each week (once Reggie Bush returns). Assuming Davis comes back healthy (maybe even this Thursday), I see my primary needs as a top tier QB (unless you think the rest of my team is good enough to win with Wilson) and another WR that's better than Michael Floyd (especially since my options stink this week since GB is on bye, and after Gordon, that leaves me with the choice of starting Floyd or Sanders). One of the RBs would seem to be by far best my best trade bait, but again, I'd like your thoughts/advice. Thanks in advance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your Advice Welcome

I ended up trading Joique Bell and Jay Cutler for Cam Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Hi all,

Below is my 2-1 team; I lost last week, and had I played anyone other than the person I played (who had Brees and Murray), I'd have won, and I still only lost by six. Still, I have definite areas for improvement in this 12 team non-PPR standard scoring league, and I'm open to your ideas. We start one QB, two RBs, two WRs, one TE and a flex RB/WR.

QB Russell Wilson
    QB Jay Cutler
    (I just dropped Pryor before his week 3 game to make room for a fill in TE)

RB Jamaal Charles
    RB Chris Johnson
    RB Darren Sproles
    RB Joique Bell
    RB Pierre Thomas
    RB Bryce Brown

WR Randall Cobb
    WR Jordy Nelson
    WR Josh Gordon
    WR Michael Floyd
    WR Emmanuel Sanders (picked him up for Kenny Britt)
    (I drafted Stephen Hill, and I'm currently regretting dropping him for a backup QB)

TE Vernon Davis
    TE Zach Miller (I only picked him up once it was clear Davis wasn't going to play in week 3)

K Dan Bailey

I switch defenses most weeks based on matchups.

I look to be pretty set at RB (knock on wood) to the point I have the dilemma of Sproles or Bell each week (once Reggie Bush returns). Assuming Davis comes back healthy (maybe even this Thursday), I see my primary needs as a top tier QB (unless you think the rest of my team is good enough to win with Wilson) and another WR that's better than Michael Floyd (especially since my options stink this week since GB is on bye, and after Gordon, that leaves me with the choice of starting Floyd or Sanders). One of the RBs would seem to be by far best my best trade bait, but again, I'd like your thoughts/advice. Thanks in advance.
    Ouch, nothing is worse than having the 2nd highest score in the league and losing your game while some teams with much lower scores win their games.

I think your team is pretty solid top to bottom. I am a big fan of streaming defenses as well especially anyone playing Jacksonville. I might think about packaging Nelson and a lesser back for a top wideout since you have Cobb, but that's knitpicking.

Josh Gordon could be a sell high candidate as well or lessen the blow of making a Nelson deal.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Thank you for the advice.

Turn Off Ads?