Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 9/28/13 Reds v. Pirates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 9/28/13 Reds v. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Does this pbp guy know anything about the Reds?
    No.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nice catch.

Bruce cares

Bruce is a good player.

Ground out to short. 7-3 Pirates mid 7th

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Isn't this site all about constructive and reasonably supported disagreement? Alot of the back-and-forth is about difference in term definition. You and I root for different reasons and with different criteria. We clearly define "very good" differently. You seem to think "negative" and "malicious" are synonymous terms. I don't. You maybe also define "constantly" differently, at least in terms of quantifying that. But no matter since surely we both want the same thing: a Reds Championship.

All that aside, of course all viewpoints should be welcome. I don't think I've ever written anything here to the contrary. But, if I have, let me know and I'll gladly apologize for it since it would have been a misunderstanding I may have unintentionally caused.

Bummer of a game today to be sure.
    I think my point is clear, it's certainly not about you or any particular person.

I dislike all the discussion about who is positive, who is negative, or what the correct rooting attitude should be. Period.

The Reds, if they lose today, will have lost four in a row in a late season home stand with home field in a playoff game at issue. There is going to be negativity.

Phillips ex-ray is negative, but he is in pain based on the Fox broadcast.

7. Likes:

texasdave (09-28-2013),toledodan (09-28-2013),WVRedsFan (09-28-2013)

Bruce strikes out looking

Bruce is a good player that struck out looking.

It happens.

1-2-3 inning still 7-3 Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Once again, posters here have no clue of the definition of the sports term "choke". A choke is blowing a big lead. Who the the hell has blown a big lead today?
    I think a "choke" is basically not performing when either much advantaged to succeed OR when the stakes are especially high. So, lots of situations qualifiy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I think my point is clear, it's certainly not about you or any particular person.

I dislike all the discussion about who is positive, who is negative, or what the correct rooting attitude should be. Period.

The Reds, if they lose today, will have lost four in a row in a late season home stand with home field in a playoff game at issue. There is going to be negativity.

Phillips ex-ray is negative, but he is in pain based on the Fox broadcast.
    Thanks and all good. We'll agree to disagree as hashed out fully.

Announcer just quoted BP via someone else's tweet (I think). Evidently the "egg" is now a "baseball" in his leg but, paraphrasing, he'll be playing Tuesday no matter what and, requoting, "it'll be a long day in the training room tomorrow."

dat dude indeed. Like almost all of them, they're going to go to PNC with all guns blazing. I just hope, in BP's case, that someone can make an objective decision whether he's the best bet to play on Tuesday based on his condition. Even if the 2B position goes 0-4 at the plate, want to minimize any Errors in the field.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Teams win the World Series around once every 20 seasons. Even great teams, like the BRM, win twice every ten years.

World Series or bust sentiments most often leads to disappointment.
    Big agree. Exhibit A: The 2013 Washington Nationals, whose skipper actually said that before spring training.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Once again, posters here have no clue of the definition of the sports term "choke". A choke is blowing a big lead. Who the the hell has blown a big lead today?
    Choke can have different meanings depending on the individual. That's why it's best left out of the discussion.

Reds have lost many big games in recent years.

One poster suggested recently that they go for a few veterans with good track records in big games. Not necessarily stars. Just guys who might be likely to step up in these games.

A good thought, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Big agree. Exhibit A: The 2013 Washington Nationals, whose skipper actually said that before spring training.
    How about NLCS or bust?

Is that one fair for a team with very good personnel?

Not being sarcastic at all, I think it's a fair expectation for a team like the Reds.

No?

Well, that wasn't Hoover's best day.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Choke can have different meanings depending on the individual. That's why it's best left out of the discussion.

Reds have lost many big games in recent years.

One poster suggested recently that they go for a few veterans with good track records in big games. Not necessarily stars. Just guys who might be likely to step up in these games.

A good thought, I believe.
    This may be where they miss Scott Rolen the most. I've never been a big fan of playing someone who can't play just out of a vague "veteran presence," but a no-nonsense guy who doesn't get rattled (and can still play) is valuable.

17. Likes:

Kc61 (09-28-2013)

This game is over. I hope Dusty can get into Tuesday-prep mode asap.

- save the pen arms
    - rest most starters, especially BP obviously, tomorrow
    - start Reynolds
    - use Duke in long relief and let whatever cards fall where they may
    - start Billy not just to spell Choo
    - start Billy to also better inform whether he might play Tuesday
    - travel to Pittsburgh tomorrow after the game
    - take Monday off
    - beat the pants of Pittsburgh Tuesday afternoon since I'm guessing that's when that game will be scheduled

Turn Off Ads?