Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 9/28/13 Reds v. Pirates

Re: 9/28/13 Reds v. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by bob jones View Post
    left unsaid was that the reds have lost four in a row at home including two to the mets who just lost two in a row to the brewers
    Well remember the Brewers are really good. They've won 3 straight series against the Reds, and the Reds are a "playoff" team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    We just don't know with this team, and it's frustrating.
    I knew. Said about a month ago that we'd be playing the playin game in Pittsburgh. During one of those miserable Brewers series. All the signs were there. Wish i had been wrong. (I also had the Packers to cover last sunday).

yes precisely in fact Dice K is a cy young candidate

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

At least both of their hammers will be ready to go Tuesday.

A Latos/Cueto combo isn't all bad

Bronson's last start as a Red? Hope not.

Unwritten rules are odd. Trying to steal a base up by six runs is verboten. But hit a home run in the same situation and everything is still copacetic.

Silver lining: A lot of people just had their Sundays freed up for the first time in six months.

9. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-28-2013)

Stars of the game:

3) Joey Votto - three walks and an infield hit.
    2) Jay Bruce - two-run double.
    1) Ryan Ludwick - 17-pitch walks are rare.

11. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-28-2013)

Darkest-before-the-dawn category. Reds still win it all this year. Go make yourself some money.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Silver lining: A lot of people just had their Sundays freed up for the first time in six months.
    Second silver lining: If Selig hadn't added another wild card team, tomorrow our season would be over.

14. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-28-2013)

Prayers sent to anyone who bought tickets to the glorified Spring Training game tomorrow

I predict Red Raindog tries to sneak it at least 36 holes tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Second silver lining: If Selig hadn't added another wild card team, tomorrow our season would be over.
    This Bud's for us!

These last 4 games have been absolutely and utterly pathetic. It's on Dusty in my book. His insane hatred of the phrase "playing with a sense of urgency" is killing this team. They haven't played well under pressure all season (and really the entire Dusty era). Why is he tinkering with the lineup in games 160 and 161?!?! A win on Tuesday would remedy so much, but I just don't have any confidence whatsoever. Why should I?

Glad I held off on buying a ticket to Sunday's game. I definitely would have gotten a SRO ticket if the Reds had won today. Not so much anymore. No way in hell I'm going to spend $10 to see a glorified spring training game tomorrow.

I may be overreacting. This is a 90 win team after all and they're going to the postseason. But whatever. I'm angry and ranting feels good.

19. Likes:

joshua (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It means I do not have to go to the trouble of setting up two televisions tomorrow. I had planned on having two TVs set up side-by-side with the Reds on one and the Bengals on the other. Picuture-in-picture was not going to suffice.

100% attention on football tomorrow is probably a very good thing for my sports mentality.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?