Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 9/29/13 Reds vs. Pirates (This is the end...of the regular season)

Senor Votto

Re: 9/29/13 Reds vs. Pirates (This is the end...of the regular season)

It's hard to beat a good team four times in a row.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I hope the Reds are a good team
    Is it "next season" yet?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I hope the Reds are a good team
    90 wins in baseball's toughest division would suggest they are

The final week+ of the season may suggest otherwise. Got to come out Tuesday like a 90 win team, not like a team playing out the end of a season.
    Is it "next season" yet?

With Cueto pitching, I do have some hope. It will depend if we can score some runs. You can bet on Johnny allowing 2 or 3, so we need four at least. If we can do that, we will go on, but how far will the Reds go? It will depend on the bats IMHO.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    With Cueto pitching, I do have some hope. It will depend if we can score some runs. You can bet on Johnny allowing 2 or 3, so we need four at least. If we can do that, we will go on, but how far will the Reds go? It will depend on the bats IMHO.
    I still have no faith in this team in a best of series. We still give away too many outs, our manager has a lot to prove after that debacle of the last postseason, and we've been playing like hot trash the last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    If Cueto just does not have it, is Homer the first in?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Who knows? I have this recurring dreams about Zach Duke and Manny Para. And Logan Ondrusek. If it comes to that, it's time to look forward to 2014. I'm serious. Johnny has to pitch no-run ball and hope the offense grits out a couple of runs.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    With Dusty managing? Just means wait for the wheels to finish falling off THEN warm up someone (see Latos in game 5 last year).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

11. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I still have no faith in this team in a best of series. We still give away too many outs, our manager has a lot to prove after that debacle of the last postseason, and we've been playing like hot trash the last week.
    Slyder, it not just Dusty. Seriously. This is a poorly constructed club, Votto, Phillips, Choo, Bruce, and Ludwick are fine. Trouble is, you cannot count on Cozart, Frazier, Hannigan (or his backup Meseraco) in the starting lineup. The bench is totally horrible. Who can live with a bench of Heisey, Isturis, Hannahan (with a shiny two year contract), Paul, and whoever else is out there? If I'm manager and faced with a tough lefty, I have to play Choo, Bruce, Votto, etc. I have no choice. If my hammers, Latos, Cueto, and Bailey, give up runs, and my soft tossers, Arroyo and Leake, do what they do occasionally, I burn up my bullpen.

I watched the ERA's of the Pirate pitchers over the last few weeks and most have ERA's below 3.00. If they score runs off their starter, it's a tough job. I know Dusty has his faults and lots of problems, but who could handle a team like that? I can't name anyone who could do better. Maybe the big contracts to Brandon and Joey (and some of the stupid ones to Ondrusek and Hannahan) have handcuffed the FO, but an anemic offense, even though they scored a lot of runs (in bunches--11 runs on Sunday and only 11 the rest of the week) has to make for a difficult job.

I remember Dave Miley, Bob Boone, and even Jerry Narron, and though I'm not so sure Dusty is the best manager in MLB, I shudder at the thought of what we might get.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Thanks Big Klu for this each season!
    I concur ! If Bruce get his normal 30+ HRs next season he will be in the top 10. If Votto can find his power stroke again he will make the top 10 too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

They call me "chef"

Tomorrow, the Reds offense comes to life after a week of hibernating/powering up.

GO REDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I can't rest easy with this after seeing the Tigers Sweep the Yanks in the ALCS, just to get swept in the World Series.

Oh and then the littany of other collossal post season sweep examples (2004 Red Sox vs Cards probably my favorite example).

Reds just need to bring their fight to Pittsburgh and not give up the early lead.

Turn Off Ads?