Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reds Radio Hot Stove League

Re: Reds Radio Hot Stove League

Bill "Seg" Denison got the interview with Griffey. -I wonder if it's because he didn't want to talk to Marty?-

Griffey says to be a part of the same Hall as his dad is excited.

Asked how many HOF he is a part of, and says he doesn't know.

Says he is still the lone man on the totem poll in his own house.

Short interview, they didn't get into whether he would be there or not. Said he was excited about being a part of it with his dad several times.

That concluded the show.

2. Turn Off Ads?

iHeart Radio has all the Reds Hot Stove League podcasts so far. Nice listen.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Last nights episode included nice interviews with the Reds replay person (the person who tells the dugout if a play on the field needs reviewed) and Corky Miller.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/video/live-reds-hot-stove-4200

Episode was 35 minutes.

Here are all the off-season episodes.
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/hot-stove-league
    Last edited by goreds2; 02-17-2022 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Add link

5. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-18-2022),Chip R (02-18-2022)

I did not have a chance to listen but read these details about tonight’s show. Episode not yet uploaded on the link I provided in previous post.

“ George Foster and Nick Lodolo join Tommy Thrall and Jim Day tonight on the Reds Hot Stove League radio show! Listen live from 6-7 p.m. ET on 700 WLW, your local Reds Radio Network affiliate or http://reds.com/hotstove. “
    Last edited by goreds2; 02-23-2022 at 07:34 PM.

I can't really do podcasts, but I'd like to ask for anyone who could listen ... Did anything stand out? Any interesting tidbits or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I can't really do podcasts, but I'd like to ask for anyone who could listen ... Did anything stand out? Any interesting tidbits or anything?
    As soon as the replay becomes available, I will give a listen and report back here.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I ended up listening via iHeart Radio.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/reds-...tove-93316269/

First part of show, Thrall and Day seems optimistic the lockout will be resolved by Monday. Stressed that they have no inside information.

Nick Lodolo interview was good. Said a baseball is all that he throws left handed. He can throw a football 50 yards righthanded and plays dodgeball right handed. Has no intentions of ever throwing a baseball right handed.

Interview with George Foster:

Talked about working with kids and wants to get more black youths into baseball.

Spoke of his 77 MVP season.

Asked how many home runs he would hit playing a season in Great American Ballpark. George said he would have 50 by all star break.

Talked about how low batting averages are acceptable now a days.

He said they were not the Big Red Machine. They were the Big Bad Big Red Machine.

I may have missed some other comments but was working on some things as this episode was on.

10. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-25-2022),cumberlandreds (02-25-2022),Rick Palmer (03-02-2022)

Episode was last night. I listened to replay today via iHeart Radio.

Jim Day and Tommy Thrall hosted.

The beginning of the show of course talked about the lockout and the elimination of the first two series. As it looks now, the Reds would open in Atlanta and Opening Day in Cincinnati would be April 12th.

Interview with Graham Ashcraft:

Jim Day thinks Graham can make the team.

Graham said he needs to perfect pitches better. They talked about his over average Cut Fastball and that the slider compliments that. Says his fastball recently clocked at 96-97 MPH. Said he is willing to transition to reliever if needed. Sounded like he preferred to be a starter. No talk about the lockout.

Interview with Eric Davis:

Talked about youth baseball and softball. Said that 14 years ago when he started working for the Reds had some difficulty communicating with the minor league players but learned to adapt quickly. No talk about the lockout.

Tommy talked about the Reds Hall of Fame now featuring Latin Players who was with the Reds.

Towards the end of broadcast, Jim and Tommy talked about trying to be optimistic about lockout.

That is all I got. I may have missed some comments via doing some work stuff.
    Last edited by goreds2; 03-02-2022 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-02-2022),cumberlandreds (03-03-2022),Rick Palmer (03-02-2022),Roy Tucker (03-02-2022)

Tonight’s episode that was on earlier is now downloaded on MLB.com.

14. Likes:

camisadelgolf (03-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Tonight’s episode that was on earlier is now downloaded on MLB.com.

I listened to this 3/9/22 episode about 2 hours ago.

As usual, Jim Day and Tommy Thrall hosted.

At the beginning they were talking about the lockout again. Jim spoke of the Reds non MLB players scrimmaging the Guardians.

Jim interviewed Jay Allen. Spoke of Jay being a 5 tool player and how he was a 3 sport athlete in High School. Jay loves the teachings of Eric Davis because he was a five tool player. Said all the players there feed off each other and learn from their mistakes etc. Jay did not speak about the lockout.

Midway through the broadcast Thrall announced the lockout has not been resolved.

Hal Morris interview by Jim Day: Hal spoke of being a Tennis player in High School and how his 9 year old daughter also plays. Said that Paul O'Neil is (was?) a great tennis player and how he is a great athlete in any sport. Hal said that he, Chris Sabo and Oliver have a group text thread. Said that his favorite manager to play for was Lou Piniella. Hal talked of how Lou had the talk with them all in spring training of 1990 to say they had a good team and were going to win. He did not speak of the lockout.

After Hal Morris interview was over Jim and Tommy spoke briefly of the lockout not being resolved and are just hoping for the best.

That is all I can think of that was said. As usual, I was doing some work stuff while listening so I may have missed some comments.
    Last edited by goreds2; 03-10-2022 at 11:54 AM.

16. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-10-2022),Roy Tucker (03-17-2022)

The Hot Stove League episode from last night is now downloaded. Should be an interesting listen via the trades etc.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    The Hot Stove League episode from last night is now downloaded. Should be an interesting listen via the trades etc.

I listened to this episode yesterday while putting together a Traeger Grill so I may have missed some things.

The beginning of the episode Tommy and Jim spoke of the recent "trades".

Interview with Lucas Sims: I cannot recall any player being so appreciative of wearing a MLB uniform. A breath of fresh air. He spoke of the possibility of being the closer this year.

Interview with Tyler Stephenson: Jim Day spoke of how Tyler is one of the nicest person he has ever known. Tyler spoke with optimism of the new players obtained saying that the team has to remain positive and fill in the gaps that were lost this week. He talked about his playing time in Florida (college) and how extremely hot it would be there playing college games but would not trade the experience. He also spoke of him and Tucker B. still being friends. Tucker told Tyler to call anytime with any question.

End of episode: Thrall and Day spoke as positive as they could for the upcoming season. That is all I got. If my math is correct, only 3 more of these episodes remaining.
    Last edited by goreds2; 03-18-2022 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Misc.

Reds On Radio
    @RedsRadioBooth
    ·
    4h
    Reds top prospect
    @HunterGreene17
    joins Tommy Thrall & Jeff Brantley tonight for the Reds Hot Stove League radio show from Goodyear, AZ.��⚾️

Listen live at 8pm ET on
    @700wlw
    , the Reds Radio Network or http://reds.com/hotstove.
    Or tune into https://700wlw.iheart.com/

The Hot Stove League airs weekly on Tuesday or Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. ET.

NOTE: Broadcasts from February 28 to March 21, 2023 are scheduled to come from Reds Spring Training in Goodyear, Arizona.

*Schedule subject to change.

21. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (10-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Chip used to.

And it was always one of the best things in the history of ever. I miss the recaps.
    Can we start a patreon for Chip to bring this back?

23. Likes:

Chip R (11-09-2022),goreds2 (10-29-2022),Ron Madden (10-28-2022)

Turn Off Ads?