Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Updates On Threads

Updates On Threads

Other similar sites I often visit updates their thread titles from time to time. They don't change them but if something significant happens that's not quite enough to warrant a new thread, the title will be updated. This could've prevented five different Phillips threads and could also attract readers back to threads that they at one time grew tired of but because of a recent development may have interest in again. For example, if there's a new credible rumor involving a Brandon Phillips trade that thread title could be updated to "Brandon Phillips trade rumors(update:Yankees/Reds talking again, pg 30)". I feel like I've seen this done once or twice in the past and I imagine that mods have the ability to do this but it would be nice to see it done more often. Thanks!

2. Likes:

Joseph (12-15-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Updates On Threads

Hockey board I frequent does this too.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Seems like a good idea.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

If you are asking, I wouldn't mind my threads (not that I start all that many) merged into one big mega thread if the situation demands so (the BP threads are a great example).

But I don't like the thought of a thread title being edited without my consent.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If you are asking, I wouldn't mind my threads (not that I start all that many) merged into one big mega thread if the situation demands so (the BP threads are a great example).

But I don't like the thought of a thread title being edited without my consent.
    The thing about the BP thread is that it's turned into a thread of opinions which is fine but I personally have grown sick of all the opinions. As stated the thread should provide news and updates as well and I'm sure it will if there's something to report. One thing Redszone is definitely good for is getting Reds news first but because of what that thread has become I don't click on it anymore. If there's anything substantial that happens I will have to find out about it elsewhere or not at all. I know, that's my problem and I'm really not complaining. I just wanted to make a suggestion that I feel a lot of people might like.

I am curious as to why someone would have a problem with their thread title having a update. I'm sure KD has his reasons but I can't seem to think of what it could be.

I can tell you that, as a moderator, I will change thread titles if something major happens- e.g. "Shin-Soo Choo rumored to be coming to Cincinnati" -> "Shin-Soo Choo traded to Reds for Stubbs and Gregorius." However, in opinion-centric threads such as trade proposals generated by forum members, discussions of news articles, or threads about players, I will generally leave the title as it was originally written unless the title is unclear or too short to make sense. I find that this makes it easier to search for threads, at least for me.

Just my .02!
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Turn Off Ads?