Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2014 -- Season 6

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2014 -- Season 6

My starting pitching has been decimated. Even though I knew i was going to be without Matt Harvey all year, I was expecting a top 5 pitching staff...

ugh.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    My starting pitching has been decimated. Even though I knew i was going to be without Matt Harvey all year, I was expecting a top 5 pitching staff...

ugh.
    It is darn near impossible to win a fantasy league with as many injuries as you have had so far. Long term injuries to some really good pitchers.

brutal is what it is.. they are dropping like flies. I MIGHT get Sale back next month.

maybe. I never expected to be in last place.

It is a rough start for sure, but it is a long season. The standings will look a lot different in October.

AD, I just want to say that although my attention wanes here and there, and at times I've been disappointed by the outlook of my team, this league has become crazy fun to play because of the length of it. I really think its interesting the way it mimics real life and appreciate all the hard work you put into it!

7. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (08-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    AD, I just want to say that although my attention wanes here and there, and at times I've been disappointed by the outlook of my team, this league has become crazy fun to play because of the length of it. I really think its interesting the way it mimics real life and appreciate all the hard work you put into it!
    Thanks Mr. Clogger. I do put a lot of time and effort into organizing the league during the Spring, but once Opening Day rolls around I am just one of the team owners like everyone else. I would like to thank all of you guys not only for being a fun group to play with, but also for sticking around for so long and paying attention and working on your teams through thick and thin, good times and bad, through injuries, suspensions, good teams and rebuilding teams. The league has been a ton of fun over the years and I hope it keeps going for a long time. The dynasty aspect of the league that allows us to plan far into the future is what separates our league from the millions of ordinary re-draft leagues. I think it adds a lot of depth and intrigue to the league and makes it much more challenging and fun. It is very satisfying when a long term plan finally comes to fruition. An owner that can rebuild a team in this league and win a championship must be really talented. A championship in this league, especially after facing adversity, is one Hell of an accomplishment. I hope everyone in the league gets to experience it. Now I must go improve my team...

good god. even players I trade for go on the DL. Now Wil Myers.

cursed i say.

BTW, I'm in 12th place. I'm not looking to actually win this year, so I really don't want to trade for guys in their mid 30's. I like my rotation, am rebuilding my pen. I have 3 pitchers out for this year that are #1 guys. I'm willing to trade any 1 of them but I'll need a HAUL. I mean top flight OF help.

You want Matt Harvey. then bring me a boatload of talent in return.

In the last 4 days I have traded two top 10 prospects, two top 20 prospects, two top 50 prospects & Cashner for Bautista, V Mart, Pence, Zobrist, Josh Harrison & Santiago Casilla. My team got really old but it will be worth it if the old timers can get me a championship. I can thank Nick who convinced me to go for it. He said something like "this trade will win you the championship". So I said "OK. lets do it!". I'm usually like the Don Johnson character from Tin Cup, not the Kevin Costner character. But as we know Kevin went for it & won the US Open! wait. what? he went for it & still came in 2nd! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to Dan & Steven down the stretch. I hope no one has any major injuries.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-10-2014),AtomicDumpling (08-03-2014),Gallen5862 (08-02-2014)

Looks like it could be a 3-way battle to the end of the season. Should be fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Looks like it could be a 3-way battle to the end of the season. Should be fun to watch!
    Yeah, I think Will is going to make it tough for me to repeat. Stinker. lol

I am loving the flurry of trading action in recent days. There have been some major deals with lots of star players and stud prospects changing hands.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I am loving the flurry of trading action in recent days. There have been some major deals with lots of star players and stud prospects changing hands.
    Yeah and probably half the trades in the last week or two were yours. lol

Yes sir they were, and I am hoping to make more trades so send me some offers!

Stat geek...and proud

Someone sent me a trade offer the other day... and I accepted it, and got the "this player is no longer on that team's roster" message. I was like, dudes, wait for me!

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Someone sent me a trade offer the other day... and I accepted it, and got the "this player is no longer on that team's roster" message. I was like, dudes, wait for me!
    Haha. You'd better be quick if you want in on the action!

Turn Off Ads?