Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Nice start to the draft gentlemen. I anticipated those first two picks to be reversed but I like this better!

Make sure to:

1. Post your pick on the message board on the Yahoo league homepage.
    2. Add your players to your team after you post your pick.
    Do we need to drop a player even if the player we add is Not Active like Buxton?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Well............that changed my pick.

1.2 Masahiro Tanaka (SP, Yankees)
    Yeah, Buxton came to mind this morning and the more I read, the more I felt like I would regret not taking him. Would have loved to have both of them though.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Do we need to drop a player even if the player we add is Not Active like Buxton?
    From the Draft Rules:

10. If your normal roster is full and you wish to draft an NA-eligible player to fill an available NA slot you must drop a player from your normal roster, draft and add the NA player and put him on your NA roster, then state in your draft pick post that you need the Commissioner to add the dropped player back to your regular roster.

I added Marcum back to your roster. You can put him on the NA list as well if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    From the Draft Rules:

10. If your normal roster is full and you wish to draft an NA-eligible player to fill an available NA slot you must drop a player from your normal roster, draft and add the NA player and put him on your NA roster, then state in your draft pick post that you need the Commissioner to add the dropped player back to your regular roster.

I added Marcum back to your roster. You can put him on the NA list as well if you want.
    So sorry, AD. You are a very patient commissioner. I actually don't want Marcum anyway, but I'll keep him for now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    So sorry, AD. You are a very patient commissioner. I actually don't want Marcum anyway, but I'll keep him for now.
    No worries RedEye. Our draft works in an unusual manner, so a little confusion for the newcomers is to be expected.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

This ten hour wait time is killing me! I love having the opportunity to overanalyze each of my picks, but I am quickly finding out that I am not a very patient man!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    This ten hour wait time is killing me! I love having the opportunity to overanalyze each of my picks, but I am quickly finding out that I am not a very patient man!
    Haha! I know the feeling. It is torture waiting for your turn, but it is nice to not feel rushed when it finally is your turn.

The main reason for the 10 hour time limit is to give people a fair chance to make their pick without being skipped while they are asleep, at work, or away from their computer living life. Now that almost everyone has a smart phone maybe we should consider reducing the timer to 8 hours or maybe less next year. What do you guys think about that?

Every year in this league we have a few draft picks that get skipped, but several owners have never been skipped! Sometimes things can happen that cause an owner to be unable to make his pick for awhile and that is perfectly understandable, but by and large most owners have been very courteous about making their picks in a timely manner over the years.

In my leagues I have noticed a strong correlation between draft skips and final finish in the standings -- the teams that get skipped the most tend to finish at the bottom of the standings. If you aren't excited enough about the draft to make your picks on time you probably aren't going to pay enough attention during the season to win either.

I am currently in an "industry expert league" that is in the middle of a 40-round draft with 20 teams and a 4 hour timer. We are currently in the 25th round (over 500 picks so far) and not one single pick has been skipped. Amazing.

I'm working on a trade right now. I know my pick, so if the trade doesn't pan out I'll make it before the window is up.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I would be willing to shorten the window. And I am okay with the current window, but I am just very excited to make the pick. I like having an easy way (RedsZone PM) to communicate with a number of responsive owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'm working on a trade right now. I know my pick, so if the trade doesn't pan out I'll make it before the window is up.
    Draft Rule #12 states that you cannot trade the draft pick that is "on the clock".

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I thought we weren't allowed to do a trade while we were on the clock? Isn't that in the rules?

EDIT: Oh yeah, AD beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I would be willing to shorten the window. And I am okay with the current window, but I am just very excited to make the pick. I like having an easy way (RedsZone PM) to communicate with a number of responsive owners.
    Yes, so far the owners in this league are WAY more responsive than the owners in my H2H league. I could actually make some trades here. Hot diggity dog!

Okay, this is a very long draft process. Happy to be aboard, but...

Went with Jonathan Gray at 1.11. This draft is prospect rich compared to the past several.

2.1 Noah Syndergaard aka "Thor" (Mets, SP)

Turn Off Ads?