Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Happy to play, just let me know the details fellas

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hey guys, BlackPete Ibold will be taking over HayPay's team. Welcome to the league sir!

You should probably read through this thread to get a feel for how it works. Also review the league setting on the Yahoo site to make sure you are familiar with the rules. Please feel free to ask questions at any time.

Just sent HayPay a message letting them know they were up in draft. Guess just let Pete know it is his turn, and welcome to the league.

Cool, let me get signed in after thd Reds game.

Will get a pick made sometime tonight if that works for all (sorry if I am causing undue delay!)

Nm, all good

Pick was made...

Not sure of who is who but if someone could inform the next guy that would be great

To see the draft order and all the picks that have been made so far, go to the Yahoo league website and scroll down to Commish Updates, then click Notes.

It looks like we have an opening in this league. Joseph has decided to give up his team because he no longer has the free time to manage it like he used to. I hate to see him go but I understand that real life can get in the way of a game.

If anyone would like to take over the team please send me a PM.

Still looking for one new owner to replace Joseph.

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-13-2016)

Just throwing it out there but I'd be very interested in any of the Dynasty leagues on here if you're looking for a new manager.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Just throwing it out there but I'd be very interested in any of the Dynasty leagues on here if you're looking for a new manager.
    did atomic ever get up with you?

if not send him a private message and remind him.... should be good to go on replacing Joe

14. Likes:

MetfanBren (10-27-2016)

It looks like I'll be taking over the last place team. For the last 8 years I've played at a small site that offered daily head to head for 162 games. Best game on the planet but they re-wrote the software creating all sorts of bugs, holes, and gui issues in addition to being on weak financial footing ($80 to play with only a trophy to the winner). So I'm up for a new challenge which I suppose taking over a last place team is.

I've read through this thread and I have some questions.

1. The roster limits appear to be 30 active + 4 DL + 2 NA. What is NA? I see a statement in post #140 of this thread "Each team may keep up to 30 major leaguers and 5 NA players." Does that mean the NA players are minor leaguers and how does the 35 square with the 32 in the first sentence?

2. What is the definition of a minor leaguer ... the roster he was on at the end of last season, MLB at bats or innings pitched, something else? Maybe once I understand this I'll probably have a question how players move from NA to the active roster.

3. I’m trying to figure out how the roster size is impacted by 8 draftees. I assume players have to be dropped after picks to keep the roster at the maximum size and depending on what an NA is will give rise to another question.

4. The draft clock is a maximum of 8 hours. If someone makes a pick at 11 PM, does that mean 7 AM is the deadline or is there an overnight extension period? Or does the next person in line make his pick when the sleepy guy doesn't get up on time and sleepy makes his pick when he arrives?

That's it for now but I'm sure there will be more. Thanks.
    Last edited by Simon Rhymon; 01-17-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rhymon View Post
    It looks like I'll be taking over the last place team. For the last 8 years I've played at a small site that offered daily head to head for 162 games. Best game on the planet but they re-wrote the software creating all sorts of bugs, holes, and gui issues in addition to being on weak financial footing ($80 to play with only a trophy to the winner). So I'm up for a new challenge which I suppose taking over a last place team is.

I've read through this thread and I have some questions.

1. The roster limits appear to be 30 active + 4 DL + 2 NA. What is NA? I see a statement in post #140 of this thread "Each team may keep up to 30 major leaguers and 5 NA players." Does that mean the NA players are minor leaguers and how does the 35 square with the 32 in the first sentence?

2. What is the definition of a minor leaguer ... the roster he was on at the end of last season, MLB at bats or innings pitched, something else? Maybe once I understand this I'll probably have a question how players move from NA to the active roster.

3. I’m trying to figure out how the roster size is impacted by 8 draftees. I assume players have to be dropped after picks to keep the roster at the maximum size and depending on what an NA is will give rise to another question.

4. The draft clock is a maximum of 8 hours. If someone makes a pick at 11 PM, does that mean 7 AM is the deadline or is there an overnight extension period? Or does the next person in line make his pick when the sleepy guy doesn't get up on time and sleepy makes his pick when he arrives?

That's it for now but I'm sure there will be more. Thanks.
    1. There are 30 regular roster slots, 4 DL slots (in-season only, can't hold as keepers) and 5 NA slots. Only players marked as "NA" by Yahoo can be placed in NA roster slots. Minor leaguers, suspended players (PEDs or disciplinary) and players who are free agents in real life are marked NA by Yahoo. In the offseason, many minor leaguers who are on their real teams' 40 man roster are not marked as NA until they are officially demoted by their real team. So during the season each team may control up to 39 players but only 30 regular players and 5 NAs may be kept over the winter.

2. The definition of a minor leaguer for our purposes is any player in the minor leagues -- no matter how much major league experience he has. Any player marked as NA by Yahoo can be placed on our NA roster. Most NA players are minor leaguers. Once a player is on a major league roster he immediately loses NA eligibility. If he gets gets sent back down he regains NA eligibility. If a player on your NA roster loses his NA eligibility your team will not be able to make any trades or free agent pickups until you take him off your NA roster -- either by promoting him to your 30-man roster or releasing him.

3. The draft lasts 8 rounds but most teams won't draft that many players. It is a straight (non-snake) draft in reverse order of prior year's standings. A team may not exceed the roster limit, so if you are at the limit you will have to drop someone if you wish to make a pick. Any player dropped during the draft is immediately eligible to be drafted. Only players in Yahoo's player pool can be drafted. Not all minor leaguers are in the pool and it doesn't always make sense which ones are or aren't.

Turn Off Ads?