Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

4. The draft timer is 8 hours and is never paused. If the timer elapses the next team may pick, and the team who got skipped may make his pick whenever he gets back online. Passed picks may be used at any time. Complete draft rules are posted a couple times earlier in this thread and will be posted again before this year's draft. It is a courtesy to text/email the next team owner after you make your pick.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks AD. The last time I played on Yahoo was more than 10 years ago and I don't remember if they had minor leaguers in the data base at that time, hence my lack of knowledge of NA. It's hard to remember what you don't remember or something to that effect.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

There are 32 players on my roster excluding Jose Fernandez. If I make an unbalanced trade or players get sent to the minors before the draft leaving me with less than 30, can I assume that is legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rhymon View Post
    There are 32 players on my roster excluding Jose Fernandez. If I make an unbalanced trade or players get sent to the minors before the draft leaving me with less than 30, can I assume that is legal?
    When Yahoo opens for business in a week or two I will rebuild all our rosters. At that time, if you have more than 30 regular players and/or 5 NA players I will ask you which ones you want to cut to get your squad down to the limit.

After that we can make trades and plan our rosters until the draft starts approximately March 10th. Most teams will need to cut a couple more players at that time depending on how many draft picks they make.

So you may have a couple minor leaguers who do not currently have NA status on Yahoo. Those players will need to be kept on the 30 man roster.

OK, thanks.

Yahoo opens Thursday 1/26 if anyone was wondering.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

I fixed the issue that caused our NA players to not appear on our rosters. Keepers are due on Friday night. Go to your team page and hit Select Keepers. Select 30 players. Do not keep your NA players -- I will add them back to your team after the keeper deadline.

Some players that were NA last year, and will likely be in the minors to begin the year, are not listed as NA on my team.....Moncada, Bell, Cecchini(sp)... I used some of my 30 spots on them. I have no problem with that. Will only have 4 NA to be re-added....O'neil, Devers, Crawford, and Martes.

I processed the keeper selections. I added your NA players back to your teams. You can now set your lineups and make trades.

Everyone please check your rosters to make sure everything is correct.

I will allow all teams to make substitutions on their keepers for one week. If you want to make changes to your keepers (for any reason) you may do so until 10:00am on Saturday, February 18th. After that time all keepers will be final. This means for example that if one of your players gains NA status you may move him to your NA roster and replace him on your regular roster with one of the players you cut. Notify me if you wish to make a change.

Other topics:

-- Do not add any players prior to the draft.

-- I still need to adjust the Waiver Priority on the site.

-- I still need to determine the Draft Order to account for any draft picks that were traded last year. The updated draft order will be in the Commish Notes section whenever I get it done.

-- The draft will start approximately March 17th.

-- You can trade draft picks but keep in mind the draft picks in the online trading function as of now are 2018 picks. If you include a pick in a trade using the Yahoo system it will be a 2018 draft pick. You can still trade 2017 picks but those will have to be communicated via the Notes section and make sure you notify me so I can manually adjust this year's draft order.

Simon Rhymon has decided he will not have time to take over Joseph's team after all. That means we have one slot available in this league for a new owner. Preference will be given to established members of Redszone who are not in the other league (Redszone Dynasty League). Anyone interested please send me a PM.

Let's start the draft next Monday, March 20th at 5:00pm.

I will post the draft order and draft rules on Yahoo and here in our league thread on Redszone.

We still need a new team owner in this league. Now making the team available to any Redszone member who would like to play.

This is a dynasty league -- meaning you keep all of your players from one year to the next. It is a 12-team, 35-man roster, 5x5 roto league on Yahoo.

PM me if you are interested in taking over the team. Preference given to those who are not in the other dynasty league.

DRAFT RULES:

1. The draft will be a straight draft consisting of 8 rounds. All rounds have the same draft order.

2. The draft order will be the reverse of the prior year's standings, adjusted for any traded picks. Draft order is posted in the Commish Notes section of the Yahoo league homepage and in our Redszone thread.

3. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: "Round.pick Player Name" (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce). Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.

4. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers.

5. You have 8 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 8 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your skipped pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website. **NO PICKS MAY BE SKIPPED IN THE FIRST ROUND IN 2017** -- because of the late draft notification.

6. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 8 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 8 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.

7. If an owner has consecutive draft picks he only gets one 8-hour timer before both of his picks can be skipped.

8. After you make your pick send an email to the next team owner to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next owner and send him a message.

9. If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.

10. If your normal roster is full and you wish to draft an NA-eligible player to fill an available NA slot you must drop a player from your normal roster, draft and add the NA player and put him on your NA roster, then state in your draft pick post that you need the Commissioner to add the dropped player back to your regular roster.

11. If you post your pick as a "Pass" you do not lose the pick. You may use that pick later at any time.

12. If your draft turn arises when you already have an unused Skipped or Passed pick from a previous round your turn will automatically be Passed to keep the draft moving. Any Skipped or Passed picks can be used at any time.

13. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays with owners dragging their feet on their pick in hopes of receiving a trade offer.

14. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.

15. When all draft rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.

If you would like to receive a text message when it is your turn to draft, send me a PM with your cell phone number.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    We can trade draft picks for the upcoming 2017 draft*, but we can't use the Yahoo trading system for doing so. If you would like to include an exchange of 2017 draft picks in a trade please do so using the Comments area of the trade proposal and notify me when the trade is complete so I can change the 2017 draft order. Any traded draft pick using the checkmark system in the trade proposal application will be considered a trade of 2018 draft picks. The checkmark system in the trade application shows that every team has a pick in every round, but due to traded picks that is certainly not the case for the 2018 draft. So if you forget and include 2017 draft picks in your trade proposals you are likely to end up trading picks that don't exist. Please consult the official 2017 draft order posted here and in the Commissioner's Note for use in all trades.

* The reason for this is because I had to tell our Yahoo league website that we already had our draft. If I didn't set it up this way we would not be able to see our rosters, make trades, or see the draftable players in the Free Agent list until after the draft is over in late March. Since we have a dynasty league it just works better this way. The website is set up to work primarily for standard re-draft leagues with live drafts. It takes some gerrymandering of the Commissioner Tools to make it work properly for a dynasty league.

Draft Order

There were no draft pick trades last year, so the order will be the same in all rounds.

NO SKIPS IN THE FIRST ROUND, TIMER STARTS IN SECOND ROUND

The rolling draft order in the Commish Notes section will be updated after each pick is made. Go there to see who is on the clock.

Round.pick Team
    1.1 Simon Rhymon
    1.2 Captain Hook
    1.3 Tuff Nut
    1.4 Trajinous
    1.5 Black Pete
    1.6 reds1869
    1.7 IndianaRed
    1.8 Tornon
    1.9 Edd Roush
    1.10 Crosley68
    1.11 Atomic Dumpling
    1.12 mbgrayson

Just a reminder that the draft starts tomorrow -- Monday, March 20th at 5:00pm.

Turn Off Ads?