Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

I'm interested in taking over a team. I've never done a league like this, so I'll be learning on the job.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Looks like Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is up and running now. When do we want to get started for this year? I am excited to defend my crown.

I hope to bring the magic of my other league here this year. I narrowly missed out on a three-peat, losing in the playoff final. I wish I was as good at roto as I am head to head!

Hey guys. Welcome to another season of the League of Reds Nation. This will be our 10th year!

Congrats to Edd Roush for winning the championship last season. He won the crown by scoring 104 points. It was his first championship. Atomic Dumpling took second place with 95 points and newcomer Powel Crosley took third place with 83 points in his first season in the league.

Here is the list of champions:

2018 Edd Roush
    2017 Atomic Dumpling
    2016 mbgrayson
    2015 mbgrayson
    2014 Atomic Dumpling
    2013 mbgrayson
    2012 Plus Plus
    2011 IowaRed
    2010 Atomic Dumpling

Who will win this year?

Be sure to subscribe to this thread to make sure you don't miss any important news. To subscribe you click on "Thread Tools", then "Subscribe to this Thread", then select "Instant Notification via Email".

The baseball season starts early this year so we are going to ramp things up a bit early in our league as well. There is a two-game series between the Mariners and Athletics in Tokyo, Japan on March 20-21. The regular season will then resume in earnest on March 28th.

• The keeper deadline will be February 20th. All team owners need to go to their Yahoo team page to select their keepers by that date. If you don't set your keepers by the deadline I will select them for you using my best judgement and give you a couple days to appeal my decisions. You have to get your roster down to 30 major leaguers plus 5 NA players. You can select only 30 keepers using the checkmarks on the keeper page. Do not select your NA players because I will add your NA players back to your roster after the deadline.
    • We will start the slow draft on March 16th. I will post the draft rules below.
    • The draft order has been determined. It will be the same for every round because there were no draft picks traded last year.
    • All teams are free to make trades now but any trades made before the keeper deadline will have to be negotiated via email and then both sides must notify me of the trade to make it official. After the keeper deadline we can use the Yahoo system to make trades.

Keeper Deadline: Wednesday, February 20th at 11:59pm eastern time.
    Slow Draft Begins: Saturday, March 16th at 9:00am eastern time.

Draft order:
    1.1 Captain Hook
    1.2 RedTeamGo!
    1.3 Griffey012
    1.4 mbgrayson
    1.5 Tuff Nut
    1.6 reds1869
    1.7 Crosley68
    1.8 Black Pete
    1.9 Tornon
    1.10 Powel Crosley
    1.11 Atomic Dumpling
    1.12 Edd Roush

DRAFT RULES:

1. The draft will be a straight draft consisting of 8 rounds. All rounds have the same draft order.

2. The draft order will be the reverse of the prior year's standings, adjusted for any traded picks. Draft order is posted in the Commish Notes section of the Yahoo league homepage and in our Redszone thread.

3. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: "Round.pick Player Name" (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce). Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.

4. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the dropped player without waiting for him to clear waivers.

5. You have 8 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 8 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your skipped pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.

6. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 8 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 8 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.

7. If an owner has consecutive draft picks he only gets one 8-hour timer before both of his picks can be skipped.

8. After you make your pick send an email to the next team owner to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next owner and send him a message.

9. If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.

10. Players who are drafted in the MLB June amateur draft are not eligible to be picked up in the League of Reds Nation during the season and will be available in the next year's LRN draft. The same goes for international free agents who sign with a major league team after our draft starts. This is true even if the player gets promoted to the major leagues that season.

11. If you post your pick as a "Pass" you do not lose the pick. You may use that pick later at any time.

12. If your draft turn arises when you already have an unused Skipped or Passed pick from a previous round your turn will automatically be Passed to keep the draft moving. Any Skipped or Passed picks can be used at any time.

13. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays with owners dragging their feet on their pick in the hope of receiving a trade offer.

14. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.

15. When all draft rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.

If you would like to receive a text message when it is your turn to draft, send me a PM with your cell phone number.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    We can trade draft picks for the upcoming 2019 draft, but we can't use the Yahoo trading system for doing so*. If you would like to include an exchange of 2019 draft picks in a trade please do so using the Comments area of the trade proposal and notify me when the trade is complete so I can change the 2019 draft order. Any traded draft pick using the checkmark system in the trade proposal application will be considered a trade of 2020 draft picks. The checkmark system in the trade application shows that every team has a pick in every round, but due to traded picks that is certainly not the case for the 2019 draft. So if you forget and include 2019 draft picks in your trade proposals you are likely to end up trading picks that don't exist. Please consult the official 2019 draft order posted here and in the Commissioner's Note for use in all trades.

* The reason for this is because I had to tell our Yahoo league website that we already had our draft. If I didn't set it up this way we would not be able to see our rosters, make trades, or see the draftable players in the Free Agent list until after the draft is over in late March. Since we have a dynasty league it just works better this way. The website is set up to work primarily for standard re-draft leagues with live drafts. It takes some gerrymandering of the Commissioner Tools to make it work properly for a dynasty league.

We need an owner to take over a derelict team from an owner who was banned from Redszone. The team has a good deal of talent including Cody Bellinger and several other top 100 players. It won't be a massive rebuilding project by any means.

PM me if you're interested in taking over the team.

This is a 5x5 roto dynasty league on Yahoo. No money involved.

How many keepers per year?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    How many keepers per year?
    30 keepers. We have 30 man major league rosters plus five minor leaguers.

If you have a 2020 opening, I'd appreciate consideration for joining.

Any idea when the 2020 season will be set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    Any idea when the 2020 season will be set up?
    The league has been set up. I still need to determine a date for the roster "cut-down" -- the date when I need to know each teams' cuts.

14. Likes:

Powel Crosley (02-14-2020)

Per his post in the league, it seems as if Pete is out. That makes 2 openings, by my count, AD. Need to get those teams an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Per his post in the league, it seems as if Pete is out. That makes 2 openings, by my count, AD. Need to get those teams an owner.
    I think he was making a reference to AD's joke about all of us letting him know we are alive and out of prison. If Pete was out then I'd be extremely upset I didn't wait a year to join so that I could take over a reigning championship squad.

We still have 2 empties based on roll call, Kiritro and mbgrayson. I'm not sure about MB but I know Kiritro's team was offered up mid-season last year so I'm not sure who/if anyone took it over (JaxRed?). I made a trade off to that team last year and never received a response so I'm not sure. It does look like we have at least one poster above (reds77) who is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I think he was making a reference to AD's joke about all of us letting him know we are alive and out of prison. If Pete was out then I'd be extremely upset I didn't wait a year to join so that I could take over a reigning championship squad.

We still have 2 empties based on roll call, Kiritro and mbgrayson. I'm not sure about MB but I know Kiritro's team was offered up mid-season last year so I'm not sure who/if anyone took it over (JaxRed?). I made a trade off to that team last year and never received a response so I'm not sure. It does look like we have at least one poster above (reds77) who is interested.
    Yeah Black Pete was making a prison joke. He is not leaving the league. I'm sure mbgrayson will be back as well. We will need to replace Kirito-Sama.

Anybody out there want to take over a dynasty league team? No entry fee. 5x5 roto league on Yahoo.

Turn Off Ads?