Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Post the pick here, or in the league message board?...will do both, since new and have first pick.
    Yoan Moncada
    You post the pick in the league message board and you also add the player to your team. I already added Moncada to your team though. Nice pick!

2. Turn Off Ads?

1.5 Micah Johnson 2B Chicago (AL)

Luckily I checked the league, cause it was my pick again, and never received a PM.
    Also, coolguy, you can stop hounding me about a reliever, I only have 2 and not giving either away, which you are trying for me to do..show me some respect......Kolton Wong for Greg Holland..that is disrepectful and down right hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Luckily I checked the league, cause it was my pick again, and never received a PM.
    Also, coolguy, you can stop hounding me about a reliever, I only have 2 and not giving either away, which you are trying for me to do..show me some respect......Kolton Wong for Greg Holland..that is disrepectful and down right hilarious.
    It is a good thing you were keeping an eye on it. Each owner is responsible for watching the draft board for his turn to draft. It is polite to use the email function on the Yahoo league page to send an email to the next owner in line. We rarely send PMs, although it would help speed up the draft. If you send me your cell number I will text you when I see your turn come up. Your timer starts when the previous pick is posted no matter if you do or do not get an email, PM or text message letting you know it is your turn. Just check the site once in a while to make sure you don't get skipped.

PS, I don't think that trade offer is disrespectful. I probably wouldn't accept it, but it is not a ridiculous offer. Wong is a good young player, and closers usually don't last long. Thinking long term it makes some sense to view those two players as having similar dynasty value. Just my two cents.

Wong is a meh player imho.he played out his keester last year, and isn't a HR hitter, that he is trying to become. Holland has way more value to me than a wanna be 2B.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I think the offer is more than fair. Wong will be around for half a decade. Outside of the elite, RP come and go. Offense is at a premium in today's game. Wong will provide in 4/5 categories.

Kolten Wong was a top 50 prospect going into last season and performed well

In 2/3s of a season last year he hit 12 HR with 20 SB. He is also a 24 year old 2B and 3 years shy of reaching his prime years (going by the traditional 27-31). I'm a fan of Holland, but long term I think Wong will be more valuable.

The other trade I sent was meant to be a rebuilding deal for you. Both of your closers (you would punt 8-11 points from saves this year) for 3 top 40 prospects that will all reach the majors this year, a 27 year old OF coming off a .315/23HR season, and a 23 yr old SS projected to go double digits in HR/SB and hit over .260. There is value there long term. I also explained that both deals were jumping off points and I was expecting to change pieces accordingly.

Apologies for you feeling insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I think the offer is more than fair. Wong will be around for half a decade. Outside of the elite, RP come and go. Offense is at a premium in today's game. Wong will provide in 4/5 categories.

Kolten Wong was a top 50 prospect going into last season and performed well

In 2/3s of a season last year he hit 12 HR with 20 SB. He is also a 24 year old 2B and 3 years shy of reaching his prime years (going by the traditional 27-31). I'm a fan of Holland, but long term I think Wong will be more valuable.

The other trade I sent was meant to be a rebuilding deal for you. Both of your closers (you would punt 8-11 points from saves this year) for 3 top 40 prospects that will all reach the majors this year, a 27 year old OF coming off a .315/23HR season, and a 23 yr old SS projected to go double digits in HR/SB and hit over .260. There is value there long term. I also explained that both deals were jumping off points and I was expecting to change pieces accordingly.

Apologies for you feeling insulted.
    More than fair????. A 3rd teir 2B for a top reliever.... reallly dont understand your definition of fair there,but whatever . AS for your rebuilding comment.Owings is a top prospect????.not seeing it. You really only offered Winker and glasnow for two of the top relievers in the game.........sorry don't see how that one helps at all. You gets points and I get maybes.not seing that one either....Like I said, we are seeing things totally different.....good luck

May your team have the Cubs' success over the last century.

10. Likes:

Captain Hook (03-23-2015)

Anyone have a closer on the trade market? Apparently, the previous owner forgot saves were a thing. It might explain the 11th finish. I have Ethier or some SP to offer.

Good luck picking up some saves. I've been trying for awhile as well. Any OF on my roster is up for trade for saves.

Traj, you looking to kove Kipnis? I saw you had him not starting and figured I should ask. I'm interested if so.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Good luck picking up some saves. I've been trying for awhile as well. Any OF on my roster is up for trade for saves.

Traj, you looking to kove Kipnis? I saw you had him not starting and figured I should ask. I'm interested if so.
    Yeah, I gotta keep Kipnis with Rendon's questionable knee so he's not going anywhere. I guess I'll be playing the save chase to start the season.

Gentlemen,

It was a pleasure playing with you guys these last few years, but this was my last season. I knew it going in and made a few trades that I would never have done otherwise (plus my draft), but, unfortunately, I didn't have enough to win one. Wish you all the best of luck going forward. Except Tuff Nut. I hope his team continues to fail for the next decade. I kid. If anyone was curious, the 27 yr old OF listed above was JD Martinez.

TCG

I renewed the league and sent invites to all owners. You can now renew your teams. Fantasy baseball is back baby yeah!

thatcoolguy_22, do you still want to drop out? We would like to have you back. If you still want to drop out let me know officially so I can find a replacement owner ASAP.

Renewed and ready to roll. Hopefully I can escape the middle of the table this year. It'll be fun no matter what.

17. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (01-29-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I renewed the league and sent invites to all owners. You can now renew your teams. Fantasy baseball is back baby yeah!

thatcoolguy_22, do you still want to drop out? We would like to have you back. If you still want to drop out let me know officially so I can find a replacement owner ASAP.

Sorry guys, but I'm still out. I'm going to take a break from fantasy for awhile. Thanks though and good luck everyone.

Turn Off Ads?