Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued

Indiana Basketball Continued

Continue your Hoosier talk here.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

BTW...I thought Hanner looked great yesterday. The kid needs more minutes.

I would not consider OSU a "very good conference win" this year. This is a team that lost to Penn State twice.

It's hard to say what a good conference win is this year(or conversely a bad conference loss) That's why I'm thinking 9-9 may be enough to make the NCAA tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

It's easy to say: OSU is not a good conference win this year.

Source: I am an OSU fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

OSU is a good team. I am not ready to concede that they are a bad team yet. That IU game frustrated me about as bad as any game has this season. The PSU game is easier to shrug off because the officials took control of the game early. But yesterday's game was just a comedy of errors.

OSU got out to a good start but Thad watched a 10 (or 8) point lead dwindle to a sizable deficit without making any lineup changes. He did call a TO but until Q picked up a T he went with the same lineup. The same lineup that had trouble scoring. The same lineup with Smith Jr on the bench who had been having a good game.

Then in the second OSU clawed within 2 points for a number of possessions. But those offensive possessions were awful. Their offensive flow was terrible and they had two or three players on the court who were no threat to score. Shannon Scott has taken a step back offensively this season, Trey McDonald doesn't belong on the court with the exception of picking up 5 fouls, and when Sam Thompson isn't confident in his shot he does nothing on offense except looking for a lob.

Now to Aaron Craft. The worst two game stretch I have seen him have in his career. Under 4 minutes with a 6-10 point deficit Craft went on a span of empty possessions that either ended in a turn over or a terrible layup attempt against a center. He needs to play better.

Apparently there is a rumor spreading that Dwight K Schrute threw a party after IU upset OSU because that put the Hoosiers somewhere close to the bubble. Is that true or did they cut down the nets?

8. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-03-2014),Razor Shines (03-03-2014),Revering4Blue (03-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

Apparently there is a rumor spreading that Dwight K Schrute threw a party after IU upset OSU because that put the Hoosiers somewhere close to the bubble. Is that true or did they cut down the nets?
    Both actually. The rings for this year's team will note not one but two two game winning streaks in conference play.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-13-2014),bucksfan2 (03-03-2014),Razor Shines (03-03-2014),Revering4Blue (03-03-2014)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    He really answered the bell. Most importantly, it wasn't the bell for last call.

Nice job, Hanner!
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

12. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (03-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    OSU is a good team. I am not ready to concede that they are a bad team yet. That IU game frustrated me about as bad as any game has this season. The PSU game is easier to shrug off because the officials took control of the game early. But yesterday's game was just a comedy of errors.

OSU got out to a good start but Thad watched a 10 (or 8) point lead dwindle to a sizable deficit without making any lineup changes. He did call a TO but until Q picked up a T he went with the same lineup. The same lineup that had trouble scoring. The same lineup with Smith Jr on the bench who had been having a good game.

Then in the second OSU clawed within 2 points for a number of possessions. But those offensive possessions were awful. Their offensive flow was terrible and they had two or three players on the court who were no threat to score. Shannon Scott has taken a step back offensively this season, Trey McDonald doesn't belong on the court with the exception of picking up 5 fouls, and when Sam Thompson isn't confident in his shot he does nothing on offense except looking for a lob.

Now to Aaron Craft. The worst two game stretch I have seen him have in his career. Under 4 minutes with a 6-10 point deficit Craft went on a span of empty possessions that either ended in a turn over or a terrible layup attempt against a center. He needs to play better.

Just wait until you see the new trophy case and its location. (hint: The real reason for the roof collapse.)
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

14. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-03-2014),Revering4Blue (03-03-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

Calling OSU a good conference win is way different that call OSU a good conference team...

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    His performance certainly gives some hope for next year when Vonleh is likely gone. He's certainly not nearly as skilled as Vonleh, but yesterday he looked like a guy who can at least contribute to a good team. Maybe Hanner's discipline was working on post moves and footwork for 5 hours a day

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    It's hard to say what a good conference win is this year(or conversely a bad conference loss) That's why I'm thinking 9-9 may be enough to make the NCAA tournament.
    It has been a strange year for sure across the conference landscape. Still some ball to be played, it will be interesting as to how it all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    His performance certainly gives some hope for next year when Vonleh is likely gone. He's certainly not nearly as skilled as Vonleh, but yesterday he looked like a guy who can at least contribute to a good team. Maybe Hanner's discipline was working on post moves and footwork for 5 hours a day
    To be honest, I think they need him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Calling OSU a good conference win is way different that call OSU a good conference team...
    Agreed, but OSU was ranked when IU beat them at least. It definitely will help their tournament shot if they can at least take care of Nebraska and not tank in the conference tourney.

Ok, just win the B1G tournament then. It's simpler that way.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?