As an experiment, I'm running a points league on Yahoo that's semi-based on the SABR-y linear weights values (especially for offensive outcomes), and which has rosters that require a full bullpen and back-ups at C/MI/CI/OF in lieu of UTIL. The goal is to make the game a bit more "realistic," so you have to make decisions a BIT more like a real life GM than like a fantasy manager.

I've tweaked things over the past couple years, but this is the first year I'm running the league as a full season (rather than as a mid-season distraction); as such, a number of my friends are focused on other leagues and not interested in playing along. I'd love it if a few RedsZoners wanted to step in an fill out the league.

It's 8x8, and the draft is set for tomorrow (Thursday) night at 9pm. If you'd like to join, drop me a note with your email, and I'll get you and invitation ASAP. Thanks in advance...

Oh, and for your edification, I'll append a screenshot of all our settings... like I said, they're kinda wacky, but it makes for a fun and unique fantasy experience, I think:

Name:  MandJLeagueSettings.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  140.0 KB