Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 4/27/14 Reds at Braves: RaisorZone Represents

Re: 4/27/14 Reds at Braves: RaisorZone Represents

From the CTrent and the Enquirer:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/reds...price/8291855/

"There's no debate whether they got it right or wrong," Price said. "In the end, you have the biggest Jumbotron in the country out there in center field that would strongly suggest the runner was out on the pickoff, and then to say he's not – it seems to contradict what everyone in the ballpark thought was an out.

"I didn't get it, it didn't make any sense to me."
    Said Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez: "I thought they had a nice appeal, but you just never know."
    I could see a fine against Price for his post game remarks.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Game was given away. Bernadina against a lefty?
    Parra instead of Marshall?

This wasn't the fifth inning against the Cubs. But was managed like it was.
    They said Parra got Freeman out earlier in the series on a pop up. Maybe saving Marshall in case they got a lead to get Freeman out again.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    They said Parra got Freeman out earlier in the series on a pop up. Maybe saving Marshall in case they got a lead to get Freeman out again.
    I think it comes down, in that situation, to who's better, Parra or Marshall.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yes. But that wasn't an issue with this play. The umps official statement was that there as no definitive view which overruled the call on the field.
    Which is nonsense, but IF that is the case, they need to start talking to the NFL about how to get it right. You see EVERY imaginable angle on stuff that happens in their games.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I think it comes down, in that situation, to who's better, Parra or Marshall.
    Yep. In a tie game, on the road, you play like it's sudden death, because it is. You do everything to prevent the other team from scoring, because once that happens, game over. You worry about what to do next inning, if you get there.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

This was the Reds' first extra inning game this year. I think the coaching staff was too concerned about the potential of a 16 inning game. They failed to worry sufficiently about key moments with the game on the line.

You haven't scored in 18 innings. Two men on in the tenth. A lefty pitcher comes in. Two righty power hitters, Soto and Heisey, on the bench. You don't leave in Bernadina, a lefty pinch hitter, not a great bat. You use one of the righties. The only conceivable reason for the decision was fear that the Reds might need those players later, don't want to burn a pinch hitter. Wrong mindset in that spot.

Then the pitching. I could live with Hoover to start the inning. But again, when two men were on, the game is on the line. Why Parra who has been struggling? Against Freeman? Marshall is the best guy to get lefties out in that situation in a tough spot.

I seldom pick on the manager, my main problem with this team is personnel, as I've said often. But this game was lost due to bad decisions in extras.
    Yup with the above

When they brought in Parra all I could think of was if you are thinking about several extra innings I would have picked Marshall and saved Parra for the possibility of needing him for 2 or more innings because Marshall pitching that much would be a recipe for injury.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

8. Likes:

malcontent (04-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Once the manager is ejected he doesn't get to manage anymore, which means he doesn't decide relievers and pinch hitters! I could be wrong tho!
    You're not wrong. Price was gone in the 1st inning. The game was managed by Jay Bell, not Price. All Price could do was sit in the clubhouse and watch the game. And any questionable game time decisions made are on Bell, not Price.

Hoover has really struggled this year. And that includes fielding a ball hit back to the mound. Geez!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Uh, are the replay officials in New York blind?
    No they are going out of their to protect the umpires on the field and its quickly turning into a joke. I said this back in spring training that I was afraid the umpires would be protected too much. I have seen too many calls already that should have been overturned that have not. MLB better tell those guys to quit protecting and get the calls right. MLB is going to be severely embarrased late in the season in a game that could decide a pennant or playoff spot.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Cueto is a true ace. It's a shame the Reds hitters can't even score two runs a game for him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I was out of town over the weekend. I'm curious about the two challenges that were made. In both cases, only one angle was shown repeatedly on both plays, whereas on others, I've seen multiple angles. And it's my understanding that NY has even more than the TV broadcast. In neither challenge did I see anything other than one angle - and that's odd for a TV broadcast. Anyone else notice this? I thought the foot off the bag was the correct call based on that one angle, but I have to agree with Price that the one shot they showed sure seemed to clearly show Votto tagging the baserunner before they touched the bag.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    No they are going out of their to protect the umpires on the field and its quickly turning into a joke. I said this back in spring training that I was afraid the umpires would be protected too much. I have seen too many calls already that should have been overturned that have not. MLB better tell those guys to quit protecting and get the calls right. MLB is going to be severely embarrased late in the season in a game that could decide a pennant or playoff spot.
    The play from yesterday's game should result in a fine or suspension of whoever made the call in NYC. Any person with eyesight and a brain knew what was going on yesterday. That was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The play from yesterday's game should result in a fine or suspension of whoever made the call in NYC. Any person with eyesight and a brain knew what was going on yesterday. That was a joke.
    You would hope so. If something like that happens in the post season MLB will catch heck for a long time over it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?