Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep. 7 Cast Official!

Star Wars Ep. 7 Cast Official!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40895

Star Wars: Episode VII Casting Announced
    It's finally here

29 April 2014 | Written by Ali Plumb | Source: Star Wars

"The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

"Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

"Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Thoughts? Rumor is that Adam Driver is going to be a villain. Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca are all back - There are rumors that Han is going to have a "huge role."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Star Wars Ep. 7 Cast Official!

Max Von Sydow has me intrigued.
    Witty signature.

4. Likes:

wolfboy (05-01-2014)

Name:  VON.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  10.1 KB

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Max von Sydow as Grand Admiral Thrawn. Make it happen, JJ.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Way too old for Thrawn.

I think someone like Javier Bardem would be perfect for Thrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Way too old for Thrawn.

I think someone like Javier Bardem would be perfect for Thrawn.
    Eh -- not in relation to the rest of the cast. I'd buy him completely as a dude who has been biding his time for the last 20-30 years, organizing the Imperial forces, and re-emerging onto the scene to re-claim the old Empire.

A younger Thrawn wouldn't make sense on the timeline that's now in place due to all the mains being old.

That is an interesting point, I was thinking in terms of The Thrawn Trilogy which is set like 5 years after ROTJ. They would indeed have to make him older, but isn't Von Sydow like 85? I think someone closer to 70 would work better, perhaps Ben Kinsly or F Murray Abraham?

I think a perfect actor to play Thrawn Trilogy era Thrawn that just came to me is Kevin Spacey.

Can't wait to see all this excitement get flushed when we learn Ford and or Fisher will be killed off in the first 10 mins and the EU will be completely ignored
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Can't wait to see all this excitement get flushed when we learn Ford and or Fisher will be killed off in the first 10 mins and the EU will be completely ignored
    I hope Ford is killed early, there are rumors out of Abrams camp that Ford is going to play a "huge role" though.

I am slightly disapointed they are not just going with a completely new cast.

They said awhile ago the EU is going to be mostly ignored.

Thrawn is absolutely not going to be in any movies, neither is Mara Jade. Talking about who would play Thawn is still fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Most of the EU *should* be ignored -- other than the Timothy Zahn books, it's mostly D-level sci-fi that reads like sanctioned fan fiction. Conveniently, the only two EU characters most SW fans even care about (Mara Jade and Thrawn) come from those books.

And, really, the movies *should* push Ford, Fisher and Hamill to the background as quickly as possible. There will be nostalgia for 5-10 minutes, but there's nothing that kills nostalgia quite like realizing your "heroes" got old and aren't frozen in time the way you remember them from back in the day. I'll give JJ the benefit of the doubt on this one because he really did use Leonard Nimoy effectively in "Star Trek," so I suspect he understands that you can't force the new cast to live in the shadow of the old people.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 04-29-2014 at 04:19 PM.

14. Likes:

KittyDuran (05-01-2014),RedTeamGo! (04-29-2014)

Disney has already said that all of the EU is going to be ignored. So anyone hoping for Thrawn or any of that sort of thing....forget it. I'm the biggest Star Wars nerd I know and it bums me out too, but forget everything you know other than the films. Disney is redoing it all.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Disney has already said that all of the EU is going to be ignored. So anyone hoping for Thrawn or any of that sort of thing....forget it. I'm the biggest Star Wars nerd I know and it bums me out too, but forget everything you know other than the films. Disney is redoing it all.
    Sounds like "The Hobbit". Lost respect for Peter Jackson after that debacle.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Sounds like "The Hobbit". Lost respect for Peter Jackson after that debacle.
    I don't see the comparison. The Star Wars EU is "expanded universe" and has never been canon. Peter Jackson just flat out changed the story of The Hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Talking about who would play Thawn is still fun though.
    Benedict Cumberbatch.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-01-2014)

Turn Off Ads?