Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep. 7 Cast Official!

Re: Star Wars Ep. 7 Cast Official!

I was just watching it again on YouTube and I noticed that it has over 10,000,000 views and that's not surprising. I also noticed that it has 1,614 down votes. Now, 1614 out of over 10,000,000 is an extremely small percentage but it's still far too high. I'd like to start a GoFundMe to track down those 1614 people and have them locked away, they'll never be productive members of society.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-20-2015),Caveat Emperor (04-17-2015),RedTeamGo! (04-17-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Chewie we're home!
    I'm not gonna lie. I was instantly teary. It was like my childhood came back to say hello.

5. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (04-17-2015),Dom Heffner (04-17-2015),Raisor (04-17-2015),reds1869 (04-19-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's cool. My 6 year old loves Star Wars and we just watched the trailer together and at the end he yelled "Han Solo, yes!"
    I started my 5 year old on the movies a few months ago and we just got through the first 6. He is totally excited about this. Showed him the trailer yesterday.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

7. Likes:

Razor Shines (04-17-2015),RedTeamGo! (04-17-2015)

Anyone else that follow the EU see the sith lord from this teaser and instantly think of Darth Revan?
    Last edited by ac084c; 04-17-2015 at 11:03 AM.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

9. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (04-17-2015),Degenerate39 (04-19-2015),reds1869 (04-19-2015),RedTeamGo! (04-17-2015)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzrico View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I was instantly teary. It was like my childhood came back to say hello.
    Yeah -- I'm going to be an emotional wreck if anything bad happens to Han, Leia or Luke.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Anyone else that follow the EU see the sith lord from this teaser and instantly think of Darth Revan?
    Was never a big EU follower, but this guy considers Knights of the Old Republic to be one of the best 5 video games ever and Revan is who I instantly thought of. There's a theory out there that this Kylo Ren fella collects Sith artifacts, hence Vader's helmet. If that's true then there is at least a chance (and realistically we're talking similar numbers to the odds of Kevin Gregg throwing a scoreless inning) that it's actually Revan's mask. Like I said, the likelihood of that is almost nil, but interesting nonetheless.

Loved the trailer. Practical effects, an appreciation for what came before, but also showing that not everything has to remain the same stylistically.

The rumors about Luke's role in all of this sort of concern me. If he's been sitting around for 30 years not training new Jedi then I will be an unhappy camper.

But I'll probably get over it.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

12. Likes:

ac084c (04-17-2015),Degenerate39 (04-19-2015),RedTeamGo! (04-17-2015)

I am SO excited about this! I saw the original 3 multiple times in the theater, and this has a much more traditional feel than all three of the prequels put together.

Last edited by RedEye; 04-17-2015 at 11:43 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

15. Likes:

ac084c (04-18-2015),_Sir_Charles_ (09-07-2015)

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzrico View Post
    Me too.

Also, and perhaps unintentionally, the "we're home" kinda served as a "This won't be like the prequels". At least to me.
    Witty signature.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-18-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Yeah -- I'm going to be an emotional wreck if anything bad happens to Han, Leia or Luke.
    Same here, part of why I'm not getting too excited for this movie, they will be killed off and we'll get the young 20 somethings saving the universe story.
    Go Gators!

I was just watching it again on YouTube and I noticed that it has over 10,000,000 views and that's not surprising. I also noticed that it has 1,614 down votes. Now, 1614 out of over 10,000,000 is an extremely small percentage but it's still far too high. I'd like to start a GoFundMe to track down those 1614 people and have them locked away, they'll never be productive members of society.
    They were all Zack Snyder.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-20-2015),Razor Shines (04-19-2015),redsfanmia (04-20-2015),sonny (04-22-2015)

Call me blasphemous then, but I wasn't thrilled to see Old Han.

I wouldn't have voted it down because most of it looks awesome. But, I really have no interest in continuing a storyline that was wrapped up fairly nicely in ROJ. Start over somewhere else. The galaxy is huge. The laser swords will still be cool. The spaceships will still make that "pew, pew, pew" sound. The force is neat.

If they made a movie that made no real direct reference to the old movies, but was awesome, we would still love it.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

22. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-20-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post

I wouldn't have voted it down because most of it looks awesome. But, I really have no interest in continuing a storyline that was wrapped up fairly nicely in ROJ. Start over somewhere else. The galaxy is huge. The laser swords will still be cool. The spaceships will still make that "pew, pew, pew" sound. The force is neat.

If they made a movie that made no real direct reference to the old movies, but was awesome, we would still love it.
    Eh, I think episode 7 will be a handoff to the new cast and storyline.

24. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-20-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Eh, I think episode 7 will be a handoff to the new cast and storyline.
    That is probably what will happen. I'm sure it will be awesome and I will love it. I'm just really scared of a Star Wars Expendables experience...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post

I'd like to vote this comment down please!

Negative rep! Negative rep!

Seriously though, I think they are headed that direction, they just want a link between the two rather than a line in the sand.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?