Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 5/11/14 - Reds vs. Rox - Billy is back

Re: 5/11/14 - Reds vs. Rox - Billy is back

Happy Mom's Day!!!
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's rare where one relief pitcher can change the dynamics of an entire team, but if anyone does, it's Chapman.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

4. Likes:

REDREAD (05-11-2014),_Sir_Charles_ (05-11-2014)

If guys like Hamilton and Chappie can't spark this team nobody can. Of course when you get pitching like we got today from Homer, who needs spark?

6. Likes:

KYExtemper (05-11-2014),Red Raindog (05-11-2014)

So, I'm guessing Chappy mowing down the meat of the Rockies' order will help squash any conversations from the talking heads about those earned runs from his rehab outings.

8. Likes:

KYExtemper (05-11-2014),Red Raindog (05-11-2014),villain612 (05-11-2014)

Simon, Parra, Marshall, LeCure, Broxton, Chapman is a legit bullpen.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-11-2014)

What a great game.. It's almost enough to renew enthusiasm in this season
    Huge boost to get Billy and Chapman back.
    Great day by Homer too. Hopefully Homer is back on track.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    What a great game.. It's almost enough to renew enthusiasm in this season
    Huge boost to get Billy and Chapman back.
    Great day by Homer too. Hopefully Homer is back on track.
    Agreed. This was a good win. Homer pitched his best game of the season, which is hopefully a sign of good things to come. Also, we have Hamilton back and he got on the bases and created a bit of havoc. Skip Schumaker got a few RBI's and Ramon Santiago gave us some much needed production at the SS position. It was good of guys to step up too since Phillips and Votto were non-factors.

I thought what Homer and Cueto were able to do to Colorado's offense this series was a very good sign of just how awesome they can be. and that the Reds pitching can keep them in the race all year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_cin&c_id=cin

• Reds starting pitcher Homer Bailey received pink shoes from two shoe companies for Sunday's Mother's Day game against Colorado. Because Bailey could not wear both at the same time, he gave one pair to Hall of Fame sportswriter Hal McCoy and asked him to wear them in the press box Sunday. Pink shoes, wristbands and bats were worn by many players as part of Major League Baseball's Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer initiative.

Really good win. Having a knock out closer really helps. Chapman looked great. Once the Reds can get Simon back in the pen that will make that part of the team complete. Beating the Rocks two of three is good for this team and hopefully some momentum to build on with the Padres coming to town.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    I thought what Homer and Cueto were able to do to Colorado's offense this series was a very good sign of just how awesome they can be. and that the Reds pitching can keep them in the race all year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_cin&c_id=cin

Name:  051114-fso-mlb-halmccoy.vadapt.620.medium.36.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  26.4 KB

I didn't have much opportunity to follow the games this weekend. Mother's Day in Pittsburgh gives me no TV coverage and gives me only Sirius radio or the MLB app to follow and then I have to leave the family to do that, but I did. Friday night was frustrating, but the walkoff helped. Saturday was a nightmare, and as the Pirates moved ever closer to the Reds, I got a few barbs from those around, but it was interesting that one guy had cut in his yard, "Go Pens," I mean he actually mowed that in his lawn, so the Pirates are really on the back bumper. My mother in law always drags us to Mass, and where last year every third person had a McCutheon jersey on, it was all Pens jerseys this time, and not to many of them. Regardless, I was able to catch the game on Sirius on the way home down I-79 until Sirius pooped out around the 7th inning--they lost their feed. But we got the Chapman inning in all it's glory and I have to say Marty was just triumphant for the Reds. Just a great call time after time.

As I listened, I can see that Hamilton, who I've doubted from the beginning, makes a difference, and so does Chapman and Shumacher. Once upon a time, they placed Heisey or whoever out there to play the outfield just because there was no one else. With Shu, you have a genuine major league player out there--one who knows how to play the game. You have a premium closer (oh, how we've missed him) and a flawed, and yet promising leadoff hitter with more speed than I've seen on this team. Couple that with a really slow starting Joey Votto and no Jay Bruce, and all the injuries that have happened. I think that we are going to start winning. I just want Latos back asap. Simon was so great for so long, but his expiration date might have been reached. Hurry back, Mat!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The walk off helped?

For all the knock on Walt's inability to make a big move this offseason, Schumacker and Pena have proven to be excellent pickups.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

19. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-12-2014)

Turn Off Ads?