Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE problems

Re: WWE problems

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    The WWE finally signs Sting but have yet to put him on TV. I am a huge Sting Fan. They need to have him come in and challange the authority. Form a faction with Cena and the Shield. Have him make an appearance at Payback and help the Shield win.They still owe The Rock a championship rematch from his loss to Cena from Wrestlemania 39. They do a poor job remembering who still has championship rematches.
    Do you really want Sting's run to start and Shield's run (as a unit) come to end with Cena? Look at what happens to guys who work with Cena (friend and foe). I'd keep Sting as far away from Cena as I could. Sting's in his 50s, he can only do so much at this point that he needs to almost be like Taker, an attraction not the main focal point. Sting's whole run needs to be very carefully choreographed to maximize Sting's value to WWE (and to the Sting character). Shield needs to win Sunday or blown to smithereens (all 3 go their own ways) and get away from Evolution, they've done nothing really to reestablish Evolution other than Batista laying on his back more than 3MB since Mania. They put the cart before the horse, Evolution should have won the first one and this was the rematch.

One match I wish they would do is the all titles on the line in a Tripple Threat tag team match. The tag team champions would face the team of the United States Champion and the Intercontinential Champion vs the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and the new money in the bank winner. Whoever got the pinfall or submission would win the belt or money in the Bank that the loser had.

IN WCW they had the United States Champion Lex Lugar who was also one half of the Tag team champions tagged with his tag team championship partner Sting vs the world Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair and his partner The Giant Aka Big Show. Big show kept trying to pin his partner Flair for the World Belt and Sting tried to pin lugar to keep their tag team titles but lso to get the united States title.
    This sounds like something out of the Vince Russo playbook of wrestling booking. Way too many moving parts and IMO it would cheapen the big belts. If you wanted to do something with the US/IC vs Tag Belts fine, but the days of someones like HHH and Austin being Tag Champs while being WWF and IC champ are long gone. It's kind of like how they had Rhodes Brothers vs Shield on the PPV for their jobs then the next night they won the belts. It was a great moments for all of them, if you had the added stipulation that the belts were on the line it would have made the match far too messy. Could you say Rhodes v Shield could have gone to the next PPV and THEN won the belts go ahead thats a whole nother story.

Another good match would be to have a any former World Champion could compete in the ladder match for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. It could be an open invitational so that they didn't even need to be in the ring when the bell rung to climb the ladder to get the belt. Imagine ric Flair or harley Race or Sting etc showed up from nowhere to get the belt or jBl or they count Jerry "The King Lawler's AWA Championship and they let him climb the ladder to get the belt.

Another cool idea would be have all the belts hanging up above the ring along with money in the Bank. The match would continue as long as belts or the briefcase was still there. Someone could grab as many titles or brief cases as he could. He would be guaranteed to keep whatever he grabbed before getting thrown off the ladder.
    TNA already does something like this as I think it's called feast or fired. I don't think you'd want the same guy grabbing multiple "breifcases". The WWE has had a horrible time booking everything as it is let alone figuring out how to get the IC belt on tv because Orton's already defending the WWE World Title later that night (just one random idea).
    Last edited by Slyder; 05-27-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    True. I'm still waiting for Zack Ryder to get his US Championship rematch from when he dropped the belt to Swagger in about 2 minutes back at the beginning of 2012
    When Ryder is healthy, Big Johnny will grant Ryder his rematch.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The biggest problem with WWE is they've taken their eyes off what's brought them to the show. They've tried time, after time, after time, after time to expand into other media and failed in a giant blaze of infamy... XFL, the Times Square Restaurant, WWE films, Bodybuilding federations, TWO Senate campaigns ($100 million).... These are just a few examples of "ideas" WWE has had and lost billions on.

Meanwhile their on screen product (which brings the vast majority of their revenues) has suffered because they are:
    A) Constantly changing writers
    B) Hiring soap opera writers rather than people who know what they really need to do. They make it about the E rather than the guys themselves.
    C) Vince doesn't have the territories to steal ideas from any more.
    D) Poor character development
    E) Poor merchandise development.

Daniel Bryan falls into that E category. Until Recently (~Rumble)... your hottest star and favorite of most of the 18-39 demographic (which is still the largest regardless of what WWE says about Kids, was HORRIBLY marketed on WWEShop. They've come out with some better stuff since they started the YES MOVEMENT and that probably better reaches a wider demographic of Daniel Bryan fans.

http://shop.wwe.com/Daniel-Bryan-%22...nt-danielbryan

Was #1 on the DB list of merchandise... Great for kids, how many adults are really going to want that? Its why he wasn't moving merchandise but was still the by far most unanimous fan favorite on the show and gets a huge reaction everywhere. They went back to the drawing board and went basic with a lot of stuff and it seems to helped.

New #1 http://shop.wwe.com/Daniel-Bryan-%22...e=best_sellers

http://shop.wwe.com/Daniel-Bryan-%22...e=best_sellers (debuted at Elimination Chamber 2014)
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

The WWE finally signs Sting but have yet to put him on TV. I am a huge Sting Fan. They need to have him come in and challange the authority. Form a faction with Cena and the Shield. Have him make an appearance at Payback and help the Shield win.
    Sting absolutely has not signed a deal with the WWE yet. While I appreciate that you're a Sting fan, we've seen him wrestle in the fairly recent past and it's not pretty. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a central storyline. Old guys are novelty acts. Sting vs. Rock? Sign me up. Sting vs. full-time performer? Not interested.

Also, keep Cena far, far away from the Shield. Nothing blunts a wrestler's career faster than being cast as Cena's buddy. He's a heat vampire. The Shield already is a faction. Much rather see Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose fighting against Cena for big stakes than fighting with him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I will say this about the WWE Network, I quit watching wrestling around Wrestlemania 14 or 15 and never got back into it. I would still occasionally watch old stuff on DVD's but never had an interest in the new stuff. Well I got WWE Network as soon as it came out and while I'm not back to a full time fan just having the network has me back into it on a casual level. The only thing I can think that would really help the current product would be a Cena heel turn.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    The only thing I can think that would really help the current product would be a Cena heel turn.
    When Cena is the obstacle anyone he feuds with has to overcome, I would say he's already a heel... I mean
    1) when was the last time he outright lost a feud?
    2) he gets boo'd by at least 65% of the crowd every week.
    3) he's been the same character for 10 years.
    4) it took 3 people plus a kid singing to stop Cena in the cage match.

William Arthur Ward

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    When Cena is the obstacle anyone he feuds with has to overcome, I would say he's already a heel... I mean

Yeah, but to be fair, it's hard to stop Cena when you can't see him.

10. Likes:

Gallen5862 (05-28-2014),kbrake (05-28-2014),M2 (05-28-2014),reds44 (05-29-2014),Tom Servo (05-28-2014)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    1) when was the last time he outright lost a feud?
    2) he gets boo'd by at least 65% of the crowd every week.
    3) he's been the same character for 10 years.
    Cena is over with kids and middle aged women -- and, in those two demographics, he sells a crapload of merch (and it's been that way for years). He's also the "public face" of the WWE at all kinds of PR events and photo ops like overseas troop visits and Make-A-Wish events -- he's granted more "Make-A-Wish" visits than any other person currently participating in the program.

He's a mascot and a spokesperson for the promotion, and the WWE isn't going to change anything about him so long as they can mine public good will (and merchandise money) out of his character.

He is what he is -- a wrestler with an incredibly stale gimmick that cannot change. That's a problem, but at least Cena started out with something approaching an interesting gimmick. That's way more than can be said for people like Big E, Rusev, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, etc. They're flooding the midcard with horrible/boring gimmicks right now.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 05-28-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Cena is over with kids and middle aged women -- and, in those two demographics, he sells a crapload of merch (and it's been that way for years). He's also the "public face" of the WWE at all kinds of PR events and photo ops like overseas troop visits and Make-A-Wish events -- he's granted more "Make-A-Wish" visits than any other person currently participating in the program.

He's a mascot and a spokesperson for the promotion, and the WWE isn't going to change anything about him so long as they can mine public good will (and merchandise money) out of his character.

He is what he is -- a wrestler with an incredibly stale gimmick that cannot change. That's a problem, but at least Cena started out with something approaching an interesting gimmick. That's way more than can be said for people like Big E, Rusev, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, etc. They're flooding the midcard with horrible/boring gimmicks right now.
    The 18-39 male demographic is still WWE's largest base of revenues.

How is it good for future business to continue to have Cena crush everything that could possibly make WWE money? He isn't going to be around forever. The Nexus story is a perfect example of this. You have a story that is turning heads as this group is kicking everyone's butt and getting new eyes on the product. Come SummerSlam you would think WWE would want to legitimize these guys as legit and the future by having them beat a who's who of wwe (including Cena, Edge, Jericho, HOF Bret Hart). Nope Cena has to overcome and look at how long it took any of these guys (and I include DB in that) to mean a crap after. It is near criminal that Wade Barrett has not even had the Big Gold Belt almost 4 years later.

I actually like the Adam Rose gimmick, it's not one thats going to get him to the top, but he could be someone to have a little staying power if it gets over (think a PG version of Godfather as an example or Kaientai). Also it gets a bunch of other guys experience on TV even if its not in a major role, remember CM Punk's first appearance was as a mobster in Cena's enterogue at Mania 22.

Rusev is a showcase for Lana, I don't think they really care about Vladmir Shiek... I mean Alexander Drago... I mean Iron Kozlov... I mean Alexander Rusev, this is to get Lana on tv. Rusev's character has been done hundreds of times.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Don't be a lemon. I like the Rose gimmick. Don't know that it's headed anywhere, but it's potentially fun. He could kick audience participation up to 11. I also like Bo Dallas' delusional motivational speaker bit. Don't know where it leads him (maybe into the arms of his brother at some juncture), but it's a fine starting point. Rusev and Big E are dreadfully dull, however.

My kids always hated Cena. My daughter still gets angry if you bring up the night Rey Mysterio won the WWE title and Cena used his rematch clause to make Mysterio defend it later that show. He's also run down nearly every prominent female on the roster at one time or another.

Also, I think he'd sell more tickets and move more merchandise if he went dark side. He seems like a classic case of corporate paralysis to me. Fear of disruption is causing the WWE to forgo pursuing opportunity. Cena's on the back side of his career now regardless of how comfortable they are milking that cow. They ran into this exact same problem with Hogan in the early '90s and WCW ended up being the promotion that got the huge bounce from turning him heel.

On a separate note, was anybody here posting yesterday at mjh on the 411Mania site?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-28-2014)

Cena going all Hollywood Hogan is a veritable license to print money for at least 3 years, it is crazy to me WWE hasn't gone that route yet.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

dougdirt (05-29-2014)

The crazy thing is, for as stale and boring as Cena is at times, he's an INCREDIBLY talented performer. He's good on the mic when given license to be creative, and he could easily step out of his current box and succeed doing something else. He's as hard a worker as anyone, and I think he would thrive with a heel turn. Unfortunately, as stated numerous times here, that's incredibly unlikely.

Bray Wyatt is so awesome, but he's working within a box the likes of Undertaker and Mankind and others didn't have to work in. Things have changed, and not for the better. Cena vs. Wyatt should be a great feud, but most of it has been a snooze-fest for my two cents, and that's a damn shame.

The only compelling storylines I can recall from the last few years are Punk vs. the Authority and Bryan vs. the Authority. Cm Punk vs Brock Lesnar had the potential to be DYNAMITE, but instead they fight one time, and then we get Punk vs. Ryback and Axel. AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I LEFT.

The midcard, quite frankly, is horrible. For instance, Cesaro and Swagger had an interesting little feud going. And then, out of nowhere, RVD is thrown into the middle of it because they had nothing for him to do upon his return. How the hell does that make sense?

Sandow, a good in-ring worker and good on the mic, has been reduced to playing stupid comedy roles that nobody cares about. Big E and Rusev has no meaning to it. There's no animosity built up, no story-telling. Just Big E running to the ring and saving someone for no apparent reason. Is it too much to ask for them to cut a promo on each other?

Raw is 3 hours now, and in a way it feels like they have LESS time than they did before. They spend so much of those 3 hours talking about how to download apps, replaying segments from earlier in the show, and throwing stupid comedy segments against the wall, that most of the show is borderline unwatchable at times.

There's just no consistency. There's no excuse for the way things have been handled since Mania. It was their biggest wave of momentum in years, and instead of it continuing, we get Brock Lesnar (THE MAN WHO BROKE THE STREAK) absent from TV, Cesaro has been minimized, and younger guys are taking a seat on the bench while Evolution sits at the top of the card. Again.

Too bad they lack any meaningful competition. It would force them to actually get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Also, I think he'd sell more tickets and move more merchandise if he went dark side. He seems like a classic case of corporate paralysis to me. Fear of disruption is causing the WWE to forgo pursuing opportunity. Cena's on the back side of his career now regardless of how comfortable they are milking that cow. They ran into this exact same problem with Hogan in the early '90s and WCW ended up being the promotion that got the huge bounce from turning him heel.
    Yeah, I'm not sure turning him heel would affect his merchandise sales. Kayfabe is so gone now that no one but the little kids are going to be upset with him turning heel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'm not back watching enough WWE that I understand everything I'm reading here. Some of the names are completely lost on me, but I love that some of my favorite RedsZone posters are this tuned into wrestling. Most refreshing thread I've stumbled across here in awhile. First one to bring up Votto's contract gets a sharpshooter.

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-29-2014),M2 (05-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I'm not back watching enough WWE that I understand everything I'm reading here. Some of the names are completely lost on me, but I love that some of my favorite RedsZone posters are this tuned into wrestling. Most refreshing thread I've stumbled across here in awhile. First one to bring up Votto's contract gets a sharpshooter.
    I perfer the Crippler Crossface much simpler to slap someone in and much more painful than what the average fan calls the sharpshooter. Although I've seen some downright cruel combinations of moves. Think Walls of Jericho+Sharpshooter.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?