Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE problems

Re: WWE problems

El Torito (a midget in a bull costume) has beaten Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre in one-on-one matches the last few weeks. He now has more wins on Raw this entire year than DAMIEN SANDOW.

That explains everything about the current product. Sandow is good on the mic, good in the ring, and could potentially have a bright future. But the company has done so much damage to his character the last several months, I'm not sure it can be repaired.

Same goes for Dolph Ziggler. He's an incredible worker, takes bumps like nobody else, gets a reaction from the crowd, is good on the mic... and what does he have to show for it? Nothing. Cena, Orton and Batista remain on top while guys like that can't catch a break.

When Austin, the Rock, and others left, the WWE didn't have a choice but to create new stars. Same thing in the 90s when Hogan, Hall, Nash and others went to WCW. I think it actually hurts the product that Cena and Orton have been around so long. They're not going anywhere, and because of that WWE won't move them from the very top of the card. Instead of new feuds and developing talent, we get Cena vs Orton for the 150th time.

Yay.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Do they still have Piper's Pit? That was the best.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Do they still have Piper's Pit? That was the best.
    Actually he just had a segment not too long ago with the Shield that was pretty good. They'll bring him out every few years it seems for a Piper's Pit, but his relationship with management isn't the best so he's not utilized the way that I wish he would be. Even at his age he still has tons to offer, especially in teaching the younger generation the art of a great promo. He's just a natural even to this day.

Payback is taking place tonight, and so far it doesn't look promising.

The event started with a pre-show match consisting of a biker midget vs a masked midget in a hair vs mask match. Also, Booker T found out before Kofi Kingston did that Kingston had a match tonight against Bo Dallas. And the Rhodes brothers are taking on Rybaxel in yet ANOTHER match thrown together at the last minute during this show.

Could the booking be any sloppier? They're destroying all of the momentum they had after a great WrestleMania. So frustrating to watch.

I had rather low expectations going in given the somewhat weak card, but I thought Payback delivered as a strong show.

I can only shake my head at Cena winning a feud decisively again though. Rinse, lather, repeat.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I had rather low expectations going in given the somewhat weak card, but I thought Payback delivered as a strong show.

I can only shake my head at Cena winning a feud decisively again though. Rinse, lather, repeat.
    The talent is making the events work despite the creative flaws they're being handed. Cena's one note career continues. Fantastic match, but it leaves us exactly where? FWIW, I don't think Cena and Wyatt are done yet. And with Cena I've taken to using the phrase "Lather, rinse, prevail."
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-02-2014)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The talent is making the events work despite the creative flaws they're being handed. Cena's one note career continues. Fantastic match, but it leaves us exactly where? FWIW, I don't think Cena and Wyatt are done yet. And with Cena I've taken to using the phrase "Lather, rinse, prevail."
    The only way this feud works is if they play it off as Bray looking to break Cena's spirit by constant challenges and fights. But, it would require them to book some kind of "breaking point" for Cena that lets Wyatt "win" even if he's losing matches.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

10. Likes:

M2 (06-02-2014)

I wonder if NXT Arrival also made everyone step their game up a bit. WWE may get a lot of things wrong, but turning NXT into what ECW was in 08-10 is one of the best decisions they have made.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

M2 (06-02-2014),Ravenlord (06-02-2014)

WWE has no idea how to handle the Wyatt's. Bray is great on the mic, but he sometimes goes a little long. also, their feuds seem to drift. I thought a Shield/Wyatt's feud had promise, but HHH saw it as a way to get Evolution running again.

The way Ziggler has been handled is criminal. absolutely criminal.

sigh... whither CM Punk? The night they kept turning off his mic when in the ring with HHH was EPIC!. watched it again last night. When he called himself by his real name, and HHH by his.. that's what mic work is.

Dean Ambrose is the closest thing to the Joker WWE has ever had. I'm very glad they seem to have scrapped the breakup of the Shield. They are looking a lot like the Freebirds to me, but better on the mic.

Shamus and Cena need a heel turn, and if you have seen any episodes of Total Diva's you know that Cena is some kind of OCD neat freak. If they make his character a little more like he is in real life... more a shoot than work, then he could really get over as a heel.

Can someone please make the old Kane gimmick go away? It just doesn't work anymore.

I cannot wait until AJ Lee returns and feuds with the current diva's champ. Lee is a good worker for someone that weighs 85 pounds. Plus she's FANTASTIC on the mic, better than 90% of the entire roster. When she called aout every diva in the ring, saying they weren't worthy enough to lace her Chuck Taylors... maybe one of the best promo's of the last ten years by ANY worker in WWE.

Also, I'd buy out Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles from their TNA contracts and let them run wild for a bit as a tag team in the WWE. Daniels has great mic skills, Styles one of the better workers, albeit not nearly as good on the mic.
    Last edited by TRF; 06-02-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

This is the promo you're talking about -- and yeah, it's completely epic:

15. Likes:

reds44 (06-04-2014),TRF (06-02-2014)

Really? I hated that promo.

loved it.. maybe the best promo ever. Though that AJ Lee one i posted was almost as good.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Really? I hated that promo.
    Nah, I love it when kayfabe cracks around the edges a little bit -- or outright shatters like when Vince Russo buried Hulk Hogan on live TV during Bash at the Beach in 2000.

Was it work? Depends on who you believe -- but the fact is that 99.9% of what was being said about Hogan (at the time) was real.

I enjoy some breaks in kayfabe, Punk's original pipebomb promo was perfect. But that HHH/Punk promo felt like a poor attempt at replicating that to me.

I'm kinda split on Punk these days in general. I was always a huge fan, but I think his walkout was petty. I understand if he was burned out and needed time off, but it seems a lot of it had to do with his spot and not main eventing WrestleMania. Stone Cold said on his podcast from experience the best thing to do is get your ass back to work, and I think he was exactly right.

Sandow as Lance Stephenson was some of the funniest stuff I have seen in awhile. Seems like his new shtick is to dress up as a character from the city the WWE is visiting and have some fun with the crowd. It's been working so far as Sandow is a guy folks love to hate.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?