Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2014

Re: NFL 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Just because Johnny Manziel was allegedly rolling a dollar bill in the bathroom does not mean he was doing cocaine. (with picture)

Link

And here we go (if we weren't going there already)
    So, a child of Texas oil money might have done cocaine. Sounds about right.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Likes:

reds44 (07-25-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    These guys are good. Too many numbers right where you think teams would be. Just a quick look and here is what I would bet.

Steelers under 8.5

If I had to, Bengals Over 9. Still think they are the class of the AFC North. Taking emotions out of the equation I think they are at least a 10 win team.
    I agree about the Bengals over 9, but I'm not inclined to go with the Steelers under 8.5. The catch being this division should be quite good again and some team has to lose the intradivision games.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

2 games for Ray Rice beating a woman is a joke.

Period.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

6. Likes:

Chip R (07-25-2014),Dom Heffner (07-24-2014),Kingspoint (07-27-2014),Rojo (08-01-2014)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Period.
    We live in a strange world, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Josh Gordon gets suspended an entire season for smoking marijuana

Ray Rice gets suspended 2 games for beating a woman

That's just stupid.

9. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-24-2014),Kingspoint (07-27-2014)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I love the fact that you can buy this right now on NFLShop.com: http://www.nflshop.com/Baltimore_Rav...ersey_-_Purple

Seriously -- with each passing day, I get a little more fed up with the NFL.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Period.
    I know. And Donnie Jones says some words and is suspended indefinitely.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I love the fact that you can buy this right now on NFLShop.com: http://www.nflshop.com/Baltimore_Rav...ersey_-_Purple

It's a bit icky, I agree.

What's sad is that people will still buy it. I still see parents dressing their young daughters in Ben Roethlisberger jerseys.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-27-2014),redsfanmia (07-28-2014)

Nice opening drive for the Packers in Preseason Game 1. No Rodgers or Cobb, so they just ran the ball down the throats of the Titans and their new Hybrid 3-4 Defense. The O-Line blocked extremely well, especially RT Bryan Bulaga, who tore his ACL last August.

James Starks was the steal of Free Agency in 2014.

I don't understand why Matt Flynn keeps getting a job in the NFL. Tolzien, on the other hand, took another step forward in his career. The game was just too fast for him last season, but he looks much more comfortable this year.

In my opinion, the Titans have the best Offensive Line in football (they weren't last season, but I think they will be this season). They'll need it with Locker at QB. The Packers had some tackling issues (they weren't very good last year), but they looked respectable against this unit. It gives the Packers' something to work with. They'll only be as good as their Defense's improvement from last season.

(Eddie George looks like he could still play in the NFL.)

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Second-year pro J.C. Tretter appears to have won the Packers' starting center job.

Tretter got the first shot at replacing Evan Dietrich-Smith, and ran with it. "Every day he's gotten better at something and he continues to grow that way," were the words of OL coach James Campen. It's impressive, as the 2013 fourth-rounder missed most of his rookie year with a broken ankle. He came off the PUP list in December, but played zero snaps.

Source: ESPN.com

Losing Dietrich-Smith was a big concern if you're a Packers' fan, so this is good to see.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-14-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

A lot of key players did not play in the pre-season Week 1. I wonder if that was a little protest on the part of Coaches to the Owners that there are too many pre-season games.

Seasons were 12 games long for a very long time. To have four pre-season games is simply ludicrous. A player can play up to 24 games in a season now. Human beings can't take that much pounding and expect to come back the next season without damaging repercussions.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-14-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

In a league that legislates parity, has any team benefitted more from bumbling in division rivals like the Patriots have? The Dolphins and Bills have done nothing for over a decade and the Jets had a nice short run, but they have largely been the Jets. It seems that every other division has had turnover, runs by multiple teams, and worst to first turn arounds.

19. Likes:

Slyder (08-31-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    In a league that legislates parity, has any team benefitted more from bumbling in division rivals like the Patriots have? The Dolphins and Bills have done nothing for over a decade and the Jets had a nice short run, but they have largely been the Jets. It seems that every other division has had turnover, runs by multiple teams, and worst to first turn arounds.
    The Colts division is basically the same, the Texans were good for 2 years and the Titans had a few decent years but the Jags have been bad for a long time.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Colts division is basically the same, the Texans were good for 2 years and the Titans had a few decent years but the Jags have been bad for a long time.
    It has been mostly Indy, but the Jags, Titans, and Texans have all won the division in the last decade and have all had a 12 win or better season.

Turn Off Ads?