Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday June 11th 2014 Minor League Updates

Re: Wednesday June 11th 2014 Minor League Updates

Yeah, I would say High A is no longer providing a sufficient challenge for Winker.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-12-2014),Old school 1983 (06-12-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bakersfield won 19-6.

Allen: 2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 K
    Adleman: 1 IP, H, BB, K

Silva: 3-3, 3B, 2 BB, 5 R
    Vincej: 2-5, RBI, 3 R
    Winker: 3-3, 2 HR, 2 BB, 6 RBI, 4 R
    Smith: 3-5, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 2 R
    Mejias-Brean: 1-5
    Perez: 2-5, Solo HR, 2 R
    Vidal: 1-5
    Amaral: 1-4, 2B, BB, RBI, 2 R
    Tolisano: 1-5, RBI, R

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, I would say High A is no longer providing a sufficient challenge for Winker.
    What are you talking about? He could have homered all five times he went to the plate.

6. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-12-2014),Tom Servo (06-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What are you talking about? He could have homered all five times he went to the plate.
    Damn base-clogging walks!

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    What the hell is wrong with David Holmberg? Is he injured? Were the D'backs aware of something we weren't? At a minimum, if he's not injured, it seems he should get bumped back to AA- maybe trade places with Moscot or Corcino?
    Wasn't yesterday his first start back after injury?

Just an uneducated guess, but since so many were named to All-Star Games, the Reds want to reward the kids and let them play in those games, then the moves will happen. Makes sense to me at least.

11. Likes:

PepperJack (06-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    What the hell is wrong with David Holmberg? Is he injured? Were the D'backs aware of something we weren't? At a minimum, if he's not injured, it seems he should get bumped back to AA- maybe trade places with Moscot or Corcino?
    He suffers from an ailment called "un-goodness."

Rotoworld just made a post that coming in to the season, Winker had 10-15 homerun potential. What the hell is that analysis based on?

14. Likes:

Benihana (06-12-2014),Edd Roush (06-12-2014),Old school 1983 (06-12-2014),RedlegJake (06-12-2014)

Just checked over the schedules, and both Bakersfield and Pensacola's All Star games are on the 17th.

Both resume play for the second half on the 19th.

So yeah, I'm betting Winker is in a Wahoos jersey on the 19th.

16. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Rotoworld just made a post that coming in to the season, Winker had 10-15 homerun potential. What the hell is that analysis based on?
    If he played in the Majors all season in 2014, 10-15 makes a little bit of sense.....

If that statement were based on his future potential in the big leagues, its, um, crazy talk from someone who has never seen him play nor ever talk to someone with even a limited amount of scouting ability who has seen him play.

18. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-12-2014),Old school 1983 (06-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    He suffers from an ailment called "un-goodness."
    First, Holmberg missed time in Spring Training when he was struck during a drill and suffered a lower leg infection. During the regular season, he's been on the disabled list twice with left shoulder injuries.
    But, yeah, we should probably give up on a 22 year old at AAA that has had 3 injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Every update I've read from Rotoworld on Winker has said that he is a high contact, low power bat. That's the only place I've seen that

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    But, yeah, we should probably give up on a 22 year old at AAA that has had 3 injuries.
    I may be crazy, and you can correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you just say in another thread that we could literally cut a 21-year-old in Double-A (and a 22-year-old in Double-A) and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference in the system? How can that statement, and the one quoted here, come from the same person?

22. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I may be crazy, and you can correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you just say in another thread that we could literally cut a 21-year-old in Double-A (and a 22-year-old in Double-A) and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference in the system? How can that statement, and the one quoted here, come from the same person?
    Because Holmberg is a legitimate prospect and Bryson Smith and Josh Fellhauer are fodder. They are also 26, not 21/22. I did not include Y-rod in that statement. The only 22 year old is Juan Duran, who should not be cut, you're right about him.

Smith and Fellhauer though? 26 year old nobodys at AA? They could be cut and not make a difference whatsoever. Duran is very unlikely to make a difference for the Reds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Because Holmberg is a legitimate prospect and Bryson Smith and Josh Fellhauer are fodder. They are also 26, not 21/22. I did not include Y-rod in that statement. The only 22 year old is Juan Duran, who should not be cut, you're right about him.

Smith and Fellhauer though? 26 year old nobodys at AA? They could be cut and not make a difference whatsoever. Duran is very unlikely to make a difference for the Reds as well.
    Thought you had included Rodriguez. Reread it and you didn't. Either way though, the statement was off base. Smith is 25, can play center, can run a little bit (when healthy at least) and can hit a little bit. Probably not smart to cut a guy like that. Maybe he only turns into a 4th/5th outfielder, but that has value and guys who can play center and can hit a little bit don't grow on trees.

Turn Off Ads?