Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 EPL Thread

Re: 2014-2015 EPL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    City really looks dominant 2 games in -- absolutely no weakness with the squad that I can readily see.
    They are huge and fast. I thought Liverpool played well. Couldn't crack that defense in the first half.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    They are huge and fast. I thought Liverpool played well. Couldn't crack that defense in the first half.
    I agree. There were times when Liverpool appeared to be the better side but City was a nut that just couldn't be cracked. Then City absolutely punished the few mistakes made by Moreno and the back four in general (I thought Lovren played a pretty poor game). The depth they have on the attack is almost unbelievable.

Arsenal get the job done to reach the group stage of the Champions League. 1-0 win, with the goal from Sanchez. Only saw highlights, but looked like a solid performance. Went down to 10 men with about 15 minutes to go after a bogus card on Debuchy.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Champions League draw was yesterday. Completely satisfied w/ Chelsea's group (Schalke, Sporting Lisbon & Maribor).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Champions League draw was yesterday. Completely satisfied w/ Chelsea's group (Schalke, Sporting Lisbon & Maribor).
    Liverpool got a fairly nice draw as well. They look like they should be able to advance out of their group with some luck and get a pair of glamour ties with Real Madrid as well.

It's utterly absurd how garbage their draw is every year.
    2013-14: Schalke, Basel, Steau Bucuresti
    2012-13: Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk, Nordsjælland (Which they didn't even get out of)
    2011-12: Bayern Leverkusen, Valencia, Genk
    2010-11: Marseille, Spartak Moscow, Zilina
    2009-10: Porto, Atletico Madrid (Who were not good here), APOEL
    2008-09: Roma, Bordeaux, CFR Cluj

I mean, it's absurd. Best team is Juventus in that time frame.

That 2008 Roma team wasn't too bad.

But, overall, I'd agree that Chelsea has gotten exceptionally lucky with their draws recently.

United are a hot mess. They have NO linkup play from the back line. They have a ton of firepower up front and can't get them the ball. What a disaster.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Everton v. Chelsea today was the EPL's rebuttal to anyone who thinks soccer is boring. Hello.

Liverpool looking sharp........

Well, United are certainly not sitting still. They've brought in Di Maria, Luke Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, and now Falcao. That is an impressive haul. Hopefully for them they have bought a back line, replaced Welbeck, and shifted Rooney into a deeper role. Rooney has always been excellent at tracking back and I think he will play well in a deeper role (like Gerrard has).
    Last edited by improbus; 09-01-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Liverpool looking sharp........
    Sterling is really starting to look sharp. Sturridge and Mario up front with Sterling right behind them is scary.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Sterling is really starting to look sharp. Sturridge and Mario up front with Sterling right behind them is scary.
    I agree, his quickness is unbelievable. Once he gets better touch, he's going to be downright scary.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Champions League group play starts at 2:45 ET. The Arsenal game is on FS1 and Liverpool on FS2. Too bad I have to work... oh wait, I have a home office and the TV is right over there.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

First year following EPL after getting into the World Cup. I'm confused by the Champions League. Do teams from several different leagues compete? I just get confused because it seems like the EPL season takes breaks for different leagues. Just doesn't seem to run anything like American sports. Any explanation would be appreciated.

Turn Off Ads?