Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: When life unravels all at once.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: When life unravels all at once.

I mean I put everything I had out there for her, I did everything I could to care for her in the most vulnerable period of her life, I did everything that a loving, caring, respectful boyfriend should do, and this is how I end getting treated in return.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I want to believe that, but I mean just like...following the series of events that's happened, I don't know why any good person would end being treated like this. Just constant abuse at this point.
    Because other people aren't exactly good people.

In the end - people suck. But, there are good people out there.

Why isn't she blocked on all of your social media accounts? You don't need that in your life. Go block her from everything.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-06-2016),TRF (06-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because other people aren't exactly good people.

In the end - people suck. But, there are good people out there.

Why isn't she blocked on all of your social media accounts? You don't need that in your life. Go block her from everything.
    She was. She made new ones to get around to contact me, apparently.

Sleeping it off I guess, can't wait to see what I wake up to tomorrow, God knows at this point it'll be something.

Man there is so much else out there in the world for you.

I get that your experience with this jerk hurts.

But its just one relationship.

Keep going on and reach out to new groups. You will find something so much better, worthwhile, and deserved! You deserve it, just put yourself out there and live your life with other people.

8. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-06-2016),WrongVerb (06-05-2016)

If a friend of yours was experiencing this kind of treatment from his ex, what would your advice be to him?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

10. Likes:

Larkin Fan (06-06-2016),Raisor (06-05-2016),TRF (06-06-2016),WrongVerb (06-05-2016)

She was. She made new ones to get around to contact me, apparently.
    Take a damn break from social media. You'll be better for it. And frankly, no one NEEDS FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc. She can't touch you here, so just deactivate them. For about a month, it'll feel weird as hell. Eventually it won't. Cut off her avenues to hurt you. then, instead of social media, go be social. Where she isn't. If she shows up, excuse yourself, grab a bite to eat somewhere, and go home.

Nobody deserves abuse like that, but you sure don't have to make it easy for her. I'm somehow still married and dropped all social media except Google+, and that's only because I have to have it for youtube play lists. Also, I'm in like 19 tech groups.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

12. Likes:

Larkin Fan (06-07-2016),redsfanmia (06-06-2016),Revering4Blue (06-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Take a damn break from social media. You'll be better for it. And frankly, no one NEEDS FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc. She can't touch you here, so just deactivate them. For about a month, it'll feel weird as hell. Eventually it won't. Cut off her avenues to hurt you. then, instead of social media, go be social. Where she isn't. If she shows up, excuse yourself, grab a bite to eat somewhere, and go home.

Nobody deserves abuse like that, but you sure don't have to make it easy for her. I'm somehow still married and dropped all social media except Google+, and that's only because I have to have it for youtube play lists. Also, I'm in like 19 tech groups.
    I shut off facebook for the summer a month ago... I 've not missed it one bit... apparently there is a bunch of rage about the Cincy Zoo Gorilla shooting that I'm missing out on... oh bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    I shut off facebook for the summer a month ago... I 've not missed it one bit... apparently there is a bunch of rage about the Cincy Zoo Gorilla shooting that I'm missing out on... oh bother.
    I barely go on Facebook anymore. I will click on it when I am bored sometimes, read a few posts about people being offended and then close the app.

15. Likes:

marcshoe (06-06-2016)

And it continues today. They continue to find new ways to contact me and people I know. Family is making everything 1000 times worse.

I can't handle this. I don't know what to do. I really don't know what to do.

And it continues today. They continue to find new ways to contact me and people I know. Family is making everything 1000 times worse.

Honestly, I think you should cut contact with everyone giving you a hard time and go on a vacation to somewhere you can clear your mind.

18. Likes:

TRF (06-07-2016)

It sounds like they are going out of their way to hurt you. And it also sounds like they know exactly how to do it.

And your reaction is fueling their actions. You've effectively turned over control of your moods and thoughts to them.

The reason so many people have joined in on this thread is that we've come to "know" you, as much as anyone can in this online world, and we know how intelligent and cool you are. We want to find the words to help you.

You have to separate yourself from the source of your pain. Cut off all communication.

How many times do you have to stick your hand in a fire before you realize it burns?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

20. Likes:

TRF (06-07-2016)

If you have not turned off all your social media, then you are inviting abuse. I'm sorry if that sounds tough or heartless, but you can ask anyone on here in 2011, I know what you are going through.

You can't obsess over what is not in front of you, and it cannot hurt you if you cannot read it. It just can't. Turn off FB. Set up a new email address for work, bills etc. And stop hurting yourself with what others say and do. Hell, just move away. If family's only goal or if just the way they act towards you is hurting you, then walk away from them and live a peaceful content life.

Yes you do. You've gotten 400+ posts of telling you to cut the bad out of your life. I was there. I was right there where you are. I ended up swallowing sleeping pills. A lot of them. Then I got help. I put the hurt in the past. Words only have power if you let them. And once you realize that, then all their power is gone. Every time you come on here and say you don't know what to do is one more day you figured out you can still go on. Raisor said something to this effect too.

Every day you post is another day alive. Cut the cancer out of your life. You won't miss them one bit.

23. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-07-2016),Larkin Fan (06-07-2016),marcshoe (06-07-2016),RFS62 (06-07-2016),SunDeck (06-07-2016)

Maybe I have missed it, but who is "they"? I know you said your ex but are there more people involved that are making life miserable for you? How exactly, what is she/they doing? I agree with others, need to eliminate and point of contact that you can with her/them.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

25. Likes:

RedEye (06-08-2016)

Turn Off Ads?