Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 6/21/14 - Reds vs Blue Jays

Re: 6/21/14 - Reds vs Blue Jays

Jay's fandom borders on soccer-like hysteria. Doesn't mix well with my Midwest "act like you've been there before" boring fan act.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Did you just apologize to yourself because you misunderstood yourself while talking to yourself?!?!
    Since I seldom make mistakes. I get really confused on those rare occasions. Like just the other day, when i got lost going to my bookmakers to pay off my Heat wager.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

The Reds are about 1 run less for the season than the average team in the NL on a per game basis.

That didn't take long, and all it took was a healthy return of Votto and Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Reds are about 1 run less for the season than the average team in the NL on a per game basis.

That didn't take long, and all it took was a healthy return of Votto and Bruce.
    Well, in fairness, it also took Billy Hamilton starting to catch fire, Ryan Ludwick coming back to his career numbers and Devin Mesoraco getting out of his slump. But you're right, the point to take away here is that once everyone was healthy and starting to get back on track, the offense is going to be just fine.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (06-21-2014),Ironman92 (06-21-2014),Kingspoint (06-22-2014)

You've got to love when it is a total performance. 8 guys had hits, 7 got rbi's. So good.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I sometimes share the visiting team's news article about the game, but I meant to highlight the Enquirer's story from yesterday's paper. Written by John Erardi, it really is an exquisite narrative of a good game.

In particular, these two paragraphs jumped out at me as just excellent, but again the whole article is good read.

There was probably a little more hangover Saturday from Friday among the fans than the players, only because the fans tend to live and die over each game whereas the players are more 162-oriented. On the other hand, the embarrassment level for players is a lot more real the most fans imagine.

The past two games – Friday with the Reds up 8-0 after two, Saturday with them up 8-0 after four – made for strange out-of-body experiences in both, the former watching the lead evaporate, the latter watching the lead build, the eeriness of it heightened by the déjà vu potential.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...jays/11220783/
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Then there's Fay. Just read the game story for the Sunday game and noted several typo/editing issues. Shameful. Read over your work, son.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?