Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton-Choo comparison

Re: Hamilton-Choo comparison

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Also Choo's career dWAR is closer to -1.0 than -.5 for a FULL 162 game year.
    For his career, Choo has graded out as a -5 run/UZR 150 corner outfielder.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If you are suggesting Hamilton's production has been significantly affected by a hamstring injury, i'm calling shenanigans.
    Of course its possible. He has been caught stealing at a far higher rate than he was in the minors. Who's to say it isn't because of his hamstring? Do you mean to say you don't believe a sprinters speed cannot be affected by an injured hamstring?? Hmmm
    Last edited by DocRed; 07-11-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Of course its possible. He has been caught stealing at a far higher rate than he was in the minors. Who's to say it isn't because of his hamstring? Do you mean to say you don't believe a sprinters speed cannot be affected by an injured hamstring?? Hmmm
    I mean to say that I don't believe his performance has been impaired all season due to being injured like has been suggested.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Injuries only have to factored in for Choo. Duh.

6. Likes:

Crumbley (07-12-2014),DocRed (07-11-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (07-11-2014)

Shin SabrFavorite Choo is the only player you are allowed to factor injuries in with, sheesh, get it together people.

8. Likes:

DocRed (07-11-2014)

FACT: Shin Soo Choo has been a disappointment for the Rangers after signing a huge contract

FACT: Billy Hamilton has been overly satisfactory for the Reds while playing for the league minimum

FICTION: I am wearing pants

10. Likes:

Brutus (07-12-2014),DocRed (07-11-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (07-11-2014),reds44 (07-11-2014),Rojo (07-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Injuries only have to factored in for Choo. Duh.
    Exactly because Hamilton's obvious gimpiness has been a major topic of concern on redszone for like, the whole season. A huge high five goes to every single poster who has been pointing this issue out from day one.

Please step up to the plate and publicly claim your due praise.

For a Level Playing Field

I will be the first to limp up to the plate and admit that Billy Hamilton is a MAN. He does not whine to the media about being hurt. He gets iced after every game in an effort to keep rolling. He also does not need his fans making excuses for him. I feel better.

13. Likes:

mth123 (07-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I will be the first to limp up to the plate and admit that Billy Hamilton is a MAN. He does not whine to the media about being hurt. He gets iced after every game in an effort to keep rolling. He also does not need his fans making excuses for him. I feel better.
    So you're also the first to limp to the plate to heap huge praise on Choo for playing though something that clearly causes him pain, not whining to the media about it and taking his treatment after every game in a clearly successful effort to keep rolling despite his team being out of the chase? I suspect your very next post will be dripping with praise for Choo since you've just articulated that Choo would make an incredible mentor for BH.

I'd just like to throw this out there for Hamilton's defense team.... Why does Choo have to be denigrated in efforts to lift Hamilton up?

It's one of the more surreal memes on redszone and that's saying a heckuva lot. Plus it completely ignores the notion that Choo in left field, hopping on one foot grades out about 30 runs/600 better offensively than the current Reds outfield to this point while the defense really wouldn't have been a big downgrade by playing the one-legged Korean with the heart of Godzilla.
    Please inform me, your honor, where I denigrated Choo, or chopped up Hamilton's sample size. Your agenda against Billy is getting a tad bit tiring, as is your habit of hijacking threads with false assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Please inform me, your honor, where I denigrated Choo, or chopped up Hamilton's sample size. Your agenda against Billy is getting a tad bit tiring, as is your habit of hijacking threads with false assumptions.
    OK, to all struggling students who might be desperately trapped in their lack of understanding and suffering the stress associated with sinking slowly to their doom like a dinosaur in a tar pit of confusion, the said OP (which now I'm assuming was not authored by you but rather someone who hacked into your redszone profile), framed the comparison (reasonable people might assume was meant to demonstrate Hamilton's value) first by listing Choo's struggles and then by considering their relative worths if BH's first month was inexplicably ignored.

What you've illuminated by referencing the OP is an agenda for BH. What you've done with ad hominem aimed at someone with a more conservative approach to player evaluation is further add evidence of the bias your comments i'm sure unintentionally highlighted. That's fine and all to not be objective about guys. But don't act poorly because someone has posted a more cautious critique. If "time will tell" is an agenda, you've got a tough job having to live in a world of analysis. I wish you well on your journey, as uncomfortable as it will inevitably be.

P.S. BH's ultimate value will have nothing to do with how Choo's contract plays out or how well or poorly Choo's numbers may or may not look at any given time or over any given sample. Thanks.
    Last edited by jojo; 07-12-2014 at 12:59 PM.

OK, to all struggling students who might be desperately trapped in their lack of understanding and suffering the stress associated with sinking slowly to their doom like a dinosaur in a tar pit of confusion, the said OP (which now I'm assuming was not authored by you but rather someone who hacked into your redszone profile), framed the comparison (reasonable people might assume was meant to demonstrate Hamilton's value) first by listing Choo's struggles and then by considering their relative worths if BH's first month was inexplicably ignored.

What you've illuminated by referencing the OP is an agenda for BH. What you've done with ad hominem aimed at someone with a more conservative approach to player evaluation is further add evidence of the bias your comments i'm sure unintentionally highlighted. That's fine and all to not be objective about guys. But don't act poorly because someone has posted a more cautious critique. If "time will tell" is an agenda, you've got a tough job having to live in a world of analysis. I wish you well on your journey, as uncomfortable as it will inevitably be.

P.S. BH's ultimate value will have nothing to do with how Choo's contract plays out or how well or poorly Choo's numbers may or may not look at any given time or over any given sample. Thanks.
    Big whiff on your part. Just 'cause you could muster up a 200 word filabuster doesn't mean you said anything. I think what Cincrazy was looking for is a direct quote from him that you could easily do using the cut and paste function

I don't think pointing out Choo's injuries is fair since Hamilton is already an offensive liability.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Big whiff on your part. Just 'cause you could muster up a 200 word filabuster doesn't mean you said anything. I think what Cincrazy was looking for is a direct quote from him that you could easily do using the cut and paste function
    I don't know how much more direct a reference to the OP can be. You might try reading the OP as this is the second time in this thread a reasonable person could wonder if youve skipped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't think pointing out Choo's injuries is fair since Hamilton is already an offensive liability.
    Pointing out Choo's injury is perfectly fair when directly comparing Choo with another player. Jeeps it's not like predicting Choo would be injured within weeks of the season was the "absolutely so patently easy a thing to see that the uninitiated couldve predicted it thing" that forecasting Puig's success was...

Turn Off Ads?