Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 7/25/14 Reds vs. Nationals - Never fear, Cozart is here!

Re: 7/25/14 Reds vs. Nationals - Never fear, Cozart is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Sadly every starter since the All-Star Break has to have the mindset "I have to throw a Shutout or risk losing" mentality. This offense went home at the All-Star Break and stayed there. The players in the 1st 2 games in NY, looked like they were 25 games out.. no energy, no focus.. look at how many taken strike 3 calls they had in game 1.. "5"!!!! thats ridiculous...and Price is okay with it.. doesnt want to rattle anybodys cage.. blames it on a long season.. hmmm dont see the other teams in our division looking or playing like the Reds!!! Zero urgency, refusing to make adjustments.. hitting the other way etc.. so when they keep losing.. i cant wait to hear the excuses because Votto and Phillips were hurt.. hello, that didnt stop them from winning before the break??? and Walt blew it by napping.. Now its to late and no shakeup is coming, because its all smoke and mirrors from Walt... just like every year at the deadline with Walt... Remember Byrd last year? a SMART GM claims him (21 homers at the time over a comeback from injury Ludwick) is a no brainer!!
    The Pirates traded away a top prospect for Byrd, who is currently mashingin the Mets farm system. If you think the Reds should have acquired Byrd, fine, but I am tired of people ignoring the basic fact that the Pirates did not in any way get him for free.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Sadly every starter since the All-Star Break has to have the mindset "I have to throw a Shutout or risk losing" mentality.
    Like I asked, when's the last time we had a solid start? The offense is dismal, but its not like the pitching has stepped up either. The efforts by Simon, Leake, Latos, Homer, and even JC recently cannot be excused by the idea that they have a "I have to throw a Shutout or risk losing mentality".

A million things have led to this 7 game streak.....but I sure wish Skip didn't think he was fast right before Frazier hit that HR in the 9th vs the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    In the meantime, when's the last time we had a solid performance from a starting pitcher. Like 7 innings one or two runs given up? This meltdown is not just on the position players.
    Assuming every game was 7 inn instead of 9 and our starters went 7 giving up 2.....we'd be 2-5 instead of 0-7

A quick qlance seems to indicate that the last solid start we got was back on 7/6 when Latos went 8 against the Brewers. That was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Pirates traded away a top prospect for Byrd, who is currently mashingin the Mets farm system. If you think the Reds should have acquired Byrd, fine, but I am tired of people ignoring the basic fact that the Pirates did not in any way get him for free.
    To be fair, last year, many posters didn't want the Reds to actually trade for Byrd, just put a claim in for him. If Jocketty had done that, pulled it back when the Mets asked for a prospect in return, the Pirates would never had gotten him. That is what upset most posters, if I remember correctly.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

8. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-26-2014),Red Raindog (07-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    He never misses an opportunity to grind his ax regarding Votto.
    And Votto is "GOD"! What an idiot Thom is...

Playoffs?? I just hope we can win a game.

Last edited by villain612; 07-26-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Turn Off Ads?