Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: @Reds: 7/28 #Reds lineup vs. D-Backs

Re: @Reds: 7/28 #Reds lineup vs. D-Backs

Point taken, but we saw the loss of Votto a couple of years ago didn't make much difference. Sparky won everywhere early and often. We griped about Dusty's lineup ad nauseum. They won. I know this is more difficult, but a lot of things don't make any sense. The didn't with Johnny B, but never anything like this. Always have gone with a track record. It's the job of the brain trust to figure this out. It ain't happening. Maybe it will. I hope it does.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds have not addressed offense since they acquired Choo in December 2012. Despite obvious needs.

Now, a couple of injuries later, the offense collapses. We shouldn't be that surprised, just look at the lineup these days.

Can't blame the manager. Reds had bad slumps under the last manager too. Remember last September.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Can't blame the manager. Reds had bad slumps under the last manager too. Remember last September.
    How'd that turn out?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I guess we're just gonna ignore the fact that Dusty didn't win in his first season with the Reds in 2008, or in 2009.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I guess we're just gonna ignore the fact that Dusty didn't win in his first season with the Reds in 2008, or in 2009.
    Like I said, it's not about winning or losing streaks. All managers have bad streaks, bad seasons.

It's about letting a team lose confidence in itself. I never saw a Baker or Anderson team play like they knew they were going to lose from the first pitch on.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    How'd that turn out?
    That's my point. Teams have slumps under all managers. First, look at the personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    That's my point. Teams have slumps under all managers. First, look at the personnel.
    Baker lost his job because the team felt he lost the clubhouse. I'm not saying Price should be fired, but it looks like he doesn't have the clubhouse at this point. Not sure he ever did.

I don't know what happen during the All-Star break but the Reds are possibly the worst team in MLB right now. As I recall Votto was already out of the lineup when the Reds won 8 out of 11, could BP be the linchpin that was holding this club together? He went on the DL right before the break and the Reds haven't been the same team since. While most folks appreciate the role he plays for this team defensively, I believe that not having his bat and presence in the lineup are related to the Reds offensive woes. Are the declines in hitting by Hamilton, Frazier and Mesorocco related to Phillips being injured? I don't think Votto going on the DL has derailed the offense as much as losing BP. When is "dat Dude" getting back?

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    Red Raindog is getting some action right now?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Fun listening to Bench.
    That was the best part about this game. FSO should try to get Bench to be in the booth for Sunday home games like Mike Schmidt is doing for the Phillies. He would make things more interesting anyway.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Move Bruce to leadoff tomorrow night. Keep moving him up until he hits. And then when he does, deal him to the AL.
    I think they should just pull names out of the hat for the lineup. It wouldn't hurt, that's for sure.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    Right now, Frazier, Hamilton, and Mesoraco are pretty close to ice cold.

Bruce is in the biggest funk since 2009, if not ever.

They are having to rely on bench players, and not ready minor leaguers.

It's a team wide hitting funk, and even the pitching let them down some since the break.
    Mes is actually showing signs of life this past week and while his July numbers are down from the first half, they're Ted Williams like when compared with some of his teammates.

Time to give Bruce a Ryan Howard and sit him for an extended period.

So was there any talk on the thread last night about this asinine flashing light (supposedly called "rally lite" or something) that occurred? It happened while we were batting and C. Trent noticed it and tweeted about it. Apparently, it's "a thing" - and at least one person wondered what I did - why would you do that when your team is batting and could possibly distract your batter with these lights flashing all over the ballpark?

See if this link works, showing it

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8A4...Qsov3e9hB6kRB0
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    So was there any talk on the thread last night about this asinine flashing light (supposedly called "rally lite" or something) that occurred? It happened while we were batting and C. Trent noticed it and tweeted about it. Apparently, it's "a thing" - and at least one person wondered what I did - why would you do that when your team is batting and could possibly distract your batter with these lights flashing all over the ballpark?

See if this link works, showing it

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8A4...Qsov3e9hB6kRB0
    Your link works but doesn't show it very well. I heard Marty and Cowboy talking about it on Radio in the extra innings. The Reds PR director Lisa Braun had to tell them what it was when they noticed it. It's the new Rally cap / Rally monkey.

I have been to conferences lately where all attendees download an app and hold up their phone to sync lights to live music on stage. Endless possibilities. ..
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    As I recall Votto was already out of the lineup when the Reds won 8 out of 11, could BP be the linchpin that was holding this club together?
    The Reds won a lot in June because everybody was hot. BP wasn't really hitting when he was here, but Frazier, Rocco, Bruce, Ludwick, and Hamilton all had an OPS over .848 or better for the month of June. After the break Rocco is the only 1 of those 5 with an OPS over .500.

Those are OPS #'s for 5 starters since the break. That is why they are losing. I'm sure BP being out isn't the reason those guys can't hit the ball right now.

Turn Off Ads?