Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: What podcasts do you listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Been listening to a bunch of poker podcasts recently

Ante Up Poker Magazine
    The Tournament Poker Edge
    The Official Red Chip Poker Podcast
    Weekly Poker Hand with Jonathan Little
    Full Contact Poker Podcast (Daniel Negreanu's podcast)
    and my favorite Poker in the Ears (The official Poker Stars podcast) (I'm going to be on as a "Super Fan" in a month or two doing a movie trivia quiz)

I also just finished Slate's Slow Burn podcast about Watergate, which was really good.
    And this is why you don't get shoutouts on my podcast and podcast appearances.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And this is why you don't get shoutouts on my podcast and podcast appearances.
    I just assume everyone already listens to your podcast. I have faith in you.

And you did mention me on your last one.

They are trying to Phil out the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I just assume everyone already listens to your podcast. I have faith in you.

And you did mention me on your last one.

They are trying to Phil out the roster.
    I'm going to use the Raisor and cut Phil from the roster.

I highly recommend Heaven’s Gate. Very effectively done.

I have been really enjoying Business Wars. It’s a new podcast that focuses on battles between huge corporations. The first 8 part series is on Netflix vs Blockbuster and eventually HBO.

I’m also doing How Did This Get Made? I’ve been a big fan of We Hate Movies but they have been going a little overboard on the Social Justice Warrior stuff recently.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
    Here's the Thing (Alec Baldwin)
    TED Radio Hour

I listened to "The Accused" by the Enquirer and "Breakdown" by the AJC. Both true crime/wrongful conviction types of podcasts are right up my alley. I also tried "Somebody Knows Something" by the CBC which was ok.

I have been recently binging on "How I Built This" by NPR which is a interviews with some of the great entrepreneurs of our time.

NEW REDS PODCAST ALERT!

Locked on Reds

It’s a daily (I’m assuming weekdays only) podcast hosted by James Rapien. I’m not familiar with Rapien but Bengals fans and you Cincinnatans who listen to sports talk radio probably are. The podcasts are 20-25 minutes, which I think is about right for a daily show.

Pros:
    - They play a lot of interview clips from players, Price, Williams, etc., that I would have otherwise missed.
    - He’s promised lots of guests, including a weekly interview with some guy named Doug Gray who apparently has a website about Reds minor leaguers.
    - Free daily Reds content for your ears!

Cons:
    - Probably more geared to casual fans, for example talking about batting average a ton and not mentioning OPS once this week.
    - Sometimes says things like “I’m sure Winker can fill in at CF occasionally.”

So I’m not highly recommending it (yet), but figured some of you, like me, would want to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    NEW REDS PODCAST ALERT!

Locked on Reds

It’s a daily (I’m assuming weekdays only) podcast hosted by James Rapien. I’m not familiar with Rapien but Bengals fans and you Cincinnatans who listen to sports talk radio probably are. The podcasts are 20-25 minutes, which I think is about right for a daily show.

Pros:
    - They play a lot of interview clips from players, Price, Williams, etc., that I would have otherwise missed.
    - He’s promised lots of guests, including a weekly interview with some guy named Doug Gray who apparently has a website about Reds minor leaguers.

Cons:
    - Probably more geared to casual fans, for example talking about batting average a ton and not mentioning OPS once this week.

So I’m not highly recommending it (yet), but figured some of you, like me, would want to give it a try.

Can confirm this report - scheduled to do the first show on Tuesday (though I don't know if that means the show will be up on Tuesday or not). Sorry for having everyone have to hear even more of my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Can confirm this report - scheduled to do the first show on Tuesday (though I don't know if that means the show will be up on Tuesday or not). Sorry for having everyone have to hear even more of my voice.
    Looking forward to it, Doug! Congrats on being a contributor. I think you’ll add a great perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    NEW REDS PODCAST ALERT!

Locked on Reds

Pros:

Cons:

Big fan of Rapien's Locked on Bengals podcasts so I'm looking forward to this

How did this get made

That got me through the long drives through the middle of nowhere New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. So good.

14. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-03-2018),RedTeamGo! (03-28-2018)

Here's what I'm subscribed to as of this morning:

The Fall of Rome Podcast

Stuff You Should Know

Radio Lab

Locked on Reds

the memory palace

Slow Burn: A Podcast About Watergate

MLB Newsmakers

The Unnamed Reds Podcast

The Tournament Poker Edge Podcast

Fresh Air

The Official Red Chip Poker Podcast

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

S-Town

Redleg Nation Radio A Cincinnati Reds Podcast

Poker in the Ears (especially Episode 116 that features me doing Tombstone trivia and you should really listen to it)

Reds Beat Podcast

Ante Up Poker Magazine

Weekly Poker Hand with Jonathan Little

Full Contact Poker Podcast

Serial

Nerdette Recaps Game of Thrones with Peter Sagal

The West Wing Weekly

Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney

Pop Culture Happy Hour

ID10T with Chris Hardwick (Formerly The Nerdist Podcast)

The Todd Barry Podcast

This American Life

Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!

You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes

I have recently dove into Hardcore History. Its interesting, but man does he go in depth. I have sped it up to 1.5 times because I didn't think I would ever get through a second episode.

I will have to check out "The Fall of Rome"

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have recently dove into Hardcore History. Its interesting, but man does he go in depth. I have sped it up to 1.5 times because I didn't think I would ever get through a second episode.

I will have to check out "The Fall of Rome"

I've only listened to the first episode of the Fall of Rome so far. I'll give it a few more.

Turn Off Ads?