Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What podcasts do you listen to?

Re: What podcasts do you listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    knowing he was an Ohio State guy, I had been meaning to ask if anyone knew when or if OSP was returning. Thanks....enjoy those guys, will check it out. Assume it is basically the same?
    Yeah as far as I can tell it’s identical.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

There’s a new podcast called American Prodigy that is looking back on Ken Griffey Jr’s career through the lens of how bizarrely he faded from MLB and pop culture’s consciousness after being the most famous baseball player for a long time. It’s up in the air whether the hosts will get Griffey on the mic (they got their season 1 subject to agree to be interviewed and one of the hosts is hip hop artist Kid Sensation who is a close friend to Jr) but it’s pretty well made and interesting so far, 3 episodes in. C Trent Rosencrans pops up on the mic when they get to Griffey’s Cincy years. I recommend checking it out, if it’s not already being discussed elsewhere in another thread.

4. Likes:

dabvu2498 (04-28-2021),goreds2 (04-28-2021)

I'm really enjoying Smartless, hosted by Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett. It's just really light and easy to listen to, with a lot of laughs. Guests have included Ricky Gervais, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Paul McCartney, Maya Rudolph, among many others.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

6. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-25-2021)

I've enjoyed 60 Songs That Explain the 90s.

I listen to Lance McAlister’s extra innings show. Episode following the Reds game each week night.

I generally do not listen to Dan Hoard’s weekend extra innings show podcast because he goes too much off topic instead of keeping to the subject of the Reds.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The Rewatchables has become a favorite...

https://www.theringer.com/the-rewatchables
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

If you like The Sopranos, the Talking Sopranos podcast hosted by Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa is pretty entertaining. They're covering each episode one at a time (they're currently in the 5th season), but they also interview nearly everyone who was on the show plus crewmembers and writers and directors. It's a lot of fun.

11. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    If you like The Sopranos, the Talking Sopranos podcast hosted by Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa is pretty entertaining. They're covering each episode one at a time (they're currently in the 5th season), but they also interview nearly everyone who was on the show plus crewmembers and writers and directors. It's a lot of fun.
    I'm almost through two seasons of the podcast and have really enjoyed this one.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr
    Men in Blazers
    The Bugle (John Oliver's podcast)
    How Did This Get Made? (about bad movies, one of the best)
    Comedy Bang Bang (Improv Comedy)
    Dan LeBatard Show (a radio show, but my favorite sports-related podcast)
    This American Life
    The Dana Gould Hour (The best. It comes out sparingly but it is 2 1/2 hours of hilarity)
    History of Rome (back in the day)
    Revolutions
    The Evening Jones (I like Bomani, good perpsectives on race, music, etc...)
    A bunch of the Grantland Shows (Men in Blazers, Do You Like Prince Movies, the Lowe Post, Jalen and Jacoby)
    Freakonomics Radio

I listen to alot of podcasts, but I don't watch much TV and listen to them at work often.
    I just discovered Revolutions over the winter. It gave me a good walking soundtrack that's kept my activity up since I started listening. Just finished season 4 last week. Sucks that it's ending but at least i still have 6 seasons to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    There’s a new podcast called American Prodigy that is looking back on Ken Griffey Jr’s career through the lens of how bizarrely he faded from MLB and pop culture’s consciousness after being the most famous baseball player for a long time. It’s up in the air whether the hosts will get Griffey on the mic (they got their season 1 subject to agree to be interviewed and one of the hosts is hip hop artist Kid Sensation who is a close friend to Jr) but it’s pretty well made and interesting so far, 3 episodes in. C Trent Rosencrans pops up on the mic when they get to Griffey’s Cincy years. I recommend checking it out, if it’s not already being discussed elsewhere in another thread.
    This ended up being a bit underwhelming. I think they lost a majority of their source material’s bang after Griffey left the Mariners and they never got Griffey to agree to be interviewed so it just fizzled out. Which is maybe appropriate as it matched the ho-hum fade from the spotlight that Griffey’s career seemed to have (warranted or not).

Turn Off Ads?