Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Reds @ Marlins 8/1/2014 "Let's win 2 in a row" edition

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Reds @ Marlins 8/1/2014 "Let's win 2 in a row" edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Made out of glass lol....did you see what he did to catch that ball. Outstanding play that you love to see but hate to see your stars attempt.
    Yes I did just watch it...and I'm even MORE confused. He slid into the wall with his LEFT foot, the right foot was tucked under him as he slid into the wall. As he comes up, he's clutching his RIGHT foot/ankle. Nice catch, but he hurt his ankle sliding...not hitting the wall. Watch it again. As I said...glass.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Let's just get into the playoffs boys. Anything can happen.

I'd take Johnny Cueto in a one game playoff against anyone this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

4. Likes:

Raisor (08-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    No, I didn't. But he's on the DL more than anybody I can remember.
    That's fine but find the video. He slid full speed into the wall and busted up his ankle....it surely was nothing ordinary.

I know what you mean with his DL trips but seeing the great highlight play and effort I just thought the "made of glass comment" wasn't fair to a guy who sold out to make a great play....while being on a crappy team.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    That's fine but find the video. He slid full speed into the wall and busted up his ankle....it surely was nothing ordinary.

I know what you mean with his DL trips but seeing the great highlight play and effort I just thought the "made of glass comment" wasn't fair to a guy who sold out to make a great play....while being on a crappy team.
    2 posts up bud. I did watch it. He didn't bust up his ankle sliding into the wall. He hit the wall with his left...then grabbed his right. The right didn't touch anything but his butt and the ground as he slid.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    2 posts up bud. I did watch it. He didn't bust up his ankle sliding into the wall. He hit the wall with his left...then grabbed his right. The right didn't touch anything but his butt and the ground as he slid.
    Announcer fooled me with ankle as his other foot hit looking to injur that ankle....I'll ask you to watch again and his leg that was ticked under him caught a lot of pressure as well and can't tell if that concrete is raised up a few inches....if so his ankle/shin likely busted it.

Regardless, still don't think made of glass works on that play....and he's not on the DL yet either.

Here is a pic of the concrete that is a couple inches off the ground....I think his right ankle/lower leg could've hit it darn hard.

Nationals lose. Pirates, Cards, and Braves all losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    Nationals lose. Pirates, Cards, and Braves all losing.

Name:  525888036a38fec4c3ecf1be585a34fc.gif
Views: 181
Size:  13.4 KB

11. Likes:

757690 (08-07-2014),kaldaniels (08-06-2014),Red Raindog (08-02-2014),villain612 (08-01-2014)

Glass missed 2 games....go ahead HR tonight

Turn Off Ads?