Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 8/2/2014-Reds-At-Marlins

Re: 8/2/2014-Reds-At-Marlins

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    You can easily hold the runner on in MLB....I obviously wasn't meaning that.
    Not in that situation. Will an experienced coach chime in here? In that situation that runner means nothing, therefore you don't hold him in. Therefore he takes second.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

8/2/2014-Reds-At-Marlins

You walk him to set up the DP....first baseman holds runner at first and comes off on the pitch.....basically in the same position as if you walk them loaded and play in. If he's a typical guy who hits it in the 3.5 hole maybe not but that can be pitched around as well.

If he's held on....he ain't running on MLB catchers and if he did run and make it MLB SS will meet ball and keep runner on 3rd from scoring.....then you walk them loaded.

If runner at first dares try the runner at 3rd has to beware of catcher faking so he can't get the jump to score on that play.
    Last edited by Ironman92; 08-03-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: wrong

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Not in that situation. Will an experienced coach chime in here? In that situation that runner means nothing, therefore you don't hold him in. Therefore he takes second.
    How do you know that I'm not an experienced coach? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    How do you know that I'm not an experienced coach? Lol
    Didn't say that. Just want another opinion.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Didn't say that. Just want another opinion.
    I was district COY in 2010

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

8/2/2014-Reds-At-Marlins

Do'h!
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?