Turn Off Ads?

Thread: High stakes fantasy baseball

High stakes fantasy baseball

I'm just curious if anyone knows of any leagues that I consider 'high stakes.' I'm looking at possibly paying $500-$750 for a fantasy baseball league. I'm looking for suggestions for 2015. Anyway, if you know of anyone who hosts that kind of league, I'd appreciate contact info if possible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: High stakes fantasy baseball

I play in the NFBC. I fly out to Vegas to draft, which is a good time, but you can draft online. Entry is $1500ish.

http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/home/nfbc/index.asp

They have other cheaper price points, but that's the Main Event. You end up drafting with some really interesting people - I've been in a league with director Nick Cassavetes twice, there's always people who run fantasy websites, people who play fantasy games for a living, etc.

This is my third time, I finished 6th out of 15 my first time, 3rd last year, and I'm sitting about 8th this year. Have been well in the top half overall both of the first two years, but no breakthrough season yet. It is nowhere near as easy as home leagues and requires a fair amount of prep.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I play in the NFBC. I fly out to Vegas to draft, which is a good time, but you can draft online. Entry is $1500ish.

http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/home/nfbc/index.asp

They have other cheaper price points, but that's the Main Event. You end up drafting with some really interesting people - I've been in a league with director Nick Cassavetes twice, there's always people who run fantasy websites, people who play fantasy games for a living, etc.

This is my third time, I finished 6th out of 15 my first time, 3rd last year, and I'm sitting about 8th this year. Have been well in the top half overall both of the first two years, but no breakthrough season yet. It is nowhere near as easy as home leagues and requires a fair amount of prep.
    Thanks. I'll check it out. I doubt I'll do the $1500 one. Actually, a buddy of mine have talked about putting money together to get in a big one but it's tough to find something. I hate that I'm paying $50 for a league and the reward for the time you put in really isn't worth it. So I figured if I'm going to spend so much time with a fantasy team, I may as well go big.

Doing a co-owned team is pretty common. It actually helps with the prep, and the draft is easier with a co-owner. It moves pretty quickly! I may try their football product, but probably one of the cheaper leagues this year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?