Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 8.14.14 Reds @ Rockies

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: 8.14.14 Reds @ Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Bruce is over the bug, and back to normal self.
    Cozart has a higher BA right now --- I'd have made some good money on that bet I think
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

yep call it a season.. there is ZERO fire. ZERO adjustments and the announcers act like this team is in a pennant race.. If the Cubs with their rookies over take the Reds, Would that be enough to FINALLY fix the issues fans have seen with this offense (LACK OF) for the past 2 seasons when it counts?? 0-26 when down by 5.. yep that smells pennant race HAHA.. I Cant wait to hear the nightly excuse since the All-Star Break how its a long season blah blah, team hadnt hit to their back of thier baseball card. blah blah, the injuries are the problems.. ALL teams go thru injuries its how you have your reserves at AAA or prospects that are ready to help soon or trades?? something Walt refuses to do, because of all this great starting pitching.. Well since the All-Star Break Simon hasnt done much, the others have been decent, but the lack of hitting has put this staff under the pressure of Throw a shutout or expect to loose mentality.. NO team should have to go thru that with a a starting staff the 1999 Reds wish they had back then with that offense. WEhat bugs me alot id how Accountability was preached by Price but we havent seen much of it..

3 runs on 6 hits in Colorado. Break up the reds. Walt pathetic job helping this team.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

5. Likes:

texasdave (08-14-2014)

Culberson prevented a one run loss. There's that ; (
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

"I like Price." Said by everyone.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    "I like Price." Said by everyone.
    I got pissed with him tonight, but to act like Dusty or anybody would be leading a lineup featuring Schumaker, Negron, Cozart, and a Bruce with a lower batting average than Cozart to success is silly. Injuries have devastated us, and a lack of creativity by the front office leaves us at the status quo.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Red Raindog (08-15-2014),toledodan (08-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I got pissed with him tonight, but to act like Dusty or anybody would be leading a lineup featuring Schumaker, Negron, Cozart, and a Bruce with a lower batting average than Cozart to success is silly. Injuries have devastated us, and a lack of creativity by the front office leaves us at the status quo.
    Post of the night. The Dusty supporters are probably quietly enjoying every little thing that goes wrong. Price has nothing to work with and he is being exposed on any mistake made. If price has a full roster of expected players and fails than let them pound their chest.
    Last edited by toledodan; 08-15-2014 at 01:58 AM.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Continuing to try to start Skip is annoying. But Yes.... the job by the FO, and I am starting to think that Bob C has as much to do with this as Walt, not monetary wise only but just his "These are my guys and fans want to not see too much turnover" BS....like they are attached to this team like the BRM or something. Even the guys at AAA that we have talked about (Perez, Navarro) must be terrible in the clubhouse or defense to not try a few of them.

Heisey should be gone by next year and Jack H should have been gone after his rehab stint.

12. Likes:

toledodan (08-15-2014),WVRedsFan (08-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    Post of the night. The Dusty lovers are probably quietly enjoying every little thing that goes wrong. Price has nothing to work with and he is being exposed on any mistake made. If price has a full roster of expected players and fails than let them pound their chest.
    I still think Price hurts himself with his in game decisions and the wanting to make other BIG LEAUGE players make plays as if they were playing against Little League teams.....meaning the over aggressive base running stupidity and more bunting since John McGraw and Connie Mack were managing baseball at the same time.

I want to see him with a full healthy roster as well and he deserves at least his full contract time to manage and learn. I question what the FO is going to do to help him. He likes the misfit gritty toys that Dusty was accused of over using as well.

14. Likes:

toledodan (08-15-2014),WVRedsFan (08-15-2014)

Totally agree, Tony. He doesn't have a lot to work with, but the difference is good managers use strategy to win those 1-run games. Whether it's a pitching change or a lineup. We don't know what Dusty would have done in these situations, of course, but I think the record would be better, but then again that's just guessing. Do I want Dusty back? No. Do I think Price will learn from his mistakes? I hope so. Rookies are rookies and Price sure acts like one. I just am amazed with the support for him on this board, not that I don't support him because I want this team to win. I get aggravated when he makes an really glaring mistake and everyone sluffs it off because they like him.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    Post of the night. The Dusty supporters are probably quietly enjoying every little thing that goes wrong. Price has nothing to work with and he is being exposed on any mistake made. If price has a full roster of expected players and fails than let them pound their chest.
    Anyone who does that needs to find another team. Period.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?