Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 8/17/14 - Reds @ Colorado (Game 1 of 2)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: 8/17/14 - Reds @ Colorado (Game 1 of 2)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Looks like Axelrod is pitching 5+ innings no matter what....:X

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, tells you what an ugly season its been if it's only top 5
    Oy -- can we get a mercy rule in that fast?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Second half of a double header, 9pm start, immediately coming off of a devastating loss at the hands of Drew Stubbs and Axelrod is pitching.

This next game might get the lowest TV rating the Reds have had since 2009.

Putting Chapman in, in the first place was crazy with a four-run lead in game one.

Quote Originally Posted by '69 & Vine View Post
    Putting Chapman in, in the first place was crazy with a four-run lead in game one.
    Well hindsight is 20/20....but in retrospect I don't think that is the first time Chapman has loaded the bases with walks.

Solid stats? Huh? Lol
    Yeah....gave up a HR in 1/3 of an inning

That figures to a good ERA doesn't it?

Wow, Chapman's ERA went up almost by 1.0...1.88 to 2.82.

Yeah....The Hoov man. He's getting it together. He was fooling you Price....please. Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    JJ still has solid stats-- all those runs except 1 went to chapman.
    Holy crap. Solid stats? Give me a break. ERA over 5 and 9 games given up.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

How is that crazy? A lot of people used to complain about the inactivity that Chapman had last year because there was no save situations for days. Chapman has not been pitching that much and again...it is Coors field. 4 run lead in Coors fields is a 1-2 run lead everywhere else.

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-17-2014)

We can't blame Hoover. Sucking is just living up to the family name for a Hoover.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Pheripherals man! Is that how you spell it? I spell it Danny Graves. Or Tom Hume circa 1983-84.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I think you are missing the sarcasm there.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Can't remember when the Reds had a big comeback like that. Seems they are always on the other end and always get career days and walk-offs from their castoffs when they go against them. This was too predictable. Drew Stubbs vs. Hoover where a HR would win the game. Just too easy to predict.

I'm thinking this this franchise is cursed and will never get over the top. Haven't advanced in the playoffs in 18 going on 19 seasons and when they did in '95 were swept in NLCS.

I think the window is closed or will be after next year. With their luck everyone is finally healthy next year and they go out and win 97 games only to finish 2nd in their own division to lose in the 1-game WC. I mean, would that even be surprising? We've seen it. At some point I wonder if it's just a combination of bad luck and if there's just something in the water that makes these teams choke. Maybe they have caught the choke bug from the Bengals. A lot of choking going on between these two franchises. Heck I was at the last playoff win (to advance) for both. '95 vs Dodgers and '91 vs. Oilers.

I'm thinking the window is closed. Great things don't seem to happen here anymore.

16. Likes:

joshua (08-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Can't remember when the Reds had a big comeback like that. Seems they are always on the other end and always get career days and walk-offs from their castoffs when they go against them. This was too predictable. Drew Stubbs vs. Hoover where a HR would win the game. Just too easy to predict.

I'm thinking this this franchise is cursed and will never get over the top. Haven't advanced in the playoffs in 18 going on 19 seasons and when they did in '95 were swept in NLCS.

I think the window is closed or will be after next year. With their luck everyone is finally healthy next year and they go out and win 97 games only to finish 2nd in their own division to lose in the 1-game WC. I mean, would that even be surprising? We've seen it. At some point I wonder if it's just a combination of bad luck and if there's just something in the water that makes these teams choke. Maybe they have caught the choke bug from the Bengals. A lot of choking going on between these two franchises. Heck I was at the last playoff win (to advance) for both. '95 vs Dodgers and '91 vs. Oilers.

I'm thinking the window is closed. Great things don't seem to happen here anymore.
    It's been awhile but 3-4 years ago I honestly felt we would come back in almost every game...

18. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I'd still bring in Chapman...
    This was all your fault.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?