Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: 8/19/2014 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 8/19/2014 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    I am so thankful that I was dead tired last night and sent myself to bed last night after the 7th inning.
    I went in person. Enjoyed watching Billy run the bases followed by the Frazier home run. The last substantive thing I saw was Billy missing a HR by about a foot, I was sitting right by that foul pole and the ball landed 10 feet to my right. At the end of that inning, I headed out for the walk and drive home. Got home in time to see Hoover's 9th and the HBP. Very glad I wasn't there in person for that. All around good judgment and timing on my part. Got out while the gettin' was good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Genuinely feel bad for JJ. Not like the guys is trying to be a human gas can. Poor sonofa...this has to be partially, at least, on Price's shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well, you went there, and I just have to say something. I have no problem if you believe the Reds should have kept Dusty, but I really can't wrap my head around comparing teams like the 2010, 2012, and 2013 squads to this year. It is just a complete false equivalency. This team is a lot more like Dusty's 74 win 2008 team, 78 win 2009 team, and 79 win 2011 team (These seasons happened and counted, not sure why everyone suddenly only remembers Dusty's winning seasons). I probably wouldn't dispute that this team could probably have maybe 2-3 L's that are W's instead with Dusty at the helm right now, but it's hardly an exact science because we don't know how Dusty would have handled everything that went on this season.
    Wasn't a Dusty advocate and never will be. Dusty's teams should have won many more games than they did because of what he did. What I was trying to slyly point out was that it's not just the injuries, it's the team and the management of the team. Worst bench in the NL at present. Dusty had go-to's that aren't available now. Dusty had a reliable bullpen. Price doesn't now, but no matter how much you hate Dusty or like Price, Bryan is not getting the job done. He makes moves that defy description, just like Dusty. Bringing in Hoover for instance. Playing Skipper over a hot Ludwick. Letting pitchers go too long (Chapman the other night). Always holding back for the latter innings when opportunities exist now. Unless he improves, he's a very short-timer. Why? Because the FO never admits they made a mistake. They hand the manager a team and say win with it, and when they don't, they fire the manager. I want the Reds and Price to do well and win. Apparently, my wants are not going to come true.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?