Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    bullpen in -- I think we can assume all three will score
    Logan does a nice job. Only one run scores on a sac fly; the other two are stranded.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

Red Raindog (08-20-2014),Tom Servo (08-20-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

ERA finishes at 2.24. He threw 103 pitches in 5 complete. Just not "on" at all. When it rains it pours.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Cueto didn't seem comfortable all night. Pitched very slowly, pacing around, seemed to be sweating quite a bit. Not sure if it's the heat or some minor hurt or whatever. Was wild high.

Nice outing by Ondrusek with the bases loaded so only one run scored.

This game has reinforced my desire, posted earlier, to get some minor league players a look with the Reds just to change things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Definitely had a good approach, and it was clear from the start that Cueto wasn't getting calls on the corners he was hoping for. Just not his night and while I understand wanting to get an extra inning out of him given the way the bullpen has been, it wasn't really fair to him.

Also he hit a few batters so I imagine the wildness wasn't hard to notice.
    I was concerned that Johnny was due for a not-so-sharp outing, but didn't want to say anything because he has been so good this year and is always our best chance.

"Help us, Obi-Wan Cuetobi. You're our only hope."
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-20-2014)

The Reds look deader tonight than the game thread. Down 5-0 through their half of the 7th...they could still come back to win this one but I'm starting to entertain the notion that the injuries etc have finally been too much to overcome and their season is done.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Tip my hat to Ondrusek....that was outstanding. He saved Cueto 2 runs to his ERA in my opinion

Hoover in. At least it's not a tie. Watch him be lights out now.

I remember this winter when some Reds fans said what a terrible move Peralta was for the Cards. Not bad having a .799 OPS shortstop who fields his position.

JJ Hoover in.....this is where I'd pitch him the rest of the year.....down by 3+ or up by 5+

Yeah....this game won't be much longer. Severe storm near....might not last long but it'll clear the seats

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Hoover in. At least it's not a tie. Watch him be lights out now.

I remember this winter when some Reds fans said what a terrible move Peralta was for the Cards. Not bad having a .799 OPS shortstop who fields his position.
    Peralta was a brilliant move for the Cards and it was the day they did it. Reds fans said the Carpenter deal was a terrible move too. Not so much.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

14. Likes:

TDogg (08-20-2014)

On the bright side of things, Hoover can't lose this one.

Hey...page 2...good job team
    Go Gators!

Heckuva gift by Lackey...wow

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Peralta was a brilliant move for the Cards and it was the day they did it. Reds fans said the Carpenter deal was a terrible move too. Not so much.
    Lots of years left to see how "brilliant" these moves are. And anyone can sign a cheater to a long term deal. Most other teams have too much integrity to do so.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    On the bright side of things, Hoover can't lose this one.
    I'm sure he could find a way
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Turn Off Ads?