Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Lots of years left to see how "brilliant" these moves are. And anyone can sign a cheater to a long term deal. Most other teams have too much integrity to do so.
    This is just wrong. You think the reason people didn't sign Peralta and Cruz is because of integrity? Must be nice to be that naive.

2. Likes:

KronoRed (08-20-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Lots of years left to see how "brilliant" these moves are. And anyone can sign a cheater to a long term deal. Most other teams have too much integrity to do so.
    I'm pretty sure almost every team in baseball would have liked to have Peralta at the right price, including the Reds.
    Go Gators!

5. Likes:

LewGra (08-20-2014)

I think your view of the situation is naive. Teams sign whatever players they think can help them win, whether they've cheated in the past or not.

7. Likes:

LewGra (08-20-2014)

Integrity lol

But having 3+ kids with 3+ women scattered across the US is ok to be a greatly heralded player.

9. Likes:

jojo (08-20-2014),KronoRed (08-20-2014),LewGra (08-20-2014)

Well Walt was part of the A's and the Cardinals PED teams, so you're probably right.

I actually wouldn't have as much of a problem with signing Cruz to the deal he got, because it reflected his worth after being convicted of PED use. The contract he signed was a form of punishment for breaking the rules. Peralta was not signed at the "right" price. He got what any clean player would have gotten on the open market.

Rewarding cheaters for cheating. Then Cardinal Way.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

More like other teams are skeptical that those guys can repeat when clean. Integrity has very little to do with it.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Integrity lol

But having 3+ kids with 3+ women scattered across the US is ok to be a greatly heralded player.
    Integrity to the game of baseball.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    More like other teams are skeptical that those guys can repeat when clean. Integrity has very little to do with it.
    There's a lot of truth to that.

Well Walt was part of the A's and the Cardinals PED teams, so you're probably right.

I actually wouldn't have as much of a problem with signing Cruz to the deal he got, because it reflected his worth after being convicted of PED use. The contract he signed was a form of punishment for breaking the rules. Peralta was not signed at the "right" price. He got what any clean player would have gotten on the open market.

Cruz got what he got because he had a qualifying offer attached. Peralta did not.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

The Reds are bad. That is all.

Just win baby.

And this is how one continually ends up on the wrong side of player evaluation discussions.....being dogmatic and unwilling to learn.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Peralta was paid more than Cruz because he is a shortstop, not because Cruz was "punished". Supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Cruz got what he got because he had a qualifying offer attached. Peralta did not.
    A little truth to that. But a draft pick isn't worth $45M.

Rewarding cheaters for cheating. Then Baseball Way.
    I went ahead and fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Peralta was paid more than Cruz because he is a shortstop, not because Cruz was "punished". Supply and demand.
    Again, not a $45M difference in supply and demand.

Turn Off Ads?