Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    In other news, Carlos Contreras has become a real gas can.
    And now he leaves the game with an injury.

Now we know how they will clear a spot for Holmberg.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The bullpen needs quarantined.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I would have brought on Schumaker to pitch, and let LeCure have the night off.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Time to give all the injured rest and bring up the kids. But they won't do it. As Tom said twice tonight, they're only 5 (now 6) games behind in the Wild Card race. As if......
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Cheering a former player when you are up by a mere 7 runs.

2classy4me
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Am I to believe what I just saw on Game Day? Traveling for work and just saw this travesty. Is it as shameful as it looks?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

In other news, Carlos Contreras has become a real gas can.
    I see nothing in his game that makes me think he'll be anything more than AAAA-emergency call-up for these kinds of desperate times. He doesn't really excel in anything.

Cheering a former player when you are up by a mere 7 runs.

2classy4me
    You don't think we'd cheer a former Red if we were up by 7?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I see nothing in his game that makes me think he'll be anything more than AAAA-emergency call-up for these kinds of desperate times. He doesn't really excel in anything.
    He should be in AA this year. Only reason's he in the bigs is because the Reds have no other options.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by LewGra View Post
    You don't think we'd cheer a former Red if we were up by 7?
    That is exactly my point. It's easy to be warm and fuzzy when you are winning big, but on the surface it's "Oh those classy Cardinals".

Cardinals playing some real sloppy ball here in the 9th. 7-3 game.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Wasn't he the best we had available at one point? The main problem here might be that this organization has nothing in the minors. Seems like somebody was making some bad scouting decisions over a period of a few years.

That is exactly my point. It's easy to be warm and fuzzy when you are winning big, but on the surface it's "Oh those classy Cardinals".

Cardinals playing some real sloppy ball here in the 9th. 7-3 game.
    Wouldn't it be more an "Oh look at us" if they did it when they were DOWN 7-0?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Wasn't he the best we had available at one point? The main problem here might be that this organization has nothing in the minors. Seems like somebody was making some bad scouting decisions over a period of a few years.
    Yes and no. We don't have much in the way of major league ready prospects, but over the long term the Reds have a lot of minor league talent. I don't think the front office expected the Reds this season to need to dig deep into the minors.

Most ridiculous and embarrassing, slightly edging out the Arroyo-Welsh JTM efforts, commercial is the WeAre FSO efforts.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Tying run at the plate
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?