Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 8.20.14 Reds @ Cardinals

Todd Frazier is the tying run at the plate
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Frazier!

...is what I would be posting if we lived in dream world. He just grounded out. Game over. Reds lose.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

PepperJack (08-20-2014)

Too good to be true. 6 straight losses.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Most ridiculous and embarrassing, slightly edging out the Arroyo-Welsh JTM efforts, commercial is the WeAre FSO efforts.
    I don't know...the Red Roof Inn "multi-tasking" commercial and FarmersOnly.com might beat both of them out.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-20-2014)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

just enough in the 9th suck us fools in -- talk you tomorrow
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

9. Likes:

PepperJack (08-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't know...the Red Roof Inn "multi-tasking" commercial and FarmersOnly.com might beat both of them out.
    at least they're not Reds specific.

Joey just doesn't have that convincing voice.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I've taken dumps that I'm more proud of than I am of this team. And this season is similarly and deservedly flushed down the drain.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

12. Likes:

MikeThierry (08-21-2014),TDogg (08-20-2014)

Good night all. You'll be happy to hear, I'll be in the great state of Tennessee for the next three titanic struggles. Carry on and get some wins.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Game threads down to 8 pages now.

You all are some brave souls.

I was actually busy tonight or else I would've jumped in these trenches with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

It's small, but that they could have just completely rolled on over, and got out of there, but they fought to delay the inevitable. If they weren't still playing for Price/each other, they likely would have.

The Cards relief/defense helped some too.

16. Likes:

757690 (08-20-2014),Tom Servo (08-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Good night all. You'll be happy to hear, I'll be in the great state of Tennessee for the next three titanic struggles. Carry on and get some wins.
    Travel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yes and no. We don't have much in the way of major league ready prospects, but over the long term the Reds have a lot of minor league talent. I don't think the front office expected the Reds this season to need to dig deep into the minors.
    "Dig deep"? Name one minor leaguer that has contributed this year. Diaz? Negron? A little bit. Nothing else. No first baseman they could call up. Nobody to help the beleaguered bullpen. Somebody really screwed the pooch in terms of signing talent over a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    It's small, but that they could have just completely rolled on over, and got out of there, but they fought to delay the inevitable. If they weren't still playing for Price/each other, they likely would have.

The Cards relief/defense helped some too.
    The Reds did seem flat and uninspired after the All-Star break, but the last few weeks, heart has not been their problem.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

PepperJack (08-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    "Dig deep"? Name one minor leaguer that has contributed this year. Diaz? Negron? A little bit. Nothing else. No first baseman they could call up. Nobody to help the beleaguered bullpen. Somebody really screwed the pooch in terms of signing talent over a period of time.
    Our best hitting prospect just reached AA this season, and one of our top prospects heading into this year is our everyday center fielder. Blandino should hopefully be a fast riser, Ervin seemed to be before his High-A struggles. A lot of our best pitchers are at the AA level and shouldn't be thrown to the wolves yet: Stephenson, Lively, Lorenzen, Moscot.

There's a lot of talent, it's just not major league ready.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The Reds did seem flat and uninspired after the All-Star break, but the last few weeks, heart has not been their problem.
    If heart has not been their problem over the last few weeks ( 2 wins 10 losses),
    we are really in trouble talent wise.

Turn Off Ads?