Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: The New Guys @ Orioles 9/4/14

Re: The New Guys @ Orioles 9/4/14

Leake laying an egg, and the bullpen still being mostly bad, ruined that whole game.

Mesoraco was awesome though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

On a good note I shot a 70 on 18 holes today. My best round in 8 years.

4. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-05-2014)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Based on the fact that he throws 88 (on a good day) with nothing on it. We've all got our favorites (I'm a Ludwick man myself) but enough with the excuses and the rationalizations. This team is what it is because our favorites haven't gotten the job done. Changes have to be made and the bull pen is the perfect place to start.
    Btw, sorry about that comment. As soon as I typed it I knew it sounded rude.

He's always thrown about 88 on his FB. And he's got good movement on it...yes, STILL. But before this year, it would start in the zone and break OUT of the zone. Now it's starting in the zone and breaking to a still hittable area. It could be nothing more than a mechanical tweek we're talking about.

Let me put it this way. We've got several guys in the pen who have a history of bad track records but who've done well in short stints. Logan, Hoover, Parra come to mind. LeCure is not in that group. He's had a history of excellence...this season is his first bad stretch at all. And let's put it in perspective too... 3.69 era, 40 k's, 18 bb. Those are average reliever numbers. Not POOR reliever numbers. He's gone from excellent to average for the first time. He's not as bad as many are remembering. Babip is something that I don't put much stock in but this season he's taken a BIG jump in that too. Since 2010, he's gone .308, .241, .297, .297 and this year .348. One of those things are not like the others.

Considering how much leeway many of the other guys have gotten over the years, I think we can give LeCure a mulligan on this season....same as Bruce.

wonder if they get 15,000 per game starting this weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    wonder if they get 15,000 per game starting this weekend..
    I got tickets for Monday night. That's 2.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Considering how much leeway many of the other guys have gotten over the years, I think we can give LeCure a mulligan on this season....same as Bruce.
    Not sure who's gotten "leeway" and I'm not about to give "mulligans" to anyone after this miserable year. We don't have any choice with Bruce, what can we do except hope for the best? We sure can't trade him off this season.

But even with the injuries and the offensive woes, this team could have still been halfway competitive if the veterans in the bullpen had stepped up and done their jobs. Changes have to be made. I really have seen enough of LeCure and Hoover to last a lifetime.

And i can't believe I'm sitting here arguing about Sam friggin LeCure on yet another night when he failed to get his job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    the Reds have lost the last 41 straight games when giving up 6 runs.. Tied the 1914 record..
    Damn that Buck Herzog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    And I can see Leake not getting out of the 3rd. He currently has 13 straight scoreless innings but he won't get that out of the first inning.
    Nosferatu?!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?