Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Sat 4:10 PM 9/6/14 Mets @ Reds

Re: Sat 4:10 PM 9/6/14 Mets @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Congratulations to johnny C. 17 wins is pretty impressive considering. Actually 17 wins is pretty impressive, period.
    In the AL he'd have a chance at the CY....right now he's need the Dodgers to free fall while Kershaw struggled about 3x

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Yeah...and 217 is much more than 93

59 in CF
    Yeah, because playing the outfield is soooo much harder than playing the infield. Heisey is a part time player who plays an inning or 2, often times without even touching a ball. I'd be interested in seeing how many chances it's been since his last error. If it's even half of what BP's is, then I will concede this discussion to you!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Yeah, because playing the outfield is soooo much harder than playing the infield. Heisey is a part time player who plays an inning or 2, often times without even touching a ball. I'd be interested in seeing how many chances it's been since his last error. If it's even half of what BP's is, then I will concede this discussion to you!
    Give me 15 min

Really nice win for the Reds today.

Cueto continues to very solid, even as the year wears on.

Great bullpen management today=everything worked out.

I don't mind Mesoraco not starting only when Cueto pitches. At least that has been the only day off he has been getting, not sitting multiple days per week.

To the posters who complain about Bruce or Frazier playing first but no Mesoraco, Bruce volunteered to go to 1B, while Mesoraco said he didn't think he could make the transition in season, but was willing to work on it in the spring. Also, Frazier has played a ton of 1B in his career. It is not a foreign position for him, not in the least.

I also agree with the posters who don't understand what seems like a protective bubble around Phillips. Complain over just about any other player, okay that's fine. But if you complain about something with Phillips, it seems like you are being accused of something much more severe.

Good job by Chapman today, to regain his composure after looking pretty shaky, was a nice sight to see.

6. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-06-2014)

BP 425 consecutive chances without a charged error

Heisey 351 consecutive chances without being charged an error

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-06-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

BP 425 consecutive chances without a charged error

Heisey 351 consecutive chances without being charged an error
    I still think Heisey's is weak, but I'm a man of my word. I concede...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Congratulations to johnny C. 17 wins is pretty impressive considering. Actually 17 wins is pretty impressive, period.
    Still a decent chance at 20. I don't think a Reds pitcher has won 20 since Danny Jackson in 1988?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    I also agree with the posters who don't understand what seems like a protective bubble around Phillips. Complain over just about any other player, okay that's fine. But if you complain about something with Phillips, it seems like you are being accused of something much more severe.
    What is "something much more severe" and who "accused" anybody of anything?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Still a decent chance at 20. I don't think a Reds pitcher has won 20 since Danny Jackson in 1988?
    Right. Danny had a really superb year then. Browning won 20 in 1985 (as a rookie?). Seaver had 21 but the first seven were with the Mets. The great Joey Jay won 21 in the wonderful 1961 year.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I still think Heisey's is weak, but I'm a man of my word. I concede...lol...
    351 can't be weak....not if you want 425 to be impressive (which it clearly is)

Need another win Sunday

351 can't be weak....not if you want 425 to be impressive (which it clearly is)

Need another win Sunday

I think there are way too many variables in errors, to really keep the streaks in perspective. I'm sure Phillips has committed what could be considered an error during his streak, and Heisey coming out of that game in Milwaukee without an error, shows the flaws in the general system.

Hopefully Latos is solid tomorrow, keeping the Reds in the game.

Took the day off (I needed it) and went to Wal-Mart and Lowe's and ate out at Shoney's (think Frisch's). Had a good time, but caught the last couple of innings on Sirius. Good win even if it was against the Mets. At this point I'll take whatever win we can get. Johnny had his usual weak start with lots of pitches, but (I understand from listening to Jeff and Doug Flynn) that he got stronger as he went along. One more point. The Reds should replace someone with Doug. I really enjoy his comments and color. Note to the Reds: Do not leave Jeff to do PBP even if Marty is gone. Mercy!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    I think there are way too many variables in errors, to really keep the streaks in perspective. I'm sure Phillips has committed what could be considered an error during his streak, and Heisey coming out of that game in Milwaukee without an error, shows the flaws in the general system.

Hopefully Latos is solid tomorrow, keeping the Reds in the game.
    Yeah....actually was part of my point. And also infielders playing balls off to the side "o'lay" style instead of squaring up in front of the ball.....rarely do they give those errors for anyone anymore.

Errors are not what they used to be. I remember Juan Gonzalez during his insane 104 RBI at the ASB year..remember him driving in two runs on a double but as he got to 2nd the scoreboard charged the OF with an error (on a ridiculously difficult play) and Juan pointing up to the scorer's area in anger....this was in Texas.

Now nearly everything goes to the benefit of the home player be it while hitting or defense.

Turn Off Ads?